No announcement yet.

Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chet Holmgren has higher BBIQ than Kai, Walker Kessler is more mobile and has a better motor than Kai. Those two were first things I thought of when comparing two.

Comment

• For the last time, I am not disputing the results of the draft. What I'm saying is that Kai is on the same level as the other guys, and that saying the draft is representative of the NBA stamping their final decision when it comes to basketball talent is wrong, since teams sign UFAs all the time and not all draft picks work out. Don't ever tell me that I don't respect or accept the draft decision.

I am also over it, I don't dwell on losses that hard. I would've canceled my family vacation for 1 more day if I treated Kai's draft as more important than myself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
        Hey guys, we have to move on from this NBA Draft and accept the fact that kai’s undrafted.
        Reason being is that it’s almost senseless topic comparing him to chet, kessler, etc just to prove the point(of what?)

im hoping that he would decide for himself what’s the next move. (If nba is the goal)
        Correct. It’s done and dusted. Nothing we can do about it. Kai and his team has to move on and plot their next move.

Comment

• How else is it determined what level a prospect a player is ? if its' not the decisions of NBA staff in selecting a player for either a draft pick, free agent sign-up, invite to Combine , what else is there? it can't be on the basis of some urban sector legend opinion. Like some Korean anime fan club can't imagine in their heads that so and so player is a ninja with tales of 50 inch vertical with hawkeye persicion vision and shooting accuracy, C'mon walang ganoon na youbute hidden legend.. you either get the respect of NBA team staff or not . wala ng iba.. i don't care if the player has a fan club of a billion people

Comment

• Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
            For the last time, I am not disputing the results of the draft. What I'm saying is that Kai is on the same level as the other guys, and that saying the draft is representative of the NBA stamping their final decision when it comes to basketball talent is wrong, since teams sign UFAs all the time and not all draft picks work out. Don't ever tell me that I don't respect or accept the draft decision.

I am also over it, I don't dwell on losses that hard. I would've canceled my family vacation for 1 more day if I treated Kai's draft as more important than myself lol.
            you are correct that Kai is at the same level as the other draftees but if you are on an unknown market like our country you have to excel and not just being on the same level as others. one will never be noticed if you possess the same colors are your peers.

Comment

• Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
              I can still express my opinion even though things haven't gone the way I wanted it to. You just saw Cocoy Martin express his sentiments about the just-finished Philippine elections, I can at least say that people are overestimating Kessler's "switchability" on NBA defense.
              i have not mention anything to imply you shouldn't express anything. i replied because you said:

Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
              I'll just say this since people are blindly agreeing with the results even though the method of selection is (as referred to by many teams over a long period of time) a 'crapshoot'.
              i am just disagreeing on that. maybe some are blindly disagreeing, but not all. i havent even said anything for you to believe me as i am not like that. happy to disagree.
              WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
              SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• I agree. Kais family probably chose the route that maximized Kais earning and giving him an accelerated pathway to the NBA. What Im saying is Kai would have benefitted from a more methodical development via Europe or the NCAA. Maybe nasilaw ang family ni Kai with EWPs upfront cash. Trans: they got blinged.

I think this is a lesson to other Pinoys with the NBA dream. Nothing is free. Now with Bell frowning on summer league and 2 way contracts, its biting them in the ass. NCAA could have been good for Kai. He might not have been able to bring his family but I assume college boosters are very generous like here. It just required some sacrifice. A bit like the promdis of old sent their kids to Manila for college.

You cant eat your cake and have it too. Now all that upfront cash is requiring a return and it seems Kai and family dont like where EWP is taking them.

Comment

• Pinoys love shortcuts. In the end, it was detrimental to Kai.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rds View Post
                    I agree. Kais family probably chose the route that maximized Kais earning and giving him an accelerated pathway to the NBA. What Im saying is Kai would have benefitted from a more methodical development via Europe or the NCAA. Maybe nasilaw ang family ni Kai with EWPs upfront cash. Trans: they got blinged.

I think this is a lesson to other Pinoys with the NBA dream. Nothing is free. Now with Bell frowning on summer league and 2 way contracts, its biting them in the ass. NCAA could have been good for Kai. He might not have been able to bring his family but I assume college boosters are very generous like here. It just required some sacrifice. A bit like the promdis of old sent their kids to Manila for college.

You cant eat your cake and have it too. Now all that upfront cash is requiring a return and it seems Kai and family dont like where EWP is taking them.
                    Remember when people were calling moving away from Ignite as a good move and that Shaw is an idiot coach anyway with no coaching credentials and not caring about the repercussions? Well maybe he should have stayed for a few months just to honour the contract. I'm not saying signing up with Ignite is the correct move it's just that when you sign up and get paid maybe honour the commitment?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingkai
                      If the goal is to make it to the NBA, then Kai will do everything he can now. If family is more important to him he should follow EWP/joel's decision to play FIBA Asia Cup for him to feed his family haha

It's all about sacrifice really. How bad kai wants it? He can't have it all, at least for now when he's pursuing his dream.

You can hear some great stories in the recent draft on what they've sacrificed just to get there.

Poor Kai.. which path kiddo?

the safe and easy one for money, comfort and family - GILAS

or the toughest one - compete for SL roster spot without guaranteed contract and lose the opportunity of million pesos haha to get a two way contract offer
                      How much money does he need to feed his family? He's already guaranteed millions just because he's a 7-footer. And didn't he supposedly earned millions already?

Comment

• Originally posted by Liptong View Post
                        you are correct that Kai is at the same level as the other draftees but if you are on an unknown market like our country you have to excel and not just being on the same level as others. one will never be noticed if you possess the same colors are your peers.
                        Plus, you have to overcome the bias and misconception that Asians are lousy athletes. That black athletes are superior.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                          How much money does he need to feed his family? He's already guaranteed millions just because he's a 7-footer. And didn't he supposedly earned millions already?
                          another question, how much money has EWP spent on Kai? those trainings, dont come cheap, nd probably kai merch are not selling well to foot the bill, not to mention the Kaiju academy. Sucks that EWP wants an immediate return of investment, or do they even trust/believe that Kai will make it to the NBA hence the series of questionable decisions?

haist

Comment

• I guess this was posted already?
                            1.6M views, 31K likes, 5.2K loves, 4.3K comments, 3.3K shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Yeshkel Sports and Music: Ang SIMPLENG PALIWANAG kumbakit hindi nadraft si Kai Sotto! Dami nyo iniisip e eto...

Anyway his arguments make total sense

Comment

• Originally posted by kingkai
                              debt trap by yours truly - EWP/Joel

Sotto family has no choice, hawak ata sila sa liig hahaha..

I can tell Kai wants SL than FIBA Asia Cup. He's eager to get his feet wet against his draft class. Chip on his shoulder and he took it personally daw hahaha

Hard to navigate now, EWP heavily invested on him. They want their ROI na.

Summer League to get two way contract, nahhh says Joel they won't do that daw kasi NO COMMISSION for him and EWP

Kai's twitter which i believe is handled by EWP also, tweets joel mispoke.. He mispoke? Really.. nadulas kung baga. Also mentioning, Joel not interested in draft and stash.

Naku lagot na. For sure Kai is really pissed-off right now on EWP and joel. Kai wants to be in the NBA as his first priority second lang ang GILAS that is whenever he is free and have only the opportunity to represent.

Well,from the very start,we've seen this before,they're locked in tight with the contract that they signed with EWP,I still remember there were interviews and writeups,about the mom and family doesn't want to be left behind,and I think,one of the reasons Kai didnt get to play in Europe,since they only want him not his whole family.Well EWP and Bell somehow,have the money and the means to take the whole family to the US with only Kai as a breadwinner.The unschooled Pinoy fans thinks Kai can just ditch EWP and Bell and start thinking for himeself,they got another thing coming.

Comment

• We know from Kai's tweet, he wants to play in the summer league if invited
                                That should be end of story, let his wishes be granted . He's the one putting the effort and it's his dream, no one else (period)

Put yourself in Kai's shoes, you always dreamt of this , you're working your but off, then someone else tells you , you can't play. Isn't that frustrating?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information