Page 261 of 279 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,220 of 5572

Thread: Kai Sotto's Thread

  1. #5201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    286
    Country: Denmark

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    I am not even impress with Humphries and Johnson. Kai went toe to toe with the world's best and was a fixture as a great big in youth world tournaments. Sam Froling who was clearly inferior now to Kai is a projected Starter and Petrusev could be an NBL allstar. As always your disrespect and envy will cloud your judgement. Too easy to debunk and counter but I still respect the seniority of DJ and IH. But to doubt Kai's abilities over those two?haha Kai shutdown Korea's offense and he was the biggest thorn when Korea played Gilas. Korea NT who beat NZ NT.lol DJ is a very poor defender while Kai is proven in the world stage. Was even very effective against Boban.lol

    Kai has way better tools and skillset than both DJ and IH. They were just older and stronger but in all aspect Kai is way better. If Kai didnt perform well against senior NTs, i would have tapered my expectations but Kai proved he is ready at 19.
    wtf are you smokin? oh and please take kai's cock out of your butt ... tangina ka xtian tanders ka na bakla ka pa din

  2. #5202
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,426
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Kaiziken or Mikhael, you should stop drowning yourself in hate and insecurities. Dont forever troll forums in the internet. You should confront your fears and talk to your parents. It is a pity that your asking for attention in a forum. Di na nga kita pinapansin kumakausap ka sa hangin. Have a great week and god bless you.

  3. #5203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,426
    Country: Philippines

    Default



    Just an example how Kai's intimidation affects the opponent's offense. This was also evident in the OQT games.

  4. #5204
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post


    Just an example how Kai's intimidation affects the opponent's offense. This was also evident in the OQT games.
    You can clearly see that Kai can stop multiple attempts in 1 possession.

    @ 00:23 mark of the video 3 stops in 1 possession:
    1. Stop the Korea's guard from driving.
    2. Stop the Korea's guard from throwing a lob pass on the cutting player.
    3. He stop the driving player and force him to pass.

    @ 00:43 mark of the video 3 stops in 1 possession:
    1. He tip the ball on Ra at low post.
    2. He stops the drive of the koreans.
    3. Close out on Ra's jumpshot.

    Good to see that Kai is not stopping on defense even when he already stop one attempt.
    Last edited by spidey102279; 09-06-2021 at 02:40 AM.

  5. #5205
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,342
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    @PeeZones & spidey

    Good points bros.

    That's the significant advantage of a skilled 7-foot & above center can bring. I think more than just offense, sa defense talaga mas may malaking impact ang 7-foot big guy with good enough agility & mobility.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  6. #5206
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    @PeeZones & spidey

    Good points bros.

    That's the significant advantage of a skilled 7-foot & above center can bring. I think more than just offense, sa defense talaga mas may malaking impact ang 7-foot big guy with good enough agility & mobility.

    I saw a glimpse of Marc Gasol on defense. Kai know where to position on defense and he's reading the opponent's offense. Marc gasol was slow and not really a high jumper, but knows how to position well in the defensive end.

  7. #5207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    286
    Country: Denmark

    Default

    lol kai nuthuggers "inventing" their own scouting reports, pucha may matinong nba scout na sinabi din iyan? wala di ba? mga feeling mas magaling pa sa nba scouts ang mga ungas na ito.

  8. #5208
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    181
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    IMO, Kai's laterals for defense is very good at the Asian level. He was key to our wins against SK. But they're not exceptional or NBA level. Hopefully he can improve them or stand out in other areas to merit being drafted and getting PT in the NBA.

    Others may be overly optimistic or pessimistic with his NBA chances but at the end of the day we want a homegrown Pinoy to play in the NBA.

  9. #5209
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,426
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Chet's laterals is way worst than Kai.haha Jokic, Gasul, Valenciunas, Lopez bros, zubac, vucevic to name a few has been displaying slower foot speed and laterals but had been always in the NBA.haha kai played perimeter D against one of the fastest NTs in the planet.haha

    It is a free world feel free to think that.haha the hardest to please are the outrageous expectations of pinoys.
    Last edited by PeeZones; 09-06-2021 at 11:15 AM.

  10. #5210
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cocoyg View Post
    IMO, Kai's laterals for defense is very good at the Asian level. He was key to our wins against SK. But they're not exceptional or NBA level. Hopefully he can improve them or stand out in other areas to merit being drafted and getting PT in the NBA.

    Others may be overly optimistic or pessimistic with his NBA chances but at the end of the day we want a homegrown Pinoy to play in the NBA.
    Kai is miles faster than Boban, last time I check Boban is in the NBA

  11. #5211
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    Chet's laterals is way worst than Kai.haha Jokic, Gasul, Valenciunas, Lopez bros, zubac, vucevic to name a few has been displaying slower foot speed and laterals but had been always in the NBA.haha kai played perimeter D against one of the fastest NTs in the planet.haha

    It is a free world feel free to think that.haha the hardest to please are the outrageous expectations of pinoys.
    They are expecting Kai to run like Westbrook for him to play in the NBA

  12. #5212
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,449

    Default

    So what Kai needs to be able to play in the NBA is to be faster than Westbrook, Stronger than Shaq, and a better player/defender than Tim Duncan for him to enter the NBA according to experts here.

  13. #5213
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    181
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    To at least match Ange's quickness in protecting the rim (especially in help defense) is enough for me.

  14. #5214
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cocoyg View Post
    To at least match Ange's quickness in protecting the rim (especially in help defense) is enough for me.
    Kai defended Boban better than Kouame.

