Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
    Oh, yeah. Visca Barça! If Kai comes to Europe, go Barça!

Good thing they're doing well in the basketball department, because their football frankly sucks right now.
    Fan of their basketball team, but not their football team (yes, even during Messi's time). Chelsea FC all the way.

Lithuanian legend Sarunas Jasikevicius is now their basketball team's coach. Really nice to see players I used to watch back in the 00s now coach.

If Kai doesn't make the NBA cut, I hope he comes to Barça. It's the home of the Gasol Bros.
    GILAS WISHLIST:
    6'8 Pingris

Comment

Good thing they're doing well in the basketball department, because their football frankly sucks right now.
      Kai visited Barca practice facility before and has photo of it..
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
        Fan of their basketball team, but not their football team (yes, even during Messi's time). Chelsea FC all the way.

Lithuanian legend Sarunas Jasikevicius is now their basketball team's coach. Really nice to see players I used to watch back in the 00s now coach.

If Kai doesn't make the NBA cut, I hope he comes to Barça. It's the home of the Gasol Bros.
        Pau gasol will teach kai a thing or more..

Real Madrid aint bad as well.. His passing abilities suits in european game and some good shooters around..

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
          i see semblance of koko waves game to rudy fernandez..
          But Rudy is a good off-ball player. Kobe needs to learn such.

I know that it is already a bridge under the water but I can't help to think about Kai's supposed Euro journey. He could have gone through the process, properly had he accepted the offer in Spain.
          Attack
          defend
          Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
            Gilas-Asian All Stars vs Japan Rising Stars lol
            I can see Kiefer calling Tab Baldwin plays when they go All-Filipino.

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post

I know that it is already a bridge under the water but I can't help to think about Kai's supposed Euro journey. He could have gone through the process, properly had he accepted the offer in Spain.
              Kai frankly is kind of a better fit in Europe, and in Spain or Germany in perticular. Pace is a bit slower, and the game is more finesse. Plus, he could expand what he already has. Good feel for the game, good touch on his shot. He will learn to defend easier. He will be exposed to a lot of PnR, though, especially the Spain one.

Comment

Originally posted by IPC View Post
                Kai frankly is kind of a better fit in Europe, and in Spain or Germany in perticular. Pace is a bit slower, and the game is more finesse. Plus, he could expand what he already has. Good feel for the game, good touch on his shot. He will learn to defend easier. He will be exposed to a lot of PnR, though, especially the Spain one.
                baskonia aint bad team for kai if ever..

sigpic

Comment

• "Rome wasn't built in a day, as they love to say, and Kai sure as hell won't play in the NBA tomorrow. Or next year. "

One of the more accurate realist write ups

While we can never say never, if I was forced to make a projection. I would say Kai is 99 % unlikely to be drafted in the NBA next year.
                  Last edited by DAdmiral; 12-07-2021, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/kai-s...a2437-20211206

One of the more accurate realist write ups
                    What matters is that Kai makes it, not how long till he makes it or how he makes it.

Comment

• Originally posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
                      Real Madrid with Pablo Laso was extremely fun to watch. Ever since I got into European basketball, I couldn't stand how the game is being played in PBA no more, it's just cringy sometimes, the gap is so huge in terms of quality.

That's why Kai should avoid PBA as much as possible, if his NBA dream doesn't pan out he can always try his luck in Europe. It would benefit him and the Gilas program.
                      Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                      yeah, Kai can still strive for greatness. It may not be in the NBA but may be somewhere in Europe or he can try his luck in Latin Americas. Basketball is not all about NBA and/or PBA. That's false dichotomy.
                      As long as Kai doesn't end up in the PBA until his mid-30s, that's frankly a win.

NBA's the ideal outcome of course, but there are plenty of leagues out there if he doesn't make it. Even a third division European team is a good option. He'll play against height and/or athleticism at his position, and it will toughen him up, expose him, make him work. That's not something the PBA can offer all season.

Comment

• Having a 10 year NBL career is actually not bad at all.. (provided he is paid adequately )

with stints with FIBA Gilas and NBA summer league in the off season, would not be bad at all

then perhaps play in the PBA in his 30's
                        Last edited by DAdmiral; 12-07-2021, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Kinda like how Real Madrid CF was during the 2018/19 season where they were already down by more than 10 points already at this point of the season. Truly, that was a very atrocious season for a Real Madrid CF fan like me (sorry for the OT).

If ever Kai doesn't make to the NBA, I hope he gets signed by any of those top-tier European league clubs. I hope he goes to the mid-table clubs first for more PT, then move to the wealthy clubs when he's fully matured. After the European stint, back to the NBL as a marquee player for 3-5 more years. His 30's should see him plying his stuff in the CBA and B. League, also as a world import.

Comment

• Originally posted by KAIJU
                            The PBA is one of the oldest and most marketable basketball leagues in the world. It would be an honour of Kai to play in a prestigious league like the PBA.

Please don't insult the Kaiju by saying he is third division Europe level. We all know the PBA is a stronger quality league than that.
                            The PBA has quality, yes. However, it's the center competition I'm concerned about, especially considering that there are no imports for part of the season. After June Mar, Japeth, Mo, Greg, and Standhardinger, you have Erram, Almazan, Kelly, Beau, Quiñahan and Sangalang. After the latter group, however, there's a bit of a drop-off in terms of size and/or quality. It's the backups that are concerning. Kai might have a June Mar-like advantage on said backups. He won't improve if it's too easy. That's why imports with size are necessary in the PBA.

This reason is why I think anywhere in Europe, or the NBL, or even the B.League would be better for Kai than in the PBA. Better competition at his position.

Comment

The PBA has quality, yes. However, it's the center competition I'm concerned about, especially considering that there are no imports for part of the season. After June Mar, Japeth, Mo, Greg, and Standhardinger, you have Erram, Almazan, Kelly, Beau, Quiñahan and Sangalang. After the latter group, however, there's a bit of a drop-off in terms of size and/or quality. It's the backups that are concerning. Kai might have a June Mar-like advantage on said backups. He won't improve if it's too easy. That's why imports with size are necessary in the PBA.

This reason is why I think anywhere in Europe, or the NBL, or even the B.League would be better for Kai than in the PBA. Better competition at his position.
                              Even the Taiwan Leagues (P.League+ and T1 League) can give Kai more challenge than in PBA since the he will be up against imports. (P+ has Deguara, Bhullar, Zaytsev while T1 has Kupsas, Diamond Stone, Early Cleanthony).
                              Attack
                              defend
                              Unite

Comment

so far, outside Kai, only Tamayo and Baltazar are worthy enough to reach either KBL or NBL. both young fellas have the length and the necessary skills to make an impression before scouts in South Korea and Australia.
                                I'll put this here, for foreign leagues in general.

Actually, yeah. Both Tamayo and Baltazar are forwards who are fit for Korean basketball, being 6'7"-6'8" forwards who can play the perimeter, shoot, attack. The twist is that they can play the post when they get slotted at the 4, which might bring a new dimension to any Korean teams that sign them. That post aspect probably makes them fit for NBL. And Tamayo's not afraid of banging inside. He'll do good in the NBL.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information