Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 145

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 21 And Makeup Games

  1. #41
    Senior Member iraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    484
    Country: Russian Federation

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Well, annoying loss but ok the important point is to be in shape near playoffs. Its just annoying that the guys sleep in the first half and start playing in the second one. It was the same the last 2-3 games. Zenit is a good team but lacks quality they are not a problem in normal circumstances but Efes must buy a big for this season. Dunston cant keep this up the whole season, also couple of changes are needed like Simon next season etc.
    Zenit is a good team in any circumstances. And very well coached. They are just short in rotation - need one more pg and a bigman. But they played beautifully against Efes, I really enjoyed the game. Efes did not impress at all. Seems like smth has broken since last year. Less motivation? Or maybe Larkin playes through pain, as they say.

    Also congratulations to Maccabi. Hard won victory!

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,730
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iraz View Post
    Zenit is a good team in any circumstances. And very well coached. They are just short in rotation - need one more pg and a bigman. But they played beautifully against Efes, I really enjoyed the game. Efes did not impress at all. Seems like smth has broken since last year. Less motivation? Or maybe Larkin playes through pain, as they say.

    Also congratulations to Maccabi. Hard won victory!
    I hope you also watched the 100 totally uncontested shots of Efes. Zenit is a solid team with clear roles but its capacity is more than restricted. Even a horrible Efes was about to catch Zenit and I said nothing more or less than this. Enjoy the outcome. Efes faced many losses in terms of players and many of the guys are far away of what they can perform. I am sure that they will reach their highest points near the playoffs.

  3. #43
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Are you sure it was last season or you might said he was the best player in Euroleague only 1 month ago?
    You don't need to go back one month ago. I think that in this moment too, I was clear. But if you ask is his performance the best in EL, of course not, he plays without passion for basketball.

  4. #44
    Senior Member vivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,375
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    I think we will lose to CSKA today yet it's funny that they were our closest loss out of all 10, with 77-78
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

  5. #45
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    6,029
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    I think we will lose to CSKA today yet it's funny that they were our closest loss out of all 10, with 77-78
    What if James won't play?
    previously known as Beno

  6. #46
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Logical assumption for tonight game is that we will lose. CSKA is 1st with 5 more wins then us and they play on homecourt with fans.

    But, there are two factors that could change outcome maybe. They miss Clyburn who saved them in first game, maybe Hacket too who is very important player in Itoudis system.

    But at the end it all depends from Kokoskov's approach for this game. If he limit Ulanovas and Melih under 10 minutes I could sign that it will be close game. Eddie shooted 6/6 in first game and he is decent defender, just like Pierre, they are not the greatest players on the world but both are fighters. We should use them more then usual.

    Also it's question how we will defend Voightman shoots from pick and pop, Vesely could do that but then Milutinov will enjoy the party under baskets vs our small forwards.

    This game is much more important for Fener then for CSKA. 55:45 if we play our usual system, 50:50 if Kokoskov set roles for hard defensive game.

  7. #47
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    I would like to ask Maccabi friends here, when games will be played in front of fans? Considering very fast tempo of vaccination in your country, I suppose it will be soon.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,408
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iraz View Post
    Zenit is a good team in any circumstances. And very well coached. They are just short in rotation - need one more pg and a bigman. But they played beautifully against Efes, I really enjoyed the game. Efes did not impress at all. Seems like smth has broken since last year. Less motivation? Or maybe Larkin playes through pain, as they say.

    Also congratulations to Maccabi. Hard won victory!
    Didn't they sign Tarik Black?
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019

  9. #49
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    6,029
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Cska has 101.7 ORAT with James and 90.6 without him.
    previously known as Beno

  10. #50
    Senior Member edvinas9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,078
    Country: Argentina

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Logical assumption for tonight game is that we will lose. CSKA is 1st with 5 more wins then us and they play on homecourt with fans.

    But, there are two factors that could change outcome maybe. They miss Clyburn who saved them in first game, maybe Hacket too who is very important player in Itoudis system.

    But at the end it all depends from Kokoskov's approach for this game. If he limit Ulanovas and Melih under 10 minutes I could sign that it will be close game. Eddie shooted 6/6 in first game and he is decent defender, just like Pierre, they are not the greatest players on the world but both are fighters. We should use them more then usual.

    Also it's question how we will defend Voightman shoots from pick and pop, Vesely could do that but then Milutinov will enjoy the party under baskets vs our small forwards.

    This game is much more important for Fener then for CSKA. 55:45 if we play our usual system, 50:50 if Kokoskov set roles for hard defensive game.
    Hackett and Clyburn, both GTD against Fener.

  11. #51
    Senior Member iraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    484
    Country: Russian Federation

    Default

    For now, it looks like Hackett will play, but James is very doubtful. If he does not play it will be more difficult to win, but I think we'll cope somehow I have nothing against an overtime.
    Itoudis said the team should play at the edge. I can't agree with him. If James is not totally ok, he'd better not play.

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,408
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iraz View Post
    For now, it looks like Hackett will play, but James is very doubtful. If he does not play it will be more difficult to win, but I think we'll cope somehow I have nothing against an overtime.
    Itoudis said the team should play at the edge. I can't agree with him. If James is not totally ok, he'd better not play.
    Looks like he will be available, but you are right CSKA is in great shape with their record and should be cautious.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019

  13. #53
    Senior Member edvinas9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,078
    Country: Argentina

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iraz View Post
    For now, it looks like Hackett will play, but James is very doubtful. If he does not play it will be more difficult to win, but I think we'll cope somehow I have nothing against an overtime.
    Itoudis said the team should play at the edge. I can't agree with him. If James is not totally ok, he'd better not play.
    Keep us updated if you'll get any further information on their status.

  14. #54
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,186
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Saw both James and Hackett warming up during CSKA live pre-game show


  15. #55
    Senior Member edvinas9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,078
    Country: Argentina

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Saw both James and Hackett warming up during CSKA live pre-game show
    Regarding Itoudis comment before the game, both Hackett and James are on the roster for tonight's game. Clyburn out.

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,730
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Eddie is not only slow legged he is also dumb. What an idiotic position. Then he really believes that he can stop shengelia from scoring and fouls him on top. Such an idiot.

  17. #57
    Senior Member vivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,375
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    I lol'd at De Colo & Vesely doing the same alley oop set twice in 2 minutes against Milutinov

    Edit: That was a great offense at the end of the half. Well done Kokoskov in the first half overall.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,228
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    This spanish pick from De Colo was sold to CSKA 3 times in the first half. Knowing Itoudis he is close to heart attack because of this

    Very good game of Fener.

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,730
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    We were told that Pierres weakness was his shot but he drills them with high percentage. Ok, it looks a bit broken but who cares if they go in.

  20. #60
    Senior Member vivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,375
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    We were told that Pierres weakness was his shot but he drills them with high percentage. Ok, it looks a bit broken but who cares if they go in.
    If I remember correctly he hit them something like 50% in Italy. He doesn't shoot off the dribble, selects his shots well, and drills them well.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •