Page 266 of 280 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,320 of 5600

Thread: Kai Sotto's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    Yep, it is what it is. Like what Tab said in his recent interview, without Kai, the coaching staff was forced to play Balty and Tamayo to 4s more rather than the 3.

I don’t think the 36ers disallowed it because the consensus of the fans in Hoops AU was that there were no training schedule set for all of the teams, so Kai was free to play for the team. Hell, even their coach at that time, Conner Henry, was not even in Australia.

Conner only came 2-3 weeks ago and when he arrived, the dude was fired. Most likely, EWP were the ones who disallowed him, but of course, I understand their decision. Maybe if the Asia Cup did not have so much uncertainty, Kai would have been able to continue playing for the team.

Oh thanks for clarifying, I guess it was really EWP. I don't understand why some kind of deal has to be made. NBA players would love to represent their country without any sort of deal and I am sure Kai wants to as well. EWP should be less involved in Kai's Gilas stints other than possible endorsements or commercials or whatever.

Is this common around the world, Dadmiral? For a player to have to work out a deal to play for the NT? I know it is common for naturalized players like Andray, but I am quite surprised that Kai also has to be involved in a similar fashion. How is it for the players for the NZ team?

EWP,has invested alot of money to the Sottos,if anything happened to Kai,they would be in the red,imagine now that they have to take the whole family and neither one of the parents can't or want to work in the US,so pretty much Kai owes alot of money and they pretty much got the Kai and family in a financial bind,I have a feeling that contract Kai signed will be more financially beneficial to his handlers than Kai himself,at least until the contract runs out and he signed a new one with a sports lawyer this time.

As to question if this practice is common globally?
    I think Kai is really in a unique situation, cause it's really rare for an overly commercial basketball industry like the Philippines to literally have a legit young NBA prospect.
    We all know that in the Philippines a player as young as high school age , already has agents and parents already are given incentives like a Job and so on, this is common knowledge.
    Thr thing with Kai is his overseas trips and trainings cost money and with the Philippine set up this has to come from commercial boosters , not individual parents like in many Western countries with their prospects.
    The problem with this set up when an investor funds Kai's development, there has to be a return of investment. So essentially the "handlers " sell Kai for his services, whether that be as a player or his popularity (likeness).
    It is what it is. And yes national team use of the player is also included that requires a pay fee arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    I think Kai is really in a unique situation, cause it's really rare for an overly commercial basketball industry like the Philippines to literally have a legit young NBA prospect.
    We all know that in the Philippines a player as young as high school age , already has agents and parents already are given incentives like a Job and so on, this is common knowledge.
    Thr thing with Kai is his overseas trips and trainings cost money and with the Philippine set up this has to come from commercial boosters , not individual parents like in many Western countries with their prospects.
    The problem with this set up when an investor funds Kai's development, there has to be a return of investment. So essentially the "handlers " sell Kai for his services, whether that be as a player or his popularity (likeness).
    It is what it is. And yes national team use of the player is also included that requires a pay fee arrangement.
    Yeah, its the last part that really sucks becoz the sponsor will always demand a return of its investment.

I can't help but cherrish the basketball in the 80's & early to mid-90's when playing basketball was much less complicated & much simplier. When the late Drazen Petrovic wanted to play for Yugoslavia or Crotia, nothing could stop him from doing so (not even a civil war). When Arvidas Sabonis wanted to play for USSR during the 80's, there wasn't any obstacle.

Things have become very different now. Take the case of Serbia in the recent OQT, Jokic & Bogdan Bogdanovic didn't play for Serbia, hence Serbia which is a traditional basketball world superpower failed to make it to the Olympics. I wonder why Jokic & Bogdanovic were not able to play?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Got it! Thanks! I guess the commercials, merchandise, NBL contract and sponsorships were not enough that they had to ask for a fee for Kai to play for Gilas. However, this is pure speculation on my part, and we will never know the full extent of what occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Take the case of Serbia in the recent OQT, Jokic & Bogdan Bogdanovic didn't play for Serbia, hence Serbia which is a traditional basketball world superpower failed to make it to the Olympics. I wonder why Jokic & Bogdanovic were not able to play?
    From the back of my mind, Jokic wanted to rest from the fatigue of NBA seasons and NT commitments while Bogdanovic was in the middle of the playoffs (Atlanta-Bucks ECF) during the OQT, so he could not join. The only person who did not commit was Jokic. Bogdan was ready to fly to Serbia if the playoffs ended a bit earlier for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Yeah, its the last part that really sucks becoz the sponsor will always demand a return of its investment.

I can't help but cherrish the basketball in the 80's & early to mid-90's when playing basketball was much less complicated & much simplier. When the late Drazen Petrovic wanted to play for Yugoslavia or Crotia, nothing could stop him from doing so (not even a civil war). When Arvidas Sabonis wanted to play for USSR during the 80's, there wasn't any obstacle.

