Page 532 of 601 FirstFirst ... 32432482522530531532533534542582 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,640 of 12020

Thread: Kai Sotto's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    The best homegrown Filipino game against an NBA team exhibition or Summer League?

Did J. Aguilar, Ravena or Parks Jr. manage to have the same stat line or better when they played in the NBA Summer league?
    Not and it was a competitive game as it was phoenix bench their fighting for rotation minutes..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    Didnt see the game but good offensive showing for Kai. Yeah, that 3 looked good. Should do that more often. It seemed he was not overpowered by Landale. This is a good sign since Landale was an NBL Finals MVP IRC.
    Nope, Landale only scored 2 pts on him. Most of Landale's points are from other players who guarded him. Actually Kai outplayed Landale. He even have a steal on him.

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    I don't think a Euro team has beaten an NBA team too.

Randall and Franks both played in the NBA, Cleveland as well, so 36ers got some quality imports.
    Marami-rami na rin. I remember a Unicaja Malaga team defeated an NBA team so I named my fantasy team as Unicaja Malaga lol.

Kai played well today. No forced shots. The rebounding, staying power, and harder defense will come with 250lbs of muscle and more. He will be perfect for the disciplined style of the miami heat.

Once upon a time, there was another center with a boring and predictable style. He won 11 championshionships in 13 seasons. It was supposed to be 12 lord of the rings for him, but an ankle injury dropped him in one of the finals.

Here is how britannica described this player who was not even supposed to be in basketball:

"..while no behemoth, was tall enough to make his high school team on height alone. He was a marginal player until, while on a summer basketball tour he had been selected for as an afterthought, he realized that running and jumping could be used to mirror and counteract the flashy, creative scorers that routinely gave teams fits. It was a breakthrough that would change not only his life but, in the long term, basketball itself."

They called him bill russel.

Kai needs the kind of dedication, bordering on the fanatical, to live a five-day, 12-hour, gym-and-drill life for the next ten years. No shortcuts.
    Last edited by ccharmed; 10-03-2022 at 05:29 AM.

Damn, I wasn't aware that their pre-season game was today, lol. So basing off solely on the boxscore, with this performance against legit NBA talent, I guess that it's not too crazy to say that Kai should now be considered a Euroleague-level talent and that he should now be on the radar of middling-to-top ballclubs from the big leagues in Europe (ACB, VTB, Bundesliga, Italian, Turkish, French LNB). Or would it be too early due to a very miniscule sample size? Does he also need to post similar or better numbers on the next game for this claim to be validated? I mean even if it's only a pre-season game, it should still mean something.

The video of the game is in youtube/ snaptube

Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    Didnt see the game but good offensive showing for Kai. Yeah, that 3 looked good. Should do that more often. It seemed he was not overpowered by Landale. This is a good sign since Landale was an NBL Finals MVP IRC.
    If Kai (hopefully) makes the nba in 2023, 2024, 0r 2025. (No matter the year, doesnt matter to me now).

His Rim Protection ability and Strech the Floor activity will be key.

I still believe Kai can be a solid bench/role player nba big in the Future. In his prime.

Though, I am ready if he didnt meet that. He is already successful in context of an homegrown Filipino Player.

And will be a Main Gilas Player for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I hope mr. Kai Sotto hater Cocoy Martin watched that game.... But i'm sure he will diss Kai's 2 rebounds....... hahahhahahahahha
    He boxout well in this game though letting the guards take the rebounds.

Based on eye-test, Kai still looks lost sometimes. His spacing is still left wanting. Lets see how he will fare against OKC. I believe OKC will not take him for granted. If he showed he can still create the same impact he did in this game, then its safe to assume he can have a chance next year to enter the NBA.
    Last edited by PaVi; 10-03-2022 at 06:52 AM.

This game proves that Kai is not slow for the NBA.hahaha As always tama kami.haha NBA is way easier league for Kai because of the wider court and the NBA is too soft. Kai could wreak havoc if unleash and given right passes. Kai could easily do those Ayton rolls if ADL could only figure how to pass like what JC was doing with Gilas Kai.