  15. #5215
    Senior Member NOiNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,392
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    Kai defended Boban better than Kouame.
    Says who? Based on what, that deflection he made on an entry pass? As much as I have no problem on one’s own perception of things, these claims doesn't hold water unless backed up by hard evidence. In this case, one stat that would prove useful is Boban’s fg made/attempts vs both players. Saying Kai limited Boban to less points compared to Ange is simply seeing what one wants to see. Perhaps the coaching staff opted to put Ange on Boban more because it is “the lesser evil”, Ange being more physically developed and stronger player? Truth be told, neither guy could have stopped Boban at that point. This is a guy who makes mincemeat of legit NBA bigs at the paint.

    Yes, Boban scored more on Ange than Kai. But that doesn’t automatically equate to Kai having defended him better. What it simply means is that Ange defended him more. Now the next logical argument is to second guess the coach for that decision, because of course we know things better on all things Kai.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

  16. #5216
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Says who? Based on what, that deflection he made on an entry pass? As much as I have no problem on one’s own perception of things, these claims doesn't hold water unless backed up by hard evidence. In this case, one stat that would prove useful is Boban’s fg made/attempts vs both players. Saying Kai limited Boban to less points compared to Ange is simply seeing what one wants to see. Perhaps the coaching staff opted to put Ange on Boban more because it is “the lesser evil”, Ange being more physically developed and stronger player? Truth be told, neither guy could have stopped Boban at that point. This is a guy who makes mincemeat of legit NBA bigs at the paint.

    Yes, Boban scored more on Ange than Kai. But that doesn’t automatically equate to Kai having defended him better. What it simply means is that Ange defended him more. Now the next logical argument is to second guess the coach for that decision, because of course we know things better on all things Kai.
    You clearly did'nt watch the game. Kai denied Boban with a lot of touches. He only score 3 pts on kai in the 1st half. And 2 pts on kai in the 2nd half for a total of 5 point. He scored the rest on kouame. If you dont have facts dont argue. Boban tookover when Kai was benched in the last minute of the 4th. Watch again the game and stop yapping. Give me the minutes that anj guarded boban and kai guarded boban. You are just assuming that Anj guarded him more.

  17. #5217
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4,292
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Says who? Based on what, that deflection he made on an entry pass? As much as I have no problem on one’s own perception of things, these claims doesn't hold water unless backed up by hard evidence. In this case, one stat that would prove useful is Boban’s fg made/attempts vs both players. Saying Kai limited Boban to less points compared to Ange is simply seeing what one wants to see. Perhaps the coaching staff opted to put Ange on Boban more because it is “the lesser evil”, Ange being more physically developed and stronger player? Truth be told, neither guy could have stopped Boban at that point. This is a guy who makes mincemeat of legit NBA bigs at the paint.

    Yes, Boban scored more on Ange than Kai. But that doesn’t automatically equate to Kai having defended him better. What it simply means is that Ange defended him more. Now the next logical argument is to second guess the coach for that decision, because of course we know things better on all things Kai.
    Save for early in the first half, Boban was more inclined on passing the ball instead of imposing his massive frame against kai. I wonder why. Maybe it was an act of goodwill? Or maybe Kai's length and quickness had him a little less comfortable compared to kouame's motors. If for some reason you think otherwise, perhaps you should revisit the game. Goodness each time boban sees kouame he was like looking at his dinner.
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

  18. #5218
    Senior Member NOiNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,392
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    You clearly did'nt watch the game. Kai denied Boban with a lot of touches. He only score 3 pts on kai in the 1st half. And 2 pts on kai in the 2nd half for a total of 5 point. He scored the rest on kouame. If you dont have facts dont argue. Boban tookover when Kai was benched in the last minute of the 4th. Watch again the game and stop yapping.
    I didn’t watch the game you say and at the end you ask me to watch it again? Hehe The lousiest of rebuttals is the assumption that the other side didn’t watch something just because he came up with a different observation.

    Why did you think the coaching staff opted to put Kouame on Boban more if Kai was really doing a good job? Neither player was doing a good job. You really expect Kai and Kouame to stop Boban at the paint? Maybe a few more pounds and a little more experience. But clearly not that time.

    Wag ka masyado mataray. I only offered a different view. Ni hindi ko sinabing mali ang take mo, I can actually live with those kind of takes as I am a Kai fan myself. My point is that let us not for a second mistake it for sacred truth. It is arguable. You see, even the coaching staff’s matchup decisions didn’t support your observations. But to hell with them, what do they know?
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

  19. #5219
    Senior Member NOiNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,392
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Save for early in the first half, Boban was more inclined on passing the ball instead of imposing his massive frame against kai. I wonder why. Maybe it was an act of goodwill? Or maybe Kai's length and quickness had him a little less comfortable compared to kouame's motors. If for some reason you think otherwise, perhaps you should revisit the game. Goodness each time boban sees kouame he was like looking at his dinner.
    Why would we discount the early first half, to start things with? Because Boban was scoring on Kai like he wasn’t there? Goodness, everytime Boban sees Kai he was like looking at his dessert. Hehe Wag tayo nitpicking, let us view the game as a whole. And the whole game, Ange had to deal with Boban more. Why’s that, you think?
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

  20. #5220
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,625
    Country: Canada

    Default

    I don’t remember anyone defending Boban well because Boban ate everyone alive when he posted up. Near the end they started going big because no one was stopping Boban. Checking the boxscore, Kai has the worst +/- of anyone on the team at -20 so his contributions to the team when he was on floor vs off weren’t good from a stats perspective.

Page 261 of 279 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •