Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 24

Fun trivia: Virtually every Fener fan (except for janketa I guess?) is focused on Fener - Galatasaray football match tomorrow, discussion about the Zenit game is nearly non-existent in my social circles lol
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Fun trivia: Virtually every Fener fan (except for janketa I guess?) is focused on Fener - Galatasaray football match tomorrow, discussion about the Zenit game is nearly non-existent in my social circles lol
    You are right, I think in this moment only about tonight game, which is (as I already wrote) the most important for us from various reasons.

Football isn't in my focus and that rivalry. I am not football fan though I know much more about football then many so called football fans. When football branch starts to follow basketball steps and do something that is so obvious I will make some comments about that.

We are country with two semis in WC and EC, with great football arenas and large football base, but still we are province of top football club competitions. Incompetent people and managements rule the show and I don't like it.

BTW My son is big football fan and he watches every Fener game, he isn't interested in basketball at all.

Two games and 3 main candidates for the title.

Efes was superior the whole game thanks to Larkin's effort. It's not visible through his numbers, but anyone who watched the game could notice his energy and desire is starting to come back.
    Still Barca is favorite NO1 and the most powerful roster. It's nonsence to glorify Moerman's performance(like it's said in previous post), regarding that Singleton had better contribution for less minutes on the court and bigger impact on the final result. Just basketball ignorant could say that Moerman did anything crutial for Efes in that game.
    Sanli was the key player(beside Micic and Larkin of course) for the Efes and again he showed why is the most underrated Turkish player.

In other game Valencia won, thanks to great players Prepelic and Hermannsson, but especially Kalinic who played one of the most mature games ever.
    Key moment was when Ponsarnau kicked off Williams who started to blow up all efforts of other players.
    It's similar situation like last season Fener, Valencia could do better but this is their limit, last night they won but next game Williams will be on the court in last minutes and will do the same like he did to us in many games.

You must not be in Toruko's social circle then. They're all focused on the upcoming clash between Duzce and Konyaspor in the TBL.

Thomas 13, Rivers 8, other Zenit players at 4 points in the 1st Q. Interesting.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Let's go Zenit! Time to solidify that playoff spot

Feners defense is shit. Guduric should pull himself together. Is still a bad defender and gets beaten up in iso plays too easily

The protection of De Colo on both sides of the floor is a scandal since CSKA days. This is simply incredible.

Kokoskovs playbook is really amazingly huge. What a set play hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    The protection of De Colo on both sides of the floor is a scandal since CSKA days. This is simply incredible.
    it's only logical really - he's one of the best players in Euroleague...NBA makes sure to protect their superstars and they don't even try to hide this fact, so why wouldn't Euroleague, especially knowing that they try to emulate NBA model so much

Lets see what set play koko will come up with. I guess a mid ranger of Vesely again.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    It was worse with CSKA, just a exhalation was needed to call a foul for him. He doesnt get these foul calls with FB.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    it's only logical really - he's one of the best players in Euroleague...NBA makes sure to protect their superstars and they don't even try to hide this fact, so why wouldn't Euroleague, especially knowing that they try to emulate NBA model so much
    That's one of the worst things about NBA. De Colo should be protected from dirty screens and handchecks but not getting free throws for annoying leaning in defenders by penetrating. And most importantly if so he should be called for rotation movements in defense with contact as he is a polar bear that gets fouls for even being touched. Same goes for Larkin, Micić, James. They are getting way too many undeserved free throws.

Default Lemonica and his assistant referee should quit refereeing

I don't know what Lemonica's problem with Fenerbahce is. Mistakes are always welcome, but when you know that something is not a "mistake" then it stinks. At the early moments of the game K.C.Rivers hits M.Guduric's face with his right hand. Lemonica and assistant referee go watch the position over and over again. It is a crystal clear unsportsmanlike foul and you just wonder what they are still reviewing. Then after a long time they come back saying it is a regular foul!!!!! Come on, what needs to be done to be committed as an unsportsmanlike foul? Even in a soccer game that warrants a yellow card! Lemonica has this negative bias for Fenerbahce for a long time
    İzmir’in dağlarında çiçekler açar
    Altın güneş orda sırmalar saçar
    Bozulmuş düşmanlar yel gibi kaçar
    Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa
    Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa!

Today I learned that boxing out is foul, thanks to the best Euroleague referee ever Lamonica
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Today I learned that boxing out is foul, thanks to the best Euroleague referee ever Lamonica
    Well, Barthel pushed Gudaitis with his hands a bit.

In Zenit Thomas is very good. And the whole team is working hard. But unfortunately Fener looks better so far.

Quote Originally Posted by iraz View Post
    In Zenit Thomas is very good. And the whole team is working hard. But unfortunately Fener looks better so far.
    and that's why I support Zenit - they are total opposite of CSKA, who rely only on individual talent to win games

Gudaitis ft shots look so ugly but he makes them.

Great game. Zenit is a good team but their preference to completely kill the pace of a game is so annoying lol. That 17-1 run was so satisfying to watch.

Guduric and De Colo not being true PGs gave some scare at the end, but great after-timeout play design by Kokoskov finished the game thankfully.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast