2021 NBA Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 NBA Season

I didn't know where to put my impressions and hope that admins are okay if I open a new thread for our season impressions of 2021.

I have a few words about Campazzo. People, like when Teo went overseas, were pretty divided with their expectations. From "he will drastically fail" to "he will kick their asses, be a starter and he is the missing piece for Denver to exonerate burden from Jokic's shoulders an make him even more effective in the low post". I have to admit I was and am an advocate of the first variation because I simply cannot see what he can deliver in nowadays NBA without being hurt three times as much at the defensive ends even if it works out .

It's way too early to draw conclusions, I know that (I want to say that at the beginning). It's unfair to have some impressions maybe already. But...

What is the plan he has in the NBA? Denver wants to use him as a shooting guard? He is dying when he is bumping into screens, then standing behind the three point line and waiting for a shot even everyone knows that he is everything but a constand shooter. By attacking the paint he will have to rely on screens, otherwise impossible. They will start to hedge on him pretty soon what will additoinally hurt him.

Second thing is - in Denver's offense ball has to touch Jokic or Murray at least once per offense. The 10 minuten when they are not playing Morris is a point guard that operates through P'n'R and is heavily ball-dependend, he has literally no offball game except spot up shooting - where is here Campazzo's role?

There was a situation that was quite interesting yesterday. Jokic tries to receive ball on high post, you all know this situation where he attacks with face or back to the basket on a really far away post situation from the basket, literally at the three point line. LAC realizes how useless Campazzo would be in attacking the basket and his defender is standing on Jokic's toes, as Facu lost dribble he has to try the pass anyway and it results in a TO. A small detail but just to show how teams started to exploit this ni the first games in the season and to prove my theory .

It's not okay that I am writing this after two games because I like watching Denver a lot and it's my favourite team in the Western Conference but this project with Facu in NBA will be very very difficult to achieve.

Denver is a totally dybalanced team. Some kind of Fener of the NBA that destroyed a well working core with idiotic trades and market decisions and Facu is far from being their worst problem but as he was the biggest assets of us "internationals" in the NBA this year this one really stands out to me.

PS: Karnisovas is a gigantic loss for Denver. Booth was his assistent but building such a roster, giving away all defenders and trying to create a second unit out of Campazzo, African Boban Bol Bol, totally lost Hartenstein and ballhog Will Barton is something really extraordinary crazy. I think a lot of Denver fans will get headache. They have to go for big trade assets or will even struggle for play off fight. Jokic, Murray and Porter will have to play all game nearly full minutes if they want to have any chance in serious games vs serious opponents. For long time noone did not selfdestroy himself that much in free agency like Denver in 2025. I expected the last missing pieces for a valuable try to attack the ring the next 2 years as Jokic and Murray are heading into their prime. They won't get a shot like this ever again but it seems that giving away all at least semi-valuable defenders has destroyed this good and interesting project totally.

Other impressions:

- Nets are incredibly strong and deep.
    - Lakers and Clippers class of their own in the West
    - East seems stronger than ever in last 25 years
    - GSW won't make playoffs
    Cheers to all NBA fanatics.

Nets make this season more interesting. If someone can really challenge Lakers (or even Clippers) from the east, it's Nets.

I like Indiana's starting 5. Brogdon, Oladipo, Warren, Sabonis, Turner. Bench could be tougher, but healthy Indiana will be interestin in PO. Bjorkgren made Indiana modern team.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Any impressions about Wizards until now?

I am curious about Bonga. He plays every game different position. They seem to have huge trust in his development and try him in several schemes. Good asset for future even I hadn't impression watching him that he is that good to be a borderstone of their future.

Comment

I heard very interesting opinion about Giannis from Nikola Loncar in Arena Sport's basketball talk show "u obrucu".

He claims that Giannis in this Milwaukee system is losing way too much energy in steals, rebounds, rotations and Milwaukee fails to implement his playing style perfectly to maximize his strenghts and energy level. He expects slightly but anyways some improvement from 3 point line and free throw line this year from new year ongoing. Buckalis what's your take on this one?

Comment

Problem with all those undersized guards, who are dominating in Europe is, that they simply won’t get chance to play like that in Nba. They are brought in to be role players. Nba has their own stars, who are bigger, better... They desperately need shooters nowadays. 3&D wings if possible. Campazzo is just something totally opposite, but he at least can play some D, he needs some luck with other people injuries and he might have a chance with second unit. Players like Larkin and James are totally useless there. Any first round draft pick will get more opportunities than those kind of players.

I believe this Covid season is and will be totally unpredictable. This looks more like pick-up games, results very unpredictable.
          Last edited by Killer Bob; 12-29-2020, 09:42 AM.
          previously known as Beno

Comment

its not about such undersized guards its about almost all euroleagues elite guards who went there in mature years.

When such elite euroleague players goes to nba at age of 28 or more it doesnt work.Diffrent basketball,diffrent everything compared what they were used in euroleague.Its tough to change your mindset for such well established players from being nr 1 option to 5th guard in the team.

Jasikevicius,Spanoulis,Teodosic,Campazzo thats best of best euroleague guards,but they went to nba at that advance age and wasnt able to learn diffrent rules of basketball on the fly and that competions against afroamerican guards is very hard to survive to anybody.

Its one thing when european guards goes to nba at 20-21 sits couple years on bench ,learns nba things,culture and then gets chance and use it like Dragic,Parker

For european big men is way easier in nba.Nba clubs always will use skill big men ,because they have limited number of big men from usa. But athletic skilled afroamerican guards usa basketball have enough for everybody nba,for euroleague,for uleb,acb and so on
            Last edited by Shawshank; 12-29-2020, 10:54 AM.

Comment

To some degree, yes, but Calderon is better example than the freaks of the nature Parker, Dragic or Marciulionis. Those three had elite athleticism/agility. And while early campaign matters a lot, Jasikevicius could never be a good player in NBA because you need at least satisfactory ISO defence there.
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

yeah results in first week tottaly unpredictable,lost money in betting good bets ,because shitty teams won too many games they normaly have no business winning.

Cavaliers,Magic have 3-0 is that for real?

when Bucks,Celtics, Raptors,Nuggets,Mavericks all are under 50%

When worst east team Knicks beat Bucks by 20pts i realise need to wait a month until players will get in shape
                Last edited by Shawshank; 12-29-2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

A friend of mine is diehard Knicks fan which is pretty much for psychological research for itself bu he goes through most beautiful days since Jeremy Lin had this wonder week when they won 7 games in a row if I remind well before how much - 9 years? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                    its not about such undersized guards its about almost all euroleagues elite guards who went there in mature years.

When such elite euroleague players goes to nba at age of 28 or more it doesnt work.Diffrent basketball,diffrent everything compared what they were used in euroleague.Its tough to change your mindset for such well established players from being nr 1 option to 5th guard in the team.

Jasikevicius,Spanoulis,Teodosic,Campazzo thats best of best euroleague guards,but they went to nba at that advance age and wasnt able to learn diffrent rules of basketball on the fly and that competions against afroamerican guards is very hard to survive to anybody.

Its one thing when european guards goes to nba at 20-21 sits couple years on bench ,learns nba things,culture and then gets chance and use it like Dragic,Parker

For european big men is way easier in nba.Nba clubs always will use skill big men ,because they have limited number of big men from usa. But athletic skilled afroamerican guards usa basketball have enough for everybody nba,for euroleague,for uleb,acb and so on
                    Those kind of guards are just not first options in Nba and they need to have keys of their teams or they're more or less useless in offense and D. Larkin and James(not that young) were young in NBA and they couldn't play there. Why? The same would have happened with young Saras, Spanoulis, Campazzo, