Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paulrenzo View Post
    What's his team's standing right now?
    A bit late, but as of this writing, they are 4-2, good for the top spot in the league.
    Originally posted by gideon
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by magic_chiongson View Post
      an average kbl team with 1 import on the floor will beat an average b-league div 1 team with only 1 import on the floor. b-league team talent is diluted due to having 30+ teams (including d2)
      For me their talents level are really low in BLeague. Just look at FIBA tournaments. Korea has beaten or have close games with top Asian teams and NZ. With Japan with all BLeague players they lost big margins.

Comment

• All of us definitely understood what you are stating. If its the gospel truth then so be it. we are not arguing anything what you are saying. it just that why you have to repeat the same set of statements from all pages of this thread. we understood your point from page 1, I think you dont have to do say it again in page 604.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
          Excuse me back read everything I posted (I said full year guaranteed contract)
          I kept on saying it if you only took time to read.
          It's harder to get a full year contract than being drafted. Read it a million times.
          I clarified that to Stevy. When he asked
          That is why I said being a starter in a major overseas league (NBL) which is feasible is actually higher an accomplishment to me than simply getting a 10 day contract due to noriety.
          Many of the NBL stars refuse NBA unguaranteed call ups..
          Looks like you haven't been reading..

It's littierally historical data that no one who was not invited (top 100) has ever secured a full time NBA CONTRACT.
          Been saying it a million times, and you guys don't accept it. Or ignore it (it's all over, back read ..
          DAvid Robinson's logic basically is like assuming Kai with stars align playing solid games in the NBL, FIBA, SUMMER LEAGUE ETC

Then scouts/GMSs are looking for more bigs because of evolving NBA games for tall line ups.

They saw Kai, they looked on how his playing and his solid stats(assuming lang ha)..

Then comes the decision by the NBA owner/GMs if they going to give full guaranteed contract on Kai Sotto.

Suddenly, David Robinson jump into the scene and shouted to these GMs.. NO.. DON'T SIGN HIM UP BECAUSE HE WAS NOT LISTED IN THE TOP 100 PLAYERS BEFORE LOL

There goes your logic David sinking on the toilet bowl haha

Comment

• Some posters here don't understand that ballclubs' tournament and national teams' tournament are two different animals.

The country where the ballclub is located might perform badly in FIBA but the ballclub itself can beat strong ballclubs. Maccabi in Europe and Alvark Tokyo for instance.
            Last edited by ja.he; 11-29-2022, 05:33 AM.
            Attack
            defend
            Unite

Comment

• Obviously all of us are forecasting the future based on current available information.

Just like a coach decides to foul and send player to the line when up to 3, cause he's banking on the improbability of 3 events happening in favor of an opponent is unlikely. the coach is basically using available information on hand as basis to his decision.

Just like i predict chances are slim for Spurs to win the title in next 5 years , absolutely GM's have forecasted that Kai as a future prospect are slim ( not impossible as nothing is technically impossible .

Do note it's not like they have NOT seen Kai play in games and in workouts , they've already made their forecast . absolutely it's based on what they seen in the past and information on hand.
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco
                Basically Analyzed is saying that there is "no player entered into draft who wasn't invited to the pre-draft camps from 2016 to present who got to sign to a GUARANTEED NBA contract" ever

s?
                Spot on , yun lang yun, it's historical data . And it's the basis for my prediction that Kai will not be the 1st exception.

As to making the NBA in a game , i honestly think he has a reasonable chance ( 50 %) of playing 1 official nba regular season game , that's not bad at all.

if people view by forecast as to pessimistic , eh yun.. it's my forecast.
                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                  Obviously all of us are forecasting the future based on current available information.

Just like a coach decides to foul and send player to the line when up to 3, cause he's banking on the improbability of 3 events happening in favor of an opponent is unlikely. the coach is basically using available information on hand as basis to his decision.

Just like i predict chances are slim for Spurs to win the title in next 5 years , absolutely GM's have forecasted that Kai as a future prospect are slim ( not impossible as nothing is technically impossible .

Do note it's not like they have NOT seen Kai play in games and in workouts , they've already made their forecast . absolutely it's based on what they seen in the past and information on hand.
                  Little to high probability basically means there is still a chance to make it to the NBA lol

You sounded before kasi like it's all over for Kai and we're just hyping and delusional to think otherwise haha

I still remember your own words: FIBA Kai is a yes, NBA Kai is no haha

Who are you to say and conclude about the certainty of the future not happening like Kai not making it to the NBA?

Are you a GOD haha. So stop your trajectory/prediction blah blah based on past/historical events like listed top 100 players alone

because in reality, data you mentioned is just one factor as basis on deciding whether to sign a player or not

what has more weigh actually or what matters most is current, the present baby and future scenario or factors lol

So please stop preaching us your tone bout the past, dami forumers dito also are saying the same..We know about the past and it may have no

bearing now on deciding on how Kai's NBA dream/career is going to unfold haha.

Comment

• What's wrong with forecasting
                    1. Spurs have less than 10 % chance of winning a title in next 5 years (that's higher than each team % if all equal at 3.3 %
                    Or
                    2 Kai has less than 2 % chance of securing a full year guaranteed NBA contract.

