Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 24

Default Euroleague Regular Season: Week 24

04 Feb 2021

20:00 Zalgiris Kaunas - Crvena zvezda (postponed)
    21:05 Maccabi Tel Aviv - Khimki M. (postponed)
    22:00 Barcelona - Anadolu Efes
    22:00 Valencia - CSKA Moscow

05 Feb 2021

19:45 Fenerbahce - Zenit
    21:00 Olympiacos - Panathinaikos
    21:30 Bayern - Alba Berlin
    21:45 Asvel - Olimpia Milano
    22:00 Real Madrid - Baskonia

So what is situation in Zvezda that game had to be postponed? At first only 2 players were announced to be positive. More cases after another testing or the rest had to go on quarantine?

There are informations about 4 COVID cases in zvezda (2 players, 2 coaching staff). No names.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    There are informations about 4 COVID cases in zvezda. No names.
    Yeah, mate, read about it in your media yesterday, 2 players and 2 staff members, but wondering why the game had to be suspended? The rest is on quarantine or some new info appeared? A bit too lazy to check your media again

As far as I understand there will be re-test procedures. But EL canceled game (EL medicine staff) made the decision for postponement.

As far as I understand there will be re-test procedures. But EL canceled game (EL medicine staff) made the decision for postponement.
    Ok, so it makes things a bit more clear then, probably no time for all that procedures, then flight and etc. Thnx

Zalgiris Kaunas - Crvena zvezda (postponed) 60-40 if they were to play.
    Maccabi Tel Aviv - Khimki M. (postponed) 80-20 if they were to play....Will repick these postponed games right before they play them in case injuries change the situation by then.....
    Barcelona - Anadolu Efes 51-49
    Valencia - CSKA Moscow 51-49

05 Feb 2021

Fenerbahce - Zenit 52-48
    Olympiacos - Panathinaikos 55-45
    Bayern - Alba Berlin 52-48
    Asvel - Olimpia Milano 45-55
    Real Madrid - Baskonia 51-49

125-79 for the year....Was 0-5 Friday..Probably my worst day since i started doing this.....

Barca is huge favorite against Efes without Larkin. With him it could be closer but still Barca is favorite.
    CSKA with James is always favorite against team where Williams is one of main players.
    Fenerbahce with Guduric is favorite against Zenit, even without him we could win but only if Eddie take bigger role and not Ulanovas or Melih.
    Oly should win now when Nedovic is injured
    Bayern is big favorite, especially after Lucic and DJedovic come back.
    Milano should win but with Asvel you never know
    Real will win against Baskonia, though I hope they won't

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Barca is huge favorite against Efes without Larkin. With him it could be closer but still Barca is favorite.
    CSKA with James is always favorite against team where Williams is one of main players.
    Fenerbahce with Guduric is favorite against Zenit, even without him we could win but only if Eddie take bigger role and not Ulanovas or Melih.
    Oly should win now when Nedovic is injured
    Bayern is big favorite, especially after Lucic and DJedovic come back.
    Milano should win but with Asvel you never know
    Real will win against Baskonia, though I hope they won't
    If it's confirmed that Larkin is out i'll change the percentages on my pick.......The full injury report for all teams should be up on the official site pretty soon.....

This first half of Barca - Efes was really fun to watch.

More free basketball.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019

and right on cue, despite naughty Mikey's 37 point lone effort, the reds still succumb to spanish inquisition...

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    and right on cue, despite naughty Mikey's 37 point lone effort, the reds still succumb to spanish inquisition...
    CSKA lost 2 double OTs this year. And twice Mine missed for the win. He took 27 shots. Mike Shved

What a game in Valencia but idc.

Efes won a very important game and although Larkin made two steps back physically and every barca matchup blocked his strong left side he made very crucial shots. You cant beat Efes with 3 playmaker on the court by taking out one guy. Micic played a great first half, Moerman was very crucial in rebounding and Sanli, this goofy guy knew exactly where to stay and his knew also the only chance making points was to dunk the ball near the rim. He also defended Davis very well. I promise i wont hate on him anymore if he plays aggressively like this.

Nevertheless, Efes needs another big. Dunstons decline is a huge problem and you cant trust Sanli or Pleiss either. I liked the way Efes played and how focussed they were as a team. I didnt expect a win in Barcelona, its an extra win but Efes needs at least 10 wins of the last 12 games. Its the strongest team of EL with Barcelona.

Tomorrow a win of Fener and everything will be fine.

...even with a low form, Larkin still makes huge differences in Barca games. Seems he created a Shane-phobia on Barca players. I didn't watched the game cause i was a bit sure of Barca win, but of course so happy with the result. Well done Şanlı, go on... and Ataman's words after the game showed that he's in Lamborghini-mod again. Today's Zenit game will be very hard for Fener, a must win game, good luck. (A fan needed game)

A huge breakdown of Efes' offensive playbook:

https://team.fastmodelsports.com/wp-...55-371x360.png

"Stagger" me, baby!
    But they play it to perfection. Those back screens are really great to free shooters and Efes is really ultra-aggressively attacking the offensive glass. Every coach has it's own philosophy in that regards but Barca is big and everything but weak undisciplined in boxing out, Efes really went continuosly with 2 players on the boards. At least this ultra annoying 5-out offenses were limited because they are pretty useless against a team like Barca. Saras looked in 2nd half outcoached by Ataman, in fact just three point shot of Barca made this game close. Clean victory of Ataman with very easy principles. That's the point with talent.

Quite an impressive win for Efes, their focus and determination were day and night compared to Barça. Barça only stayed alive with the difference in the 3pt shooting. They focused on preventing Efes 3pt shots but in return couldn't collect the rebounds. Individual performances from Efes players like Şanlı were on point. On the other end of the floor Efes tried to make Calathes beat them and it works. Even when he makes the odd 3 pointer here and there, when it's Calathes trying to beat you by scoring you have succeeded as an offense. I agree that Saras got outcoached by Ataman, which is not cool for him

The other game was crazy, I wanted CSKA to win since Valencia is a playoff candidate. They could have done it but clutch low-post plays from Kalinic and lack of inside defense killed CSKA.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

I had yesterday same impression about Kalinic. Just watched the late 4th Q and OT but after watching a lot of Valencia because I like their style of play I have the feeling that he is this year the best conventional low post player in Europe. He improved in the last years steadily in that regard and I have impression that he can beat all players 1 on 1 if you clean ballside for him to attack defender in lowpost, not just that he can, he does in ACB and EL. Not important if same size, bigger or smaller. I read here often that Ulanovas is one of best back-to-basket player in Europe (after I read this here I tried to catch more focus on that and yeah it's true, Edgaras especially in missmatches really is great in 1 on 1 back to basket, you can book points in that regard and I understand why some Lithuanians claim that Kokoskov is calling that play way to rarely, there is truth in that one) but if I compare him to Kalinic he looks worse both in attacking with face and back to basket in low post.

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Quite an impressive win for Efes, their focus and determination were day and night compared to Barça. Barça only stayed alive with the difference in the 3pt shooting. They focused on preventing Efes 3pt shots but in return couldn't collect the rebounds. Individual performances from Efes players like Şanlı were on point. On the other end of the floor Efes tried to make Calathes beat them and it works. Even when he makes the odd 3 pointer here and there, when it's Calathes trying to beat you by scoring you have succeeded as an offense. I agree that Saras got outcoached by Ataman, which is not cool for him

The other game was crazy, I wanted CSKA to win since Valencia is a playoff candidate. They could have done it but clutch low-post plays from Kalinic and lack of inside defense killed CSKA.
    Yeah, I also rooted for CSKA for the same reason. These extra wins for direct rivals isn't good. Did a bit simulation yesterday and I guess Efes will run away what so ever, Zenit, Milan also should as much as this season can be predictable. So it's more or less 5-6 teams which will fight for remaining 2 PO berths: we (Zalgiris and Fener), Maccabi, Valencia, Oly, Bayern and most likely 19 wins will be needed to make it, at least. Tonight PAO and Alba wins could make life easier for us But again, with no home court advantage, other circumstances everything can change fast enough

I had yesterday same impression about Kalinic. Just watched the late 4th Q and OT but after watching a lot of Valencia because I like their style of play I have the feeling that he is this year the best conventional low post player in Europe. He improved in the last years steadily in that regard and I have impression that he can beat all players 1 on 1 if you clean ballside for him to attack defender in lowpost, not just that he can, he does in ACB and EL. Not important if same size, bigger or smaller. I read here often that Ulanovas is one of best back-to-basket player in Europe (after I read this here I tried to catch more focus on that and yeah it's true, Edgaras especially in missmatches really is great in 1 on 1 back to basket, you can book points in that regard and I understand why some Lithuanians claim that Kokoskov is calling that play way to rarely, there is truth in that one) but if I compare him to Kalinic he looks worse both in attacking with face and back to basket in low post.
    In back to basket moments, Kalinic is faster with taking a decision, at least yesterday there were some moments like that, when he had a mismatch situation. Ulanovas at times is a bit too slow with that, not that aggressive, but when he is - it's points, drawn foul or missed shot

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast