Page 229 of 229 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229
Results 4,561 to 4,568 of 4568

Thread: Kai Sotto's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    Yessir. That's the first thing that came to my mind when i heard that. Hehe
    You dont have to be vindicated.. it ganun naman talaga..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Kai's low ranking isn't surprising. These draft writers rarely check prospects unless you would create a buzz in the US. With mere common sense and sound analysis, you could conclude that these writer's check around 150-100 prospect each year. Most of them just rely on consensus mock drafts and buzz around a player. They dont really religiously observe each player and they dont bother to check most of them. Most players not in the US would ONLY be included in the actual draft year because REAL INTEREST from NBA teams would be obvious in the grapevine. Giddey, Porzingis, Sengun and others didnt have monstrous stat prior to draft night but real NBA scouts think that their game would translate in the NBA.

Kai currently is bound to be at least top 3 if not the best big of 2022. He is molding to be a more offensive minded Gobert with issues in stamina. The questions about his laterals and defense were out of the window these days. Also, the uncertainty that he cant withstand banging against NBL bigs had been proven wrong. Ratliffe, Bobi, Prosper and Domrep bulky big were way bigger than most NBL bigs. The heaviest C in NBL is Nathan Jawaii and he was just similar to Domrep Jonathan Araujo.

Adelaide has been tinkering their roster to really suit Kai. Currently, they only have 3 bigs and Kai could play both position really well. It is also great for Kai that his teammates were all mature and team's objective would be winning and not like with ignite that players tend to outshine each other. I expect the coach to really use Kai for at least 15-25 minutes and his teammates would love playing with him. Kai is a very good screener and passer. He also read plays on a high level.

Kai's draft stock would significantly change next year after his NBL stint. All draft writer's didn't really bother to check our OQT games.lol After seeing Chet being mediocre and sometimes struggle against his U19 competition, you can't really hold yourself but feel excited about Kai's chances for next year. It also helped that Bigs were flourishing this year in the NBA. The whole world didn't follow the GSW blueprint and that GSW model has been history now with the leaving of Durant. EUROLEAGUE and NBL were still the same and I expect the US to follow soon with how they will use their bigs eventually.
    Last edited by PeeZones; Today at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    this is OT, but a very interesting aspect of the NBL salary cap

A marquee player must be an Australian or New Zealander and a club can have a maximum of four of these players. That being said, teams are only allowed a total of four marquee and restricted (import) players combined. Interesting clause, the rules incentivse signing a good local player instead of an import Of course, to this point teams have not tended to go for a third or fourth Marquee guy as that would mean they’d have either one or zero imports.

Two? Well yeah, that happens.

so the NBL salary cap system actually makes teams not rely on imports. and financially it can pay the best local stars more than imports

The Breakers this season signed a bano / developing player as an import. (someone who might not even get minutes) , why? to save the money and cap space on signinng the best locals so they don't play overseas

magine that , the PBA can learn something from that, instead of paying a super import , give the money to a super local star like Kiefer or Parks .. it's actually smart

how insane is that , the PBA is willing to pay imports whatever, but is not willing to pay it's local stars what they can get in Japan , Kalokohan

Can Parks say , can you please pay me like an import per month LOL
    The PBA league knows some pba/ibn fans still love super import to dominate in scoring.
    To the point that they would prefer np who needs to be scorer.
    https://logosrated.net/wp-content/uploads/parser/Mapua-Institute-of-Technology-Logo-1.png

Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    Kai's low ranking isn't surprising. These draft writers rarely check prospects unless you would create a buzz in the US. With mere common sense and sound analysis, you could conclude that these writer's check around 150-100 prospect each year. Most of them just rely on consensus mock drafts and buzz around a player. They dont really religiously observe each player and they dont bother to check most of them. Most players not in the US would ONLY be included in the actual draft year because REAL INTEREST from NBA teams would be obvious in the grapevine. Giddey, Porzingis, Sengun and others didnt have monstrous stat prior to draft night but real NBA scouts think that their game would translate in the NBA.

Kai currently is bound to be at least top 3 if not the best big of 2022. He is molding to be a more offensive minded Gobert with issues in stamina. The questions about his laterals and defense were out of the window these days. Also, the uncertainty that he cant withstand banging against NBL bigs had been proven wrong. Ratliffe, Bobi, Prosper and Domrep bulky big were way bigger than most NBL bigs. The heaviest C in NBL is Nathan Jawaii and he was just similar to Domrep Jonathan Araujo.