What's all this about saying I'm God or something.
                    Do note the historical significance if Kai does this , 1st in SEA, maybe less than 5 Asians have done this this is already so rare after a rough underwhelming last 3 years for Kai.

Technically it's possible next year Kai will play like a young Jokic , or you can be the next person to fly to the moon..(yes technically nothing is impossible).
                    But the likelihood of the same person who people have seen and play making a 180 degree turnaround is not likely. Again he's not showing the steep learning curve .. .
                    It's foolishness to say if only next year Kai will play Jokic he has a chance that 's plain silly based on information
                    Last edited by DAdmiral; 11-29-2022, 02:07 AM.

Comment

What's wrong with forecasting
                      1. Spurs have less than 10 % chance of winning a title in next 5 years (that's higher than each team % if all equal at 3.3 %
                      Or
                      2 Kai has less than 2 % chance of securing a full year guaranteed NBA contract.

What's all this about saying I'm God or something.
                      Do note the historical significance if Kai does this , 1st in SEA, maybe less than 5 Asians have done this this is already so rare after a rough underwhelming last 3 years for Kai.

Technically it's possible next year Kai will play like a young Jokic , or you can be the next person to fly to the moon..(yes technically nothing is impossible).
                      But the likelihood of the same person who people have seen and play making a 180 degree turnaround is not likely. Again he's not showing the steep learning curve .. .
                      It's foolishness to say if only next year Kai will play Jokic he has a chance that 's plain silly based on information
                      What's up with the moon lol

Speaking of the moon, before people talk crazy stuffs about USA etc wanting to land in the moon then there goes

the crazy stubborn humankind landing in the moon and even who knows maybe beyond the moon lol

So tell me, based on your historical/past data would you say they were crazy before that things like flying to moon will never happen? lol

Like what I've been telling you..if all stars align my friend..if all stars align haha

Accept the fact already that your analysis based on historical/past data alone is irrelevant haha

Comment

• Around 60 of the 500 plus NBA players were under 10 day contracts , that's around 10 %. I think there is a reasonable chance( around 40 %) Kai will get a 10 day contract in the next 5 to 8 years ..
                        While may seem trivial to some, it's actually quite an achievement given Kai's past 3 years... remember very few Asians ever play a single regular season NBA game

Comment

• ^^

No it's NOT irrelevant, I got Kai securing less than 2 % chance of landing a guaranteed contract. While that may seem too low, it's actually in real context about right , given 1, how hard it is to secure one and 2
                          Kais recent 3 year history.. NOT irrelevant at all.

As to you flying to the moon , it's. 0001 % of Kai's 2 % chance... historical precedence of how long it takes to train astronauts and if they recruit them.from Philippines is all relevant information to guide probability chances . NOT Irrelevant at all.
                          Remember we're not talking about a 1st human to land in moon, we're talking about you CJ flying to the moon
                          Last edited by DAdmiral; 11-29-2022, 03:02 AM.

Comment

^^

No it's NOT irrelevant, I got Kai securing less than 2 % chance of landing a guaranteed contract. While that may seem too low, it's actually in real context about right , given 1, how hard it is to secure one and 2
                            Kais recent 3 year history.. NOT irrelevant at all.

As to you flying to the moon , it's. 0001 % of Kai's 2 % chance... historical precedence of how long it takes to train astronauts and if they recruit them.from Philippines is all relevant information to guide probability chances . NOT Irrelevant at all.
                            Remember we're not talking about a 1st human to land in moon, we're talking about you CJ flying to the moon
                            No matter how the probability is you're still wrong in saying this:

FIBA Kai is a yes, NBA Kai is a no lol

That is all that I'm trying to point out. That you my friend calling the end of Kai's NBA dream, then followed by you posting several times about the past

listed 100 players blah blah blah.

To be respectable, you could or should have posted your research past historical data and whatnot

but don't go to the point wherein you already concluded that NBA Kai is never gonna happen lol

You should stop right there my friend haha

You said the fish(Kai) is only going to swim in the pond(FIBA) but never in the ocean(NBA) lol

Comment

• Originally posted by coach cj View Post
                              No matter how the probability is you're still wrong in saying this:

You said the fish(Kai) is only going to swim in the pond(FIBA) but never in the ocean(NBA) lol
                              There is noting wrong at all to forecast Kai has less than 2 % chance of guranteed contract based on historical data that ZERO who entered into draft who wasn't invited to the pre-draft camps from 2016 to present who got to sign to a GUARANTEED NBA contract" Nothing wrong at all

2 % is not zero or impossible
                              Last edited by analyzed; 11-29-2022, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                                There is noting wrong at all to forecast Kai has less than 2 % chance of guranteed contract based on historical data that ZERO who entered into draft who wasn't invited to the pre-draft camps from 2016 to present who got to sign to a GUARANTEED NBA contract" Nothing wrong at all

2 % is not zero or impossible
                                Why the change of tone David you've already said over and over again before that NBA Kai is never going to happen as in zero "nada" no chance lol

Also why do you have two IBN accounts David? Do you have two persona haha? Just asking don't be offended haha

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information