Page 263 of 279 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 5572

Thread: Kai Sotto's Thread

Thanks for the clips, SK. Based on the videos, Boban was 9/13 against Ange and 2/3 against Kai. Kai had a couple of nice deflections, a preemptive foul and a missed boxout resulting in a Boban putback. Ange was able to deny Boban a handful of potential offensive rebounds but eventually gave up a couple. He had a deflection and made 4 stops, but giving up 9. Wouldn’t consider both defenses good but given the fact this is Boban we are talking about, there’s really nothing much we could ask from both players. For context, Boban had NBA games wherein he just can’t miss.

This is precisely what I mean by mere minutes together on the floor against each other won’t tell the whole story. If we extrapolate Boban’s success rate on a simple metric like points per possession, Ange and Kai were not that far off at .67 for Kai and .69 for Ange.

Viewing these from a coaching perspective, it is easy to see why the staff went with Ange more. We can all put these spins of assumptions and speculations of what we think is happening, but in the end the staff had to make decisions with trying to win the game in mind rather than pleasing Kai superfans. Kai’s worst plus/minus is a clear indicator of the team’s success when he’s on the floor vis a vis when he’s not. Let us all forgive the coaching staff for considering that metric in their decisions.

Who did better depends on who you ask. Ultimately, the decision makers had to make a call. Had they put Kai more on Boban, would the result have been the same, better or worse? Who knows, right? People are free to believe what they want, see things how they want it. So yeah, to each his own.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Thanks for the clips, SK. Based on the videos, Boban was 9/13 against Ange and 2/3 against Kai. Kai had a couple of nice deflections, a preemptive foul and a missed boxout resulting in a Boban putback. Ange was able to deny Boban a handful of potential offensive rebounds but eventually gave up a couple. He had a deflection and made 4 stops, but giving up 9. Wouldn’t consider both defenses good but given the fact this is Boban we are talking about, there’s really nothing much we could ask from both players. For context, Boban had NBA games wherein he just can’t miss.

This is precisely what I mean by mere minutes together on the floor against each other won’t tell the whole story. If we extrapolate Boban’s success rate on a simple metric like points per possession, Ange and Kai were not that far off at .67 for Kai and .69 for Ange.

Viewing these from a coaching perspective, it is easy to see why the staff went with Ange more. We can all put these spins of assumptions and speculations of what we think is happening, but in the end the staff had to make decisions with trying to win the game in mind rather than pleasing Kai superfans. Kai’s worst plus/minus is a clear indicator of the team’s success when he’s on the floor vis a vis when he’s not. Let us all forgive the coaching staff for considering that metric in their decisions.

Who did better depends on who you ask. Ultimately, the decision makers had to make a call. Had they put Kai more on Boban, would the result have been the same, better or worse? Who knows, right? People are free to believe what they want, see things how they want it. So yeah, to each his own.
    lmfao most of kai's minutes guarding boban are not there.lol Kai's denial on boban seals where guards opted not to pass are not shown in the video. Just watch the whole game. Stop basing it on highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    lmfao most of kai's minutes guarding boban are not there.lol Kai's denial on boban seals where guards opted not to pass are not shown in the video. Just watch the whole game. Stop basing it on highlights.
    Lol You are free to see what you want, believe what you want. You don’t tell people what to do when the best you could offer is a rehashed argument.

kai couldn't even guard lester prosper for crying out loud

Italy deemed Boban useless, good national teams able to neutralize bobi, but through double or t

We didn't tapos.

We could've double teamed yes but it will open their shooters. We couldve double team him in the clutch and sacrificed one shooter that he will get the nerves (Yes given Serbia history, theres a saying that it's either Serbia beat a national team or beat themselves)..I will let Avramovic who blew up a dunk take a shot..

Tim Cone formula still works if used at the right time..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Italy deemed Boban useless, good national teams able to neutralize bobi, but through double or t

We didn't tapos.

We could've double teamed yes but it will open their shooters. We couldve double team him in the clutch and sacrificed one shooter that he will get the nerves (Yes given Serbia history, theres a saying that it's either Serbia beat a national team or beat themselves)..I will let Avramovic who blew up a dunk take a shot..

There’s no way Boban lasts long on the court with Italy having Melli and Polonara at the frontcourt. I hope Kai starts hitting his 3s and hit them at a decent clip. Same with Kouame and even Chiu.
    Last edited by NOiNU; 09-07-2021 at 06:50 PM.

There’s no way Boban lasts long on the court with Italy having Gallinari and Polonara at the frontcourt. I hope Kai starts hitting his 3s and hit them at a decent clip. Same with Kouame and even Chiu.
    Correct but the same time in that 3rd quarter run Boban cant hit anything to compensate his defense(lack thereof)..theres a reason filip petrusev isnt on nba yet he will not stop nico mannion from slashing that game
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post

We didn't tapos.

We can chalk this up,to this version of Gilas haven't really faced a NBA quality center until Boban,they did faced Asia's big men,but its a little different animal with the Euro's.I'm willing to bet that next time both Kai and AK will be much better prepared and will account for themselves on both sides of the court.

