No announcement yet.

Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so nathan sobey was a 36ers when d incident happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
      so nathan sobey was a 36ers when d incident happened?
      Ah yes.
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by carmelo7 View Post
        You read about good stuffs like these then you realized that in our very own PBA, they set restrictions as to how many "Fil-foreigners" can play per team wtf����
        True, like what tab said basketball is already successful locally that we have stopped trying to improve (somewhere along that line). In context with the PBA, as long as they are cashing in the money, who cares about changing archaic rules lol

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
          Here is the thing , what Kai has accomplished.
          1st homegrown to be selected into ignite G league
          1st homegrown that was offered NBL contract .

Is still unprecedented, that's another way of looking at it.
          And he's barely 19 yrs old
          Yup. I think this surpasses all our other Homegrown Players All Time.

The only one who can argue is Caloy Loyzaga which brought us a Bronze Medal in Olympics. But you know the era of his time

As Sir dadmiral said.

First Honegrown Filipino to be an Ignite member
          First Homegrown Filipino who are Offered By NBL Australia

I may add:

First Homegrown Filipino who have multiple offers and visits from US NCAA Div 1 schools
          First Homegrown Filipino who are offered by Russia
          First Homegrown Filipino Who are offered by Europe Teams (WHEN HE WAS 16!!!!!)

And in the near future, First Homegrown Filipino Nba Player (LOOKS LIKE CONSENSUS NA TAYO DITO even Sir Dadmiral)

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post

The only one who can argue is Caloy Loyzaga which brought us a Bronze Medal in Olympics. But you know the era of his time

As Sir dadmiral said.

I may add:

First Homegrown Filipino who have multiple offers and visits from US NCAA Div 1 schools

And in the near future, First Homegrown Filipino Nba Player (LOOKS LIKE CONSENSUS NA TAYO DITO even Sir Dadmiral)
            there are only two things that really matter later on - first homegrown Filipino to play in the NBL and first also in the NBA

Comment

• Originally posted by spidey102279
              Not overhyping Kai, but If you see the new clip where Kai has an alley-oop dunk over Balti, you can really see that he's level is already above our local players, It's like when Jordan Clarkson played for us in the Asian Games where you can see that he on different level.

It's like parang "minamani" nya na lang ang basketball here. That's what training in the USA will do to our players. I remembered when Kiefer played for Mighty Sports straight from his training in USA against Jimmer Freddet lead Chinese team, he went toe to toe with him. I think that is the most I see Kiefer conditioned. Even his physique was great that time. Too bad he then regressed after that.

Now that Kobe Paras is training in the USA, I think when he comeback again to play here, he will really improve just like Kiefer. It's just a bummer that after they reach that level, when they returned here, they become stagnant again. As if they forgot all of what they learned in the training.

ravena regressed after he stopped his vitamins...

Comment

• "This litany of big men has created a tradition in that league and the league does play well to the big man's game. It hasn't completely gone the way that a lot of basketball has. The big men in Australia still feature in their play"

[/https://www.facebook.com/664518660236917/posts/4404392422916170/?d=n

Seems NBL is a league where Kai can thrive

Comment

• Originally posted by carmelo7 View Post
                  You read about good stuffs like these then you realized that in our very own PBA, they set restrictions as to how many "Fil-foreigners" can play per team wtf😅🤣
                  In their eyes more Fil-foreigners means displacing locals. Same reasoning why they ban foreigners in the NCAA.

Comment

• I am one of the biggest believer of Kai here. Maybe 3rd behind Sir Peezones and Astigram.

But, even I is not expecting a 20-20 stat from kai. Actually even 20 and 10 is very hard. (IF HE DOES, HE IS A SURE FIRE LOTTERY PICK. I SAID WHAT I SAID IF HE AVERAGES THAT IN NBL)

Kai is Playing with/behind Johnson and Humphries. But The mere fact that the 2 Bigs are their main scorers means their team playstyle leans more on Bigs (OPPOSITE OF IGNITE WHICH IS GUARD HEAVY)

FOR REFERENCE (BALL AND HAMPTON NBL STATS)

Lamelo Ball - 17 pts, 7 rebs, 7 ast (Drafted in Nba 3rd Overall)

RJ Hampton - 8.8 pts, 3.9 rebs, 2.4 ast ( Drafted in Nba 24th overall)

So, You don't need EXCELLENT SPECTACULAR NBL STATS TO BE DRAFTED IN NBA.

Comment

Not overhyping Kai, but If you see the new clip where Kai has an alley-oop dunk over Balti, you can really see that he's level is already above our local players, It's like when Jordan Clarkson played for us in the Asian Games where you can clearly see that he is on a different level.

It's like parang "minamani" nya na lang ang basketball here. That's what training in the USA will do to our players. I remembered when Kiefer played for Mighty Sports straight from his training in USA against Jimmer Freddet lead Chinese team, he went toe to toe with him. I think that is the most I see Kiefer conditioned. Even his physique was great that time. Too bad he then regressed after that.

Now that Kobe Paras is training in the USA, I think when he comeback again to play here, he will really improve just like Kiefer. It's just a bummer that after they reach that level, when they returned here, they become stagnant again. As if they forgot all of what they learned in the training.

The same with Ray Parks Jr, he was physically fit and playing well after coming home from d-league and is now out of shape. too much distraction and not enough proper training in the PBA (conditioning coach, nutritionist, level of opposition etc)

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post

As Sir dadmiral said.

I may add:

Really?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
                          Really?
                          Stand Corrected.

He have 1 official offer from US NCAA.

As for Russia. It was mentioned by his new agent that they chose NBL Australia over Russia

Comment

• isn’t jackie forster aussie anyway?

The nbl has been killing it when their recent nba exports.
                            Melo and Rj have been delivering.
                            Jae-sean tate has been all rookie caliber as well

Comment

Yup. also when Japeth came here from US too.
                              Why is that so? Is it because PBA teams can't properly train young players compared to a few years in the US (Japeth's stint with the 2009 FIBA Asia team comes to mind where he was useful to Guiao at just 22) or Pinoy fans just have this wrong mindset that 24-year old rookies need more time to develop? I don't think we need to remind anyone about the 2014 FIBA U17's where 4-year NBA players and PBA rookies are of the same age. Sotto will only be 21 when we host the World Cup. Think about it, he'll still be a prospect even by PBA standards so I find it hard to believe he goes to the NBL to play 30 minutes a game right away and gets drafted to the NBA next year even if he's better than Junmar right now. That U18 Aussie team that beat our U18's with Sotto, AJ Edu, Panopio, and Dave Ildefondo by 34 has an entire starting five of players who are more pro-ready than Sotto as role players. Sam Froling pa lang, baka taob na si Kai, the rest have more games in playing starter minutes in the US NCAA div 1. punyeta, even Princepal Singh has more experience than Sotto today.

Comment

• Nba Draft 2022 BIGS ESPN mock Draft

1. Paulo Banchero

2. Chet Holmgren

4. Unicaja Malaga

5. Jabari Smith

27. Mark Willams

30. Khalifa Diop

31. Drew Timme

45. Trayce Jackson Davis

46. Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua

47. Azuolas Tubelis

48. Ismael Kamagete

55. Ossun Osiniyi

KAI IS NOT YET THERE. I am sure he will be when NBL starts.

But 2022 Draft have a lot of Bigs. I only Included C and FC. I didn't Include PF yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information