Things have become very different now. Take the case of Serbia in the recent OQT, Jokic & Bogdan Bogdanovic didn't play for Serbia, hence Serbia which is a traditional basketball world superpower failed to make it to the Olympics. I wonder why Jokic & Bogdanovic were not able to play?

The only true amateurs in the US as of now are the ones who go to college,some would be one and done,since the offer of the agents is just too good to pass up.Most want to experience that college student athlete life,that means,balance academic,sports and if you want money work part-time like everyone else in college.At least now the US NCAA lets the student athlete to make money due to theme student athletes thru ads and so forth.In the case of Jokic,he might nursing an injury that his medical staff had advised to stay away from competitive basketball for awhile,in a Hollywood world he would ignore that advise and lead his National team to the Olympics,with a career ending injury probably but he will be the toast of the world.Athletes like everyone else has a right to make a decision,on his pro career,not his fans,coaches,gov't officials,etc.Its not like the athlete is being drafted to fight a war for his country and he declined.The pro athletes handlers,manager,agent,financial advisor and medical staff will have a say on his decision but in the end its the athlete himself will make that decision.

development comes at a cost and with that, they will try to squeeze every penny from kai and thats pretty normal as thats how you run a business. EWP was never a charity. every move kai make's you can bet EWP will make sure someone will pay for that. that's not hard to comprehend.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Knicks center Mitchell Robinson says he’s gained 60 pounds since coming into the NBA in 2018.

Robinson, 23, now weighs 280 pounds at 7’0”.

Robinson averaged 8.3 PPG, 8.1 RPG, & 1.5 BPG for New York in 2020-22.

The trend these days is to go big and be able to bang with the best bigs in the league. This would be a great time for Kai. This is not for jacking up threes but for stopping Giannis, Jokic, Embiid and Zion. The resurgence of bigs and the end of GSW is really unfolding. https://www.facebook.com/17263550284...1700093270732/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yoa0GWwVOtc

A no-nonsense take on Kai. A nice watch worth your time.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post

Thanks for the link noinu
    NBL would be make or break for kai to make his NBA draft stock goes up.
    https://logosrated.net/wp-content/uploads/parser/Mapua-Institute-of-Technology-Logo-1.png

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post

In 5... 4.... 3... 2...

Quote Originally Posted by art00 View Post
    In 5... 4.... 3... 2...

Anu na? Patuli ka na.
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post

Anu na? Patuli ka na.
    Thank you for the interest but no thanks. I don't swing that way.

It seems majority is still stuck with riding lame ass mock writer's assessment. If we follow that route, Alperin Sengun wont be in the NBA.lol i'll stick with Kai's agent saying that multiple teams would draft Kai, it is not the lame writers who would assess kai but real scouts and coaches.

We have seen how a 19yr old Kai perform well against top bigs in world competition. You cant state the same for banchero or chet if they will be dealt with the same opponents.haha I am not here to convince anyone but you better hold on your horses because im holding tight on mine.

If you expect Kai to run like Westbrook, to be as strong as shaq, to jump high as vince carter, to shoot like steph, to be as tenacious as rodman, and have monstrous numbers in all games then be it.haha Just rememder Ol great Chet Holgrem had difficulties against teenagers and he isnt near any of those traits.haha Great bigs in the NBA are waiting for him.

Thank you for the interest but no thanks. I don't swing that way.
    Lol don’t swing that way your ass. You think people didn’t know what you just did? Wag na tayong magplastikan dto. BTW, if you want to stay supot, it’s up to you.
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

Lol don’t swing that way your ass. You think people didn’t know what you just did? Wag na tayong magplastikan dto. BTW, if you want to stay supot, it’s up to you.
    Just go on ahead with your interest in other people's genitalia. I don't care about your pathetic fetish which has nothing to do with this thread's topic.

Just go on ahead with your interest in other people's genitalia. I don't care about your pathetic fetish which has nothing to do with this thread's topic.
    Sus painosente ka kc. Lol you thought it subtle? Hnd nmn tanga mga tao dto na tulad mo
    ― H.L. Mencken

Anu na? Patuli ka na.
    Natrigger nnmn si boy toxic LOL, nahulog sa patibong
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    Di kami uto2x Tab is just selfish. He wants to push his own agenda always. Tab was just lucky today. Pasalamat si Tab kay Kai! It is obvious Givony and Draftexpress have their own agenda dismissing Kai.

In 5... 4.... 3... 2...
    Kuhang kuha mo boss as expected sa mga yan LOL
    Di kami uto2x Tab is just selfish. He wants to push his own agenda always. Tab was just lucky today. Pasalamat si Tab kay Kai! It is obvious Givony and Draftexpress have their own agenda dismissing Kai.

What’s new, alternicks to the rescue. Mga supot tlga
    ― H.L. Mencken

What’s new, alternicks to the rescue. Mga supot tlga

Page 266 of 280 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276 ... LastLast