Page 265 of 279 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 5572

Thread: Kai Sotto's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    With the signing of the two Chinese bigs in the NBL,one would think the Chinese is either going to test Kai or try to embarass him.

Why would we worry with that? to put it into perspective Zhou is already 25, NBA first rounder Giannis wasnt an entity against unknown PBA players. I like Kai's chances with Zhou because he isnt so heavy and muscular. We all know Kai can easily dominate Chuanxing. Zhou wont be anyway better than Boban. Kai will be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    I guess . Kai is more in demand than Next star Lamelo and Giddey, when one believes he's greater than Duncan and Pozingis.
    Yes Tama naman, if that's how highly one thinks of Kai
    Skilled and greater isnt the same. It is now obvious you were so wrong and was fabricating lies here just to degrade Kai. You were always twisting things and giving your OWN FALSE OPINIONS which was trashed by legit news report and interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    who said he is greater than Duncan and Porzingis? More skilled doesn't mean they are greater. You don't know shit about bball. There are more skilled dunkers than Carter but that doesnt mean they are greater. The proffesor is more skilled on handling the ball but that doesnt mean he is greater than kyrie or iverson. smh
    Hehe kala nya pag more skilled, better na agad. Not the sharpest one tho he always poses as one
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

With the signing of the two Chinese bigs in the NBL,one would think the Chinese is either going to test Kai or try to embarass him.
    One could also think Kai would try do the same. After all, he already did to one
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Trae Yong View Post
    kahit 100% pa iyan eh wala naman talagang skills
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    haha para palang si taguro.
    tinancha lang kasi niya yung kakayahan ni prosper. pag 80% na kakayahan lalabas na yung pagka ambidextrous nia di na sya mapapalpal nun.

kai "da kaiju" sotto skill level breakdown:

20%- Pang Indonesia
    50% - Pang AQT/OQT (0% fg mejo d na tancha ni mr sotto ung level ng kompetition)
    70% - Duncan level (lalabas nia sa NBL nian)
    80% - Ambidextrous skills magagamit sa NBA
    100% - jokic + porzingis + duncan combine skill level (unlock pag 25 years old mahina pa kasi katawan ngyn)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    Di kami uto2x Tab is just selfish. He wants to push his own agenda always. Tab was just lucky today. Pasalamat si Tab kay Kai! It is obvious Givony and Draftexpress have their own agenda dismissing Kai.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    haha para palang si taguro.
    naki troll na rin. kaisa isang nagreply sa trolls. kawawa naman alternick nyo wala pumapansin kaya nireplayan nyo na lang.
    Last edited by spidey102279; 09-11-2021 at 07:50 AM.

I dont think they think like crabs. Only people like you will bring somebody else down, crab mentality at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    naki troll na rin. kaisa isang nagreply sa trolls. kawawa naman alternick nyo wala pumapansin kaya nireplayan nyo na lang.
    Apparently, that man who fancies himself as a digital Superman is nothing but a digital supertroll
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Apparently, that man who fancies himself as a digital Superman is nothing but a digital supertroll
    Yep supertroll with a rudimentary understanding of basketball who throws hissy fits when called out haha

https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/n...i-sotto/219009

"Early this year, CJ Bruton was part of Brisbane as an assistant coach. And he had one Asian player on his list that he wanted the Bullets to get as their Special Restricted Player in Kai Sotto."
    ― H.L. Mencken

Another interesting piece here

https://pickandroll.com.au/p/he-shou...-game-changers

Remy Martin who was, at the time of writing, still making the mock drafts was listed here as among candidates for the Special Restricted player slot. I thought players making the mock drafts are Next Stars? It seems that regardless of projections, one coming from one of the select Asian countries are signed as SRP. No has to be assessed by the league here first requirement, it seems. The only technicality i see possible here is Remy Martin being born in the states to US citizen parents.

Another one mentioned here is Yuta Watanabe who's already torching the G League at the time of writing. Was he not qualified as a next star? I think he is but then, in the understanding of the writer at least, if one's from one of the select asian countries, he's signed as an SRP regardless
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Another interesting piece here

https://pickandroll.com.au/p/he-shou...-game-changers

Remy Martin who was, at the time of writing, still making the mock drafts was listed here as among candidates for the Special Restricted player slot. I thought players making the mock drafts are Next Stars? It seems that regardless of projections, one coming from one of the select Asian countries are signed as SRP. No has to be assessed by the league here first requirement, it seems. The only technicality i see possible here is Remy Martin being born in the states to US citizen parents.

Another one mentioned here is Yuta Watanabe who's already torching the G League at the time of writing. Was he not qualified as a next star? I think he is but then, in the understanding of the writer at least, if one's from one of the select asian countries, he's signed as an SRP regardless
    Watanabe no longer qualifies for Next Star at the time of writing because he already was under a two-way contract with the Memphis Grizzlies. Nba player na sya nun, playing for G league mostly but has had some regular season games with Memphis.

At a team perspective, it is really logical to put your Asian recruit on the SRP slot, regardless of his caliber. That way you have the Next Star still available wherein you could sign someone regardless of nationality. Imagine signing Kai as a Next Star. You are now restricted to an Asian if you want to add another reinforcement using the SRP. Of course the team could always sign non-Asians but they would count as an open import. Hence, a waste of the SRP slot.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Watanabe no longer qualifies for Next Star at the time of writing because he already was under a two-way contract with the Memphis Grizzlies. Nba player na sya nun, playing for G league mostly but has had some regular season games with Memphis.

At a team perspective, it is really logical to put your Asian recruit on the SRP slot, regardless of his caliber. That way you have the Next Star still available wherein you could sign someone regardless of nationality. Imagine signing Kai as a Next Star. You are now restricted to an Asian if you want to add another reinforcement using the SRP. Of course the team could always sign non-Asians but they would count as an open import. Hence, a waste of the SRP slot.
    Well, you are probably right, Watanabe no longer qualifies as a next star but yeah the point being, aside from it makes more sense for teams to sign select Asians as SRPs, these write ups, and the actual sign ups suggest that players coming from these select Asian countries automatically qualify for the SRP slot, nothing suggests of a has to go under that evaluation by the league first, except for the papers that prove citizenship, I suppose.
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    Why would we worry with that? to put it into perspective Zhou is already 25, NBA first rounder Giannis wasnt an entity against unknown PBA players. I like Kai's chances with Zhou because he isnt so heavy and muscular. We all know Kai can easily dominate Chuanxing. Zhou wont be anyway better than Boban. Kai will be okay.

Basically,I see this as an early test against the Chinese bigs,Kai might play a little harder than usual for pride and to show he's the best big local man of Asia.

1st of all a well known young prospect like Kai will be sought by the NBL to join the next star program, especially if he was already recruited by the rival program G -leaque select-Ignite

Anyone is free not to believe , that many teams , Breakers, Brisbane , Sydney, Adelaide did not inquire to secure Kai as a next star player and inquire with the league that they use league money to sign him , who wouldn't pursue this. Especially when at the time.of inquirey a next star player had not yet been signed for the team. I literally have these conversations on record and now that CJ has already joined 36ers , he in private conversations confirms these discussions happened (some here part of a group chat have sent it)
    So it's fact that he was sought to be a next star player and when brought to the league office consideration was not classified as.one. (obviously it's to the league benefit to secure Kai ). The thing people are missing it wasn't only the 36ers who were after Kai and had the sole decision to sign and recruit him.. all others tram could compete for his services as well and would be foolish to think none of them explored using the next star sign up on him, not exploring that option would be negligence for teams competing to secure him.
    Of course we know the 36ers beat them to it and used the SRP on him, which is really smart. , that doesn't mean however that no team and the league itself did not try to get him as a next star player.

2nd thing u have to note, ALL players under contract including SRP have to be assessed by contract review committee for approval. This is a required step to assign a player value , to determine if a team can confirm the signing .
    Example of this are Zhou , a marquee player, Phoenix was one of only teams that has a.slot left for a marquee player.
    Another example Besson, as import , committee has disallowed signing as Breakers have 4 marquee players already.
    The same process was required for 36ers signing Kai.

Note this not a review of pay , (which is not counted ), but review if a player value is not marquee player

It kinda frustrates me how the Adelaide 36ers prevented Kai from playing for Gilas in the 2021 King Abdullah Cup (late July to early August) dahil mag uumpisa na raw ang training camp ng Adelaide 36ers. But look now, more than a month has already gone after the King Abdullah Cup & here comes Kai doing nothing but individual skills training in Australia. Ni wala pa ngang team scrimmage ang Adelaide up to now. Puro individual skills training lang ang ginagawa ni Kai - something which he has been doing in the US in the last 2 years. The King Abdullah Cup would have been a very valuable experience for Kai since it was an actual tournament featuring strong north African & west Asian teams. Besides 1 week lang naman yung tournament na yun. Para ano ba na ma late si Kai ng 1 week sa Adelaide training eh hanggang ngayon nga naman eh puro individual skills training lang ang ginagawa nya doon?