There’s no way Boban lasts long on the court with Italy having Melli and Polonara at the frontcourt. I hope Kai starts hitting his 3s and hit them at a decent clip. Same with Kouame and even Chiu.
    One of the things that could have helped was if the bigs could shoot drawing him out of the paint. Near the end it got hard for guys to drive because of him

not gonna happen, he made an impressive "0%" from 3PG during the combined AQT and OQT, he also made 14% of his shots from 15 feet and out - so much for a perimeter game eh

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    One of the things that could have helped was if the bigs could shoot drawing him out of the paint. Near the end it got hard for guys to drive because of him
    Precisely. This is why Boban barely plays in the NBA—he is too matchup prone as too many centers now can shoot from beyond the arc.

As a side note, you gotta love the extreme characters here. Hehe capping Kai’s 3 point potential when his stroke is fluid and has shown a good perimeter and free throw accuracy in the past. And he’s only 19, lest people forget.

On the other side, capping Kouame’s ceiling to not even reach Prosper level when what we are seeing right now is some late bloomer of sort that is raw as hell and grossly inexperienced in the higher level. Let’s not forget Ange is 6’ 11.5” with decent mobility and good frame. But anyway, kanya-kanyang opinion lang yan.

So, the South East Melbourne Phoenix has signed Zhou Qi. Just a special restricted player because, just like Kai Sotto, he's not qualified as a marquee.
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    So, the South East Melbourne Phoenix has signed Zhou Qi. Just a special restricted player because, just like Kai Sotto, he's not qualified as a marquee.
    Qi is a marquee, as per analyzed. SRPs can be considered marquee players.

Qi is a marquee, as per analyzed. SRPs can be considered marquee players.
    Do you realize that SRPs salaries dont count against the salary caps? A marquee player who's salary won't get counted against the salary cap? Thats both unprecedented and illogical.
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

Do you realize that SRPs salaries dont count against the salary caps? A marquee player who's salary won't get counted against the salary cap? Thats both unprecedented and illogical.
    Not if you don’t exceed the 4 marquee player limit.

Not if you don’t exceed the 4 marquee player limit.
    Sus noinu napapasakay ka sa balat ng mani. All of a sudden pwd plang marquee ang isang SRP. Where was that narrative when kai was the subject?
    ― H.L. Mencken

Sus noinu napapasakay ka sa balat ng mani. All of a sudden pwd plang marquee ang isang SRP. Where was that narrative when kai was the subject?
    Hehe you know how I view analyzed. I always take his words with a grain of salt. This is my own assessment of Qi. I view him as top player. If I am wrong, this is not because I believed analyzed.

From what I’ve read, SRP’s are “generally treated” as locals (meaning either Australian or NZ). Idk if the marquee tag could be applied to them, though. What I know is that Qi should be considered an IMPORT, TOP LEVEL player that NBL had set a limit for.

Btw, why are you so emotional? Lol your posts reeks of animosity, esp when its directed to someone who doesn't share your views. We can all be sarcastic and all but at the same time we need to chill. Forum lang to.

Hehe you know how I view analyzed. I always take his words with a grain of salt. This is my own assessment of Qi. I view him as top player. If I am wrong, this is not because I believed analyzed.

From what I’ve read, SRP’s are “generally treated” as locals (meaning either Australian or NZ). Idk if the marquee tag could be applied to them, though. What I know is that Qi should be considered an IMPORT, TOP LEVEL player that NBL had set a limit for.

Btw, why are you so emotional? Lol your posts reeks of animosity, esp when its directed to someone who doesn't share your views. We can all be sarcastic and all but at the same time we need to chill. Forum lang to.
    Zhou, yeah, he's indeed a top player, could even be THE top player this season. But he also happens to come from one of the select Asian countries. If you have read the official articles from the NBL that were posted here, and even analyzed's arguments here, none pointed to an SRP possibly counting as one of the marquees. Only now that Zhou has signed has that idea been floated. In fact, the arguments posted by analyzed had Kai not being qualified as a marquee hence him falling as JUST as an SRP. Here's what the NBL says about the select Asian quota - they're meant to increase their market. Obviously, the idea was to help sell the league, they must've not expected a kai Sotto coming, more so one of the level of a zhou qi. Theyd probably rethink that classification in the future. See, if one cares to back read, long before Zhou happened, i was already talking about that. Who knows, maybe there'd be a couple more after zhou qi. Maybe the SRPs will prove to be more worthy than this batch of next stars all of a sudden. But as of now, the rules are simple, you come from one of the select Asian countries (not all asians can be signed as SRP), you take that lone SRP spot. The mention of them being considered as locals is in context of distinguishing them from open imports hence the mention of the phrase "Asian imports" as well
    ― H.L. Mencken

I think you misunderstood Analyzed. He was saying Kai was assessed but wasn’t deemed marquee. He never mentioned Kai was signed as an SRP as a result. In fact, he always maintained SRPs are treated as locals and can be considered as marquee.

Perhaps you mistook it from his claim that he wasn’t NEXT STAR level. As a result, he was signed as an SRP.

I think you misunderstood Analyzed. He was saying Kai was assessed but wasn’t deemed marquee. He never mentioned Kai was signed as an SRP as a result. In fact, he always maintained SRPs are treated as locals and can be considered as marquee.

Perhaps you mistook it from his claim that he wasn’t NEXT STAR level. As a result, he was signed as an SRP.
    So, you speak for Analyzed now? I expected that but out of him directly. I dont remember him mentioning that SRPs can be considered as a marquee, ever.
    ― H.L. Mencken

Page 263 of 279 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273 ... LastLast