Adelaide has been tinkering their roster to really suit Kai. Currently, they only have 3 bigs and Kai could play both position really well. It is also great for Kai that his teammates were all mature and team's objective would be winning and not like with ignite that players tend to outshine each other. I expect the coach to really use Kai for at least 15-25 minutes and his teammates would love playing with him. Kai is a very good screener and passer. He also read plays on a high level.

Kai's draft stock would significantly change next year after his NBL stint. All draft writer's didn't really bother to check our OQT games.lol After seeing Chet being mediocre and sometimes struggle against his U19 competition, you can't really hold yourself but feel excited about Kai's chances for next year. It also helped that Bigs were flourishing this year in the NBA. The whole world didn't follow the GSW blueprint and that GSW model has been history now with the leaving of Durant. EUROLEAGUE and NBL were still the same and I expect the US to follow soon with how they will use their bigs eventually.
    Chet was declared the MVP of the recent U19 WC. Solidifying him for now as #1 pick of his Draft Class. Why is he mediocre?

talangka spotted pilit hinihila pababa si mr holmgrem para lang iakyat si mr sotto. ano ba napatunayan ni mr sotto besydes getting owned by low class indonesia and not mentioning yung 3/13 FG and -20 efficiency rating against serbia?
    Di kami uto2x Tab is just selfish. He wants to push his own agenda always. Tab was just lucky today. Pasalamat si Tab kay Kai!

I dont have time to argue with feeble minded retards who cant even formulate their own views and who needs backing of groupies just to insist their comments!hahaha Cant even comprehend and read properly the contents of my post. The main subject was always ABOUT KAI'S SKILLSET while they insist I was always comparing players and achievements.

Stick with your idiocy and adding me up in your GC just revealed your identities!lol I dont need anyone to confirm what I believe and I dont need any comment from any mock writer to vindicate my claims.hahaha

Ride that Chet Holgrem hype for he will fall hard in your faces.hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    You dont have to be vindicated.. it ganun naman talaga..
    I beg to differ sir reamily...there were a lot of people who said the scouts and coaches knew what they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoyg View Post
    Chet was declared the MVP of the recent U19 WC. Solidifying him for now as #1 pick of his Draft Class. Why is he mediocre?
    I don't agree with the sentiment that Chet is mediocre, but I only think he got MVP because he's the most prolific player in the team. I said before that I thought Lofton was better, and that many people think Wembanyama is better than him (not Pinoys).

A big part of why I don't think the Chet hype is all that, is because the only 7 ft with excellent mobility that prospered after KD was Giannis. Everyone else was a bust, and we haven't seen Chet bang bodies against much bigger men at all, which was used as a slight against Kai (but surprisingly not against Chet).

Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    I beg to differ sir reamily...there were a lot of people who said the scouts and coaches knew what they were doing.

I don't agree with the sentiment that Chet is mediocre, but I only think he got MVP because he's the most prolific player in the team. I said before that I thought Lofton was better, and that many people think Wembanyama is better than him (not Pinoys).

A big part of why I don't think the Chet hype is all that, is because the only 7 ft with excellent mobility that prospered after KD was Giannis. Everyone else was a bust, and we haven't seen Chet bang bodies against much bigger men at all, which was used as a slight against Kai (but surprisingly not against Chet).
    Chet's performance was mediocre and not equal the HYPE surrounding him. 17yr old Kai and Victor had almost the same statline.hahaha Givony even admitted he didnt deserve that MVP. That frail frame and KD wannabe gameplay for bigs has never prospered in the NBA. He was way weaker than Bolbol and I didnt expect that he would be slow like most PF/C. I was expecting he would be as agile and explosive like KD. With very weak frame and average speed, it would be hard to imagine him even excelling in the Gleague. It would take him a lot of years to be NBA ready and with a constant hoard of Euro stretch 4s every year with the same skillset with much better physique, the interest in him might fizzle out. Belgica, Saric, Kleber, Markannen and the likes would be way better than Chet and Chet will never be a functional SF.haha

I also wont bank on him bulking up because that might slow him more and his very frail ankles and legs doesn't seem ready to accommodate more weight. This is not degrading Chet but I just state on what I saw last u19.
    Last edited by PeeZones; Today at 03:26 PM.

Page 229 of 229 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229