Comment for ADL, they should stop doing that eyesore hard hedge with Kai. The ballhandler is a non threat but still they insist on it. It causes Kai losing his man with the PNR because of that hard hedge. It should be a soft hedge or drop cover for Kai.

Kai needs a bottom cellar team who premiums player dev over anything. This ADL team is a bad fit and the coach is also really not a fan of youngsters and a small ball lover.

If only Kai accepted pennies with NZ, he would at least be a first rounder. Kai is easily the best big in NZ last season. Sayang di natin makikita ang Chet vs Kai.hahaha

Kai is also just mere 20yr old. Casuals here were expecting that he would need to be a monster outright to be considered in the NBA. Marc Gasol was 23 when he played his first NBA game. Current Kai is already capable bench big in a bottom team like OKC.
    Last edited by PeeZones; 10-03-2022 at 06:19 AM.

Hope he can sustain this type of level in the next game. Obviously he was motivated for this game against an NBA team.

Who will Adelaide face next?

Quote Originally Posted by PaVi View Post
    Based on eye-test, Kai still looks lost sometimes. His spacing is still left wanting. Lets see how he will fare in Utah. I believe utah will not take him for granted. If he showed he can still create the same impact he did in this game, then its safe to assume he can have a chance next year to enter the NBA.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    Hope he can sustain this type of level in the next game. Obviously he was motivated for this game against an NBA team.

Who will Adelaide face next?
    OKC Thunder
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

<a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMaQAAyZ__?format=jpg&name=large target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMa...jpg&name=large</a>

Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    This game proves that Kai is not slow for the NBA.hahaha As always tama kami.haha NBA is way easier league for Kai because of the wider court and the NBA is too soft. Kai could wreak havoc if unleash and given right passes. Kai could easily do those Ayton rolls if ADL could only figure how to pass like what JC was doing with Gilas Kai.

Comment for ADL, they should stop doing that eyesore hard hedge with Kai. The ballhandler is a non threat but still they insist on it. It causes Kai losing his man with the PNR because of that hard hedge. It should be a soft hedge or drop cover for Kai.

Kai needs a bottom cellar team who premiums player dev over anything. This ADL team is a bad fit and the coach is also really not a fan of youngsters and a small ball lover.

If only Kai accepted pennies with NZ, he would at least be a first rounder. Kai is easily the best big in NZ last season. Sayang di natin makikita ang Chet vs Kai.hahaha

Kai is also just mere 20yr old. Casuals here were expecting that he would need to be a monster outright to be considered in the NBA. Marc Gasol was 23 when he played his first NBA game. Current Kai is already capable bench big in a bottom team like OKC.
    Overall, not a bad outing for Kai. It's good exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    OKC Thunder
    Sayang, Chet is injured, would love to see that match up..Guess we have to wait

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    The best homegrown Filipino game against an NBA team exhibition or Summer League?

Did J. Aguilar, Ravena or Parks Jr. manage to have the same stat line or better when they played in the NBA Summer league?
    Parks did good in SL but the Kings chose Sim Bhullar over him if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by amabeast View Post
    He boxout well in this game though letting the guards take the rebounds.
    His Aussie matchup only got like 1 or 2 rebs with Kai boxing out hard. Otherwise none of his guys got the rebound. Only losers think Kai didn't play well in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    OKC Thunder
    Yeah, i noticed. Thanks for the correction sir.

pahabol post.

I am happy that Kai get his shooting stroke going in an nba court.

especially in FT and 3 pts arc.

I think nba 3 is further than NBl 3.

4/4 FT.

Yeah. Hopefully he will sustain or even improve his performance from here.

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    Sayang, Chet is injured, would love to see that match up..Guess we have to wait
    they still have another chet who might actually be better: poku

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I hope mr. Kai Sotto hater Cocoy Martin watched that game.... But i'm sure he will diss Kai's 2 rebounds....... hahahhahahahahha
    Ayton and Landale had 6 rebounds each playing 22 minutes. Sotto had 2 rebounds in 18 minutes. Not bad for a kid with skinny frame.

Page 532 of 601 FirstFirst ... 32432482522530531532533534542582 ... LastLast