Page 361 of 530 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,220 of 10585

Thread: Kai Sotto's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    The post game will be developed as Kai gets stronger and he gets his touch back, hopefully. He can be a main option for Gilas operating as a post guy or as a rim runner. But right now, he did better in putbacks, PnR, and driving from the high post, even in Gilas.

But yes, I hope he does get more touches so he can establish his threat, especially with Gilas. With Adelaide and elsewhere, just run the rim, be there for the dunk, and rebound. That's the efficient way for him right now, and a great way to impact the game. If he dunks off a lob, a drop-off, or a putback, that's a hell of an energizer.

And like I said earlier, it helps that he has space to run to the basket, thanks to good spacing. Less threats to guard him once he gets to the rim off the PnR.
    Yep. I guess little by little, Kai will get the trust of his teammates in pnr. Right now, the only player who are passing to him is Mitch. Literally all assisted baskets by Kai this season so far came from Mitch.

I hope Mitch and Kai's connection will be better as game goes by.

I hope Kai will get passes even only in drop offs, pnr roll, or alley hoops. (Btw, Adelaide guards looks like not used to lobbing the ball to their bigs,but I hope they can and would)

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Yep. I guess little by little, Kai will get the trust of his teammates in pnr. Right now, the only player who are passing to him is Mitch. Literally all assisted baskets by Kai this season so far came from Mitch.

I hope Mitch and Kai's connection will be better as game goes by.

I hope Kai will get passes even only in drop offs, pnr roll, or alley hoops. (Btw, Adelaide guards looks like not used to lobbing the ball to their bigs,but I hope they can and would)
    yeah, mitch mccarron, the boomer.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    Just to add with the Hukporti debate he will never develop an outside shot especially in 3points and I won't bank on him shooting midrange jumpers. Also, ball-handling skills would always be limited hence the very limited upside.haha Too many of his size and same offerings. He is an old-school big and hustle player. Ordinary and too many, unless he will be an elite defender but he can't even stop Kai on that putback dunk.lol Paano na si Hukporti impossible maging modern BIG and magka3points?hahaha sobrang important pa naman yan sa iba.hehe

Kai's target is to be an NBA ALLSTAR and best of ASIA.haha He has proven it for his age bracket by winning u16 asia-oceana MVP. He will grind for that NBA all-star but you are all free to be naysayers it is a free world after all.
    Somebody screenshot this for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Dami ko ng screenshot dito.lol It is either I'll hit the lottery or fail miserably.lol haven't changed tune since Kai was 15 when he was u16 MVP. FYI that NBA ALLSTAR target was mentioned by Kai himself. I set the bar too high for Kai.lol If you don't share the same it is a free world.

lakas ninyung manghimud at manghype ng prospect ng ibang countries.lol pero pagsi Kai dapat LEBRON LEVEL performance as a 19yr old.haha Hukporti walang 3points impossible maging modern big.lol
    Last edited by PeeZones; 01-23-2022 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    well, then count me out there. i have regard with zhou qi's game. i wish kai would end up like zhou qi but let's see.
    Agree, I think Zhou Qi's is not in the NBA because he lacks the strength, the same weakness we are seeing in Kai. Realistically in what Kai is showing he is in pace to be as good as Zhou Qi in 4 to 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Lun View Post
    Agree, I think Zhou Qi's is not in the NBA because he lacks the strength, the same weakness we are seeing in Kai. Realistically in what Kai is showing he is in pace to be as good as Zhou Qi in 4 to 5 years.
    20 y.o Zhao was already starting for the Chinese Senior NT that already featured Yi and Wang Zhelin in the frontcourt. His strong showing from 2015 to 2016 allowed him to be signed by Houston in the 2017 season when he was 21 y.o.

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    i've seen worse here at IBN, Japeth in Bosh's level or Durant being ceiling, Kobe Paras better than Lonzo Ball and similar to Luka, the ABL surpassing the PBA etc... best course of action is just let them say whatever makes them sleep at night or just take it with a grain of salt,

6 pts 8 rebs in 16 minutes of playing time, shows improvements in handling tough defense with that dunk while being double teamed, honestly Kai is showing glimpses of being a double double machine. I don't know if Kai would develop to be a playmaker or a perimeter scorer but the part of his game that capitalizes on being the tallest player on the court is definitely being maximized(rebounding and inside scoring).

Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    Just to add with the Hukporti debate he will never develop an outside shot especially in 3points and I won't bank on him shooting midrange jumpers. Also, ball-handling skills would always be limited hence the very limited upside.haha Too many of his size and same offerings. He is an old-school big and hustle player. Ordinary and too many, unless he will be an elite defender but he can't even stop Kai on that putback dunk.lol Paano na si Hukporti impossible maging modern BIG and magka3points?hahaha sobrang important pa naman yan sa iba.hehe

Kai's target is to be an NBA ALLSTAR and best of ASIA.haha He has proven it for his age bracket by winning u16 asia-oceana MVP. He will grind for that NBA all-star but you are all free to be naysayers it is a free world after all.
    There is NO Ariel debate
    No one but you is picking on Ariel with the intent to compare to Kai.
    Like no one seriously compares Chet to Kai

You're an isolated repetitive noise unreasonably mentioning other players . Which is really No relevance to Kai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    20 y.o Zhao was already starting for the Chinese Senior NT that already featured Yi and Wang Zhelin in the frontcourt. His strong showing from 2015 to 2016 allowed him to be signed by Houston in the 2017 season when he was 21 y.o.
    Zhou was a beast when he was 21 yrs old, but he stagnated and never got that strength needed to stay in the NBA, I think that's the biggest red flag in Kai's game, at 19 years old, (turning 20 in 4 months and training in the past 2 years in the US), he should be full of energy at this point and yet it's still his weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Lun View Post
    Zhou was a beast when he was 21 yrs old, but he stagnated and never got that strength needed to stay in the NBA, I think that's the biggest red flag in Kai's game, at 19 years old, (turning 20 in 4 months and training in the past 2 years in the US), he should be full of energy at this point and yet it's still his weakness
    Spot on, people talk about his supposed upside. But what people don't realize is those making drafts and assessments have based Kai's lack of upside based on his exact age (turning 20 in 3 months) relative to the 2 years pro exposure
    Reality is many are not too positive about Kai's upside .
    It's context of course he will only get better for the NBL and Gilas .
    But as a NBA draft prospect. Nope even in terms upside he rates poorly.

BTW prior to Ignite his NBA upside was high. Unfortunately the last 2 years revealed another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    A 19-year-old center Zhou Qi had 16 points and 14 rebounds in China's won over Gilas on 2015 FIBA Asia tournament. He was the one tasked to defend naturalized player Andray Blatche..

come to think of it, if this was 10 years ago or if they did not change the system, Kai will definitely be an all star, peenoise would probably spam vote the online voting to get Kai in like Zaza Pachulia almost starting an all star game, and Yao staring in 2003 (lets be honest, he didn't deserve to start the all star game during his rookie season). Luckily they changed the system to 50% fan vote, 25% media vote and 25% players vote.

If ever Kai makes the nba all star game, it will be based on merit.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Spot on, people talk about his supposed upside. But what people don't realize is those making drafts and assessments have based Kai's lack of upside based on his exact age (turning 20 in 3 months) relative to the 2 years pro exposure
    Reality is many are not too positive about Kai's upside .
    It's context of course he will only get better for the NBL and Gilas .
    But as a NBA draft prospect. Nope even in terms upside he rates poorly.

BTW prior to Ignite his NBA upside was high. Unfortunately the last 2 years revealed another story.
    But you seem kinda confident in terms of undrafted FA signing, 10-day, or two-way, correct?

I get the rationale for the age and upside, though. The younger you are, the more room you have to grow. When you're in your prime, you are what you are.

Either way, if Kai ends up staying in the NBL by say, age 27, I'll take that as a win. That means, he's successfully established a career overseas at that point.

Yes I think Kai will be given an NBA FA call up eventually. Regardless of how long it takes.

The thing with the draft , it's not just about one playes potential like Kai , which he definitely has. But it is relative to everyone else in the world , reality is draft pick average age in 19 and under. Kai will be 20 with 2 years pro experience . If you wonder why even the best Div 1 players who are juniors and seniors are not generally ranked high despite having superior stars to freshmen. It's exactly because of upside. Teams rate a player relative to the experience benefit they had. Unfortunately Kai given his opportunities and age upside is not viewed positively.
    It was totally different pre Ignite

Yes I think Kai will be given an NBA FA call up eventually. Regardless of how long it takes.

The thing with the draft , it's not just about one playes potential like Kai , which he definitely has. But it is relative to everyone else in the world , reality is draft pick average age in 19 and under. Kai will be 20 with 2 years pro experience . If you wonder why even the best Div 1 players who are juniors and seniors are not generally ranked high despite having superior stars to freshmen. It's exactly because of upside. Teams rate a player relative to the experience benefit they had. Unfortunately Kai given his opportunities and age upside is not viewed positively.
    case of point: Jalen Brunson, 2018 2nd round pick, 33rd pick overall , accomplishments include:2 time NCAA champion, Consensus national college player of the year (2018), Bob Cousy Award (2018), Consensus first-team All-American (2018), FIBA Under-19 World Cup MVP (2015), among others. He was drafted when he was 22 years old, played 3 years in college

As long as he makes it, good enough for me. Doesn't matter how long, only that he does.

Your second paragraph is really gonna trigger other forumers, though.

Sam Froling still owns Kai, wlecomed Kai with an in your face slam

So Kai is now part of the bigmen rotation of the 36ers..

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    So Kai is now part of the bigmen rotation of the 36ers..
    because humphries is injured
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

<a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMaQAAyZ__?format=jpg&name=large target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMa...jpg&name=large</a>

Page 361 of 530 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461 ... LastLast