I know that na postpone ang opening ng NBL season that is why wala pa talagang formal na training camp ang mga NBL teams up to now. But if I'm not mistaken, early October yung original schedule of opening of the NBL season. The King Abdullah Cup ended early August, so even if Kai played in the tournament, Kai still had at least 2 months to train with Adelaide if the NBL season started by early October.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

The 36ers did not disallow Kai from joining the Kings cup this 8s incorrect. (This is actually in violation with theNBL rule with FIBA)

Derecho ko na lang , it's his handlers who dictate his availability. And of course for a fee.
    As simple as that.
    Essentially a deal for his services for kings cup was not agreed to

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    It kinda frustrates me how the Adelaide 36ers prevented Kai from playing for Gilas in the 2021 King Abdullah Cup (late July to early August) dahil mag uumpisa na raw ang training camp ng Adelaide 36ers.
    Yep, it is what it is. Like what Tab said in his recent interview, without Kai, the coaching staff was forced to play Balty and Tamayo to 4s more rather than the 3.

I don’t think the 36ers disallowed it because the consensus of the fans in Hoops AU was that there were no training schedule set for all of the teams, so Kai was free to play for the team. Hell, even their coach at that time, Conner Henry, was not even in Australia.

Conner only came 2-3 weeks ago and when he arrived, the dude was fired. Most likely, EWP were the ones who disallowed him, but of course, I understand their decision. Maybe if the Asia Cup did not have so much uncertainty, Kai would have been able to continue playing for the team.

The 36ers did not disallow Kai from joining the Kings cup this 8s incorrect. (This is actually in violation with theNBL rule with FIBA)

Derecho ko na lang , it's his handlers who dictate his availability. And of course for a fee.
    As simple as that.
    Oh thanks for clarifying, I guess it was really EWP. I don't understand why some kind of deal has to be made. NBA players would love to represent their country without any sort of deal and I am sure Kai wants to as well. EWP should be less involved in Kai's Gilas stints other than possible endorsements or commercials or whatever.

Is this common around the world, Dadmiral? For a player to have to work out a deal to play for the NT? I know it is common for naturalized players like Andray, but I am quite surprised that Kai also has to be involved in a similar fashion. How is it for the players for the NZ team?

As simple as that.
    Ah ok. Thanks for the correction bro.

I just really couldn't understand Kai's handlers. I think they are just ruining Kai's basketball career.

Come to think of it, in the last 2 years or so, all Kai did in the US was skills training & pick-up basketball. Not enough actual tournament games. Mabuti na lang that he played for Gilas in the 3rd window Asia Cup qualifier & the 2021 OQT. Yun lang ang naging actual tournament games ni Kai in the last 2 yrs or so. It would have been better for him & Gilas as well kung naka paglaro sya sa King Abdullah Cup. It was a missed opportunity. Sayang
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    Yep, it is what it is. Like what Tab said in his recent interview, without Kai, the coaching staff was forced to play Balty and Tamayo to 4s more rather than the 3.

I don’t think the 36ers disallowed it because the consensus of the fans in Hoops AU was that there were no training schedule set for all of the teams, so Kai was free to play for the team. Hell, even their coach at that time, Conner Henry, was not even in Australia.

Conner only came 2-3 weeks ago and when he arrived, the dude was fired. Most likely, EWP were the ones who disallowed him, but of course, I understand their decision. Maybe if the Asia Cup did not have so much uncertainty, Kai would have been able to continue playing for the team.

Oh thanks for clarifying, I guess it was really EWP. I don't understand why some kind of deal has to be made. NBA players would love to represent their country without any sort of deal and I am sure Kai wants to as well. EWP should be less involved in Kai's Gilas stints other than possible endorsements or commercials or whatever.

Is this common around the world, Dadmiral? For a player to have to work out a deal to play for the NT? I know it is common for naturalized players like Andray, but I am quite surprised that Kai also has to be involved in a similar fashion. How is it for the players for the NZ team?
    This is what I described as the ugly side of basketball being too comercialized. Puro na lang pera ang usapan. It really sickens the thought that these sports agencies, agents, handlers are making so much money out of the skills & hard work of players. Parang mga linta itong mga agents na ito eh. Then these leeches will get to decide whether this player gets to play for a particular tournament or not. This really sucks, to say the least. Money & greed are eroding the integrity of the sport.

Page 265 of 279 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275 ... LastLast