Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KAIJU
    You idiot, why would the Kaiju get lots of DNPs, he is on a multi MILLION dollar contract and probably the highest paid player at the 36ers.

Do you really think Adelaide are going the spend the BIG bucks on the Kaiju and give him DNPs? Geez I don't even think those "Convict" Australians would be that stupid.

You have to be one deluded crackhead to actually believe the Kaiju won't be the centre piece of the entire Adelaide 36ers team and get DNPs.

The Kaiju has NBA lottery calibre talent and the only reason Kai signed with such a team is to showcase his talents to the NBA scouts. They will forget about "Next Star" Mojave King and be in awe of the amazing talents of the menacing Kaiju.
    You used the wrong account.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

What the fuck are you going on about? Idiot
      Ahahaha. Ok…..

Comment

• Originally posted by Trae Yong View Post
        so how in the world did Orlando Magic rookie Franz Wagner get to matriculate at Michigan when he also played pro ball in Europe before joining the Wolverines MBT?
        i think same provision as domantas sabonis, only got a stipend/allowance and not a professional fee

Comment

• The NZ NBL does this often Steven Adams , Ken Tuffin , Tai Webster to name a few play in the pro league prior to college, but under strict amateur conditions

Comment

• Originally posted by Trae Yong View Post
            so how in the world did Orlando Magic rookie Franz Wagner get to matriculate at Michigan when he also played pro ball in Europe before joining the Wolverines MBT?
            Some people were saying even Kobe had endorsement deals back then. From what I just read apparently Kai's camp felt he wouldn't suit NCAA and they actually wanted Europe. But then they couldn't accept the Gilas/FIBA clause.

edit: I quoted the wrong post

Comment

Apparently the Kaiju is eligible for the 2023 NBA draft and won't be an automatic entry into to the 2022 Draft. This is the complete opposite information to what many on here are claiming.
              is that by design? why not join the Holmgren draft class? 2023 might be a deeper draft with Victor W, athletic 7 footer Derick Lively and Emoni Bates as the top prospects

Comment

• the team is working on kai's stamina and strength issues

currently working with strength and conditioning coach

Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                  the team is working on kai's stamina and strength issues

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/kai-s...a2437-20211125

"Right now, I don't think we'll be seeing him anymore between now and the rest of the preseason games," he said in a press conference on Thursday.

at least they are working on his weakness early on, its a long season, Kai will eventually get his minutes as he improves his conditioning

Comment

At least Adelaide is forcing Kai to work on his strength, and especially his conditioning. Who knows, this might be good for his Gilas and pro career, and increases his chances of generating interest from NBA teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                      At least Adelaide is forcing Kai to work on his strength, and especially his conditioning. Who knows, this might be good for his Gilas and pro career, and increases his chances of generating interest from NBA teams.
                      I think this is a minor disappointment. Kai needs actual playing time. But I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. I hope he gets to play on Dec. 3.

Comment

• If and when Kai gets sparse minutes through his first NBL season, his approach should be “pounce on every opportunity” rather than “let the game come to him”. He needs to be both aggressive and active, and just maybe it would be his ticket to more playing time.One thing he can’t afford is be passive and yield empty stats in a limited run.

Anywhere along the statlines of his first NBL game would be decent, specially if he can make such production in a significantly fewer minutes.

Comment

In other words, Kai is not yet NBA ready. People should be patient and not expect him to be in the NBA in the 2022-23 season.

Comment

• On the bright side Kai is getting the strength and conditioning training he needs, he's at the best position to succeed, just a matter of him being patient and making the most out of it

Comment

• Originally posted by Juan Lun View Post
                              On the bright side Kai is getting the strength and conditioning training he needs, he's at the best position to succeed, just a matter of him being patient and making the most out of it
                              And for the fans to be patient as well

As I've said, yung physical aspect nalang talaga ang kulang kay Kai Sotto. Skill-wise, he's good enough at this stage of his career. An improvement in Kai's physical strength will have a significant impact on his game.
                              Last edited by JAMSKIE; 11-25-2021, 08:32 AM.
                              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                                Hasn't he been working out the last few years? I know his conditioning isn't there yet but I don't think a few extra days of working out exclusively instead of playing in actual games would make a difference..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information