No announcement yet.

Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottomline is was Kai assessed to be a next star player or not . That s the Bottomline, everything else is irrelevant .
    If you want to belive that, that's up to you .
    Not a.single NBL team and the NBL itself didn't even consider that that.
    Go ahead and believe that

Comment

• Originally posted by spidey102279
      "offered and sought by many nbl teams" according to you, then you suddenly change tune to offered by ewp. lol
      Yes it's common sense. If you want to fault my mistakes in words go ahead. I'm at fault
      It's irrelevant to what matters. He was assessed and didn't qualify, nothing else to discuss or matters

Comment

• Infairness kay analyzed nakaka-bilib talaga lakas ng loob kahit laging sablay Go parin... ako na nahihiya for him kaso siya walang hiya e lol.

Comment

• read again

"But some tried to use the next star privilege to sign him, which failed. This is confirmed by at least 3 people from different teams , CJ included"

3 people confirming including CJ that Kai was assessed by the NBL , does not mean he was assessed 3 times by the NbL.
          Simple comprehension ..

Comment

• Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
              Kai ranked at 17th
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
                Kai ranked at 17th
                Nice! Does anyone here have a subscription? It would be great to know the contents of the scouting report. I have faith that Kai will hopefully move higher as the season progresses hehe.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                  17th among internationals class of 2002 that's something we are happy about, really?
                  Of course, what do you expect, man? Kai did not have as many games as these other prospects. It is a good start.

He has only played 5 FIBA senior games, unlike guys like Mojave who had a full NBL season, unless you think that those 5 games justify a higher ranking.

He is still ranked 17th despite that fact, which means a lot. His rank would have been higher if he had joined the U-19 for sure or if he had played in the G league. Doesn’t this placing just prove that he is a legit NBA prospect?
                  Last edited by Stevy; 09-22-2021, 12:45 AM.

Comment

How many of them ranked above kai has played in a senior fiba tournament let alone against a senior serbian team, matchup against the last world cup's top scorer and most efficient player? I see a few who's played a couple and average 5 pts and 3.Something. Unfortunately not many has played in the world u19 too. For one, strazel did at age 19 and his numbers weren't even as impressive as that of 17yo kai sotto. Diop, he played a bit better but he was perhaps the oldest in the u19 tournament being born on January. And don't tell me mojave playing a full season in the NBL is what had him above Kai. That kid averaged 4 pts according to Analyzed lol. His higher ranking is definitely because of hus previous games, mayhe from a couple of years ago. So, why Shouldn't that apply to kai as well. Now, tell me, should we he happy with 17
                    Kai performed well enough to be ranked like that, especially with a smaller sample size than the rest of the guys. If he had a larger sample size, like if he was part of the Ignite, the U19 and the Asia Cup had continued as scheduled, his stock would have been much higher. I don’t know of any other prospect on that list who had the same number of games as Kai (5) and was placed quite high (I view it as a positive thing!).

Diop and Strazel may not have been that impressive in the U-19s, but they each played full seasons in Liga ACB and LNB respectively. *There is nothing much to work with in 5 games, even if he faced the toughest competition FIBA could offer, while other prospects on that list had more games and the quality of their leagues is very good. His ranking for now is reasonable and is not set in stone. He will get higher.

Kai will have the same opportunity as the other guys listed higher than him in a few months. I don't want to get into the King argument between you and Dadmiral, but I think everyone in this thread can agree that King had a promising season in the NBL. His performance led to his ranking. If Kai had King's situation, it would be the same for me. Besides that, to be frank, while Kai performed well in 5 FIBA Senior games, he also showed some inconsistencies (3pt shooting, I believe that he is a better shooter than Kouame but he didn't hit a single one in 5 games) and (defended Boban better than Prosper). With such a small sample size, any NBA prospect in the world's draft stock will suffer.

If you ask me, I am happy with the ranking. I believe it is fair and Kai is more than capable of raising his stock also. Of course, depending on how high someone is on Kai. This assessment may be viewed positively or negatively. If you don't like the ranking, then it is okay. We can all share different opinions.

Comment

I see we are about quantity over quality here. Diop has been averaging 3 pts and 2.2 rebounds and I'm not even sure if that's against the main division of the euro League , im not well versed with that. Strazel on the other hand averaged 5.6 pts but i see games were against u21, u18 teams. Seems to me he's playing pro but in the juniors. And Mojave, 4 pts a game according to Analyzed, definitely, it's prior to the NBL why he's ranked highly.

Maybe you didn’t know, but Strazel has been playing in the senior division of LNB since 2019. Dude has even played in the Euroleague while Diop was in Liga ACB as well. It is not about quality or quantity but both. If King had only played 5 games in the NBL and had poor performances, he wouldn’t be on the list. However, he did have a full season where he had highs and lows, and etc.

Comment

How low were the lows that he ended up averaging 4 a a game (according to Analyzed)? As per strazel, 5.6 this season, 3.2 in the previous one. I don't see quality here but quantity. https://www.proballers.com/basketbal...atthew-strazel

And Diop's 3pts and 2 rebs a game?

And these are the giys in the top 10. I wonder how worse could the 11th to 16th be.
                        I think Dadmiral was too focused on proving a point when you guys debated about King. Obviously, we all know that King had better stats than that. He also had a breakout game (25 pts) like you said in earlier posts.

The LNB is a really tough world league and is one of the premier leagues in Europe, and we already know how good the Euroleague is. This site is better. It includes his Euroleague stats, and like Mojave, he had some promising games as well (17pts in LNB, 9 pts in Euro League).

Matthew Strazel - Career stats, game logs, leaderboard appearances, awards, and achievements for international club and tournament play

For Diop, he is facing bigs in Liga ACB and, like Strazel, has already played in the Euroleague.

Khalifa Diop - Career stats, game logs, leaderboard appearances, awards, and achievements for international club and tournament play

I know that their stats are not that impressive but these leagues are tough. They also still have a few years to increase their NBA stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                          Thanks. Two world imports plus the Asian import plus a naturalized and then the team’s top local can make for a formidable unit on the floor. Of course not every team has neither a naturalized nor an Asian import, but those who do could really enjoy a significant edge.

For the sake of our players, teams better be stronger this season than it was before.
                          No, the Asian quota covers the Asian imports and naturalized players. Because of having Thirdy, San-en cannot sign a naturalized player: https://www.spin.ph/basketball/more-...a2437-20200625

Comment

Yes, it's a very tough League and with tough big men but still, 3 a game? If that was Kai, for sure, IBN will explode with pang PBA lng yan etc. But kai has faced Boban, ratliffe and even the reigning ABA MVP, Petrusev. Strazel, again, 5.6 a game as a pro. If you want better numbers for him then it's at the u19. Still, that's not better than thst of 17yo Sotto.

And re mojave, yeah, analyzed lied. He always does. Basta lng maibaba si kai. But then, 6.2 aint that much better than 4 and that , i am sure, isn't why he's ranked 2nd. He was scoring heavily in the junior tournaments. I bet he was ranked higher in the mocks before his NBL stint.
                            If Kai had those numbers in Europe, only ignorant folks or Kai haters would downplay those stats. Honestly, I would be happy if Kai had Strazel's situation right now and averaged 5 pts, 5 rebs or whatever because no doubt he would be in the NBA right now. Kai's performances in the U19 before did matter, which was why Kai was once in the NBA mock draft. However, I do think that scouts are looking into the most recent performances more than past years, this is just my opinion.

For context, Bender, despite having only a 2 point average in the Euroleague, was the 5th pick in the NBA. That's just the reality of the rankings. The performances in these top leagues matter a lot in the eyes of scouts and NBA teams. I am not saying that the 5 FIBA Senior games don't matter; they do, but the sample size is just too low.

Who knows? If it was 15-20 FIBA senior games, Kai would have had a breakout game like King? That's why sample sizes matter and I also would have liked them to see that Kai is a better shooter than the 5 games he had. If Kai averaged 7 & 7 this NBL season, I think it is good enough for the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by leoisiah View Post
                              No, the Asian quota covers the Asian imports and naturalized players. Because of having Thirdy, San-en cannot sign a naturalized player: https://www.spin.ph/basketball/more-...a2437-20200625
                              Thanks bro. Quite logical since there are not a lot of naturalized to go around.
                              Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

"The performances in these top leagues matter a lot in the eyes of scouts" then they were much impressed with his 2 pts a game, that's what you're saying? His 2 a game was his ticket to the NBA and Diop's 3 a game and strazels 5 should also be their tickets as what that mock also suggests? You actually mean, it doesn't matter the performance, all you have do is be in the euro League. Or maybe Bender played better in the fiba age groups? Maybe that was his ticket not his 2 a gsme in the euro League.
                                These stats may seem insignificant, but they are against the best European players, like De Colo, Mirotic, Micic, and you still have those imports like Larkin, etc. The talent in the Euroleague is the second best collection of basketball talents. The strongest players outside the NBA from Serbia, Spain, France, etc.

You have to take this in consideration and not only the U19. A promising season in a top European league, a recent good performance in FIBA youth, is better than 5 good senior FIBA games. They simply had more quality games than Kai and it is also not yet final. Kai can still move up in the rankings in a few months. Unfortunately, he did not have the luxury (could have been games in Ignite, FIBA U-19) that these guys have..

Just imagine the players in their leagues and the Euroleague. Just look at the rosters of these teams in the Euroleague. It is not far from the OQT team in Serbia, but these teams are definitely better than Korea, Indonesia, and the DR. If Strazel and Diop had Kai’s situation right now, it would be the same story in my opinion. For bender, you can look at what he did in the juniors. I have already done my part. We can have different opinions here, and it is up to you if you value his FIBA performances more.

If you ask me if Kai is better than Diop, I would say yes. However, for the rankings, I believe Diop did a lot more collectively and his ranking is justified compared to Kai's 5 games. Let's just wait for the NBL season to be over and look back at this. I would read Kai's scouting report if I could, but I am not paying 900 dollars to view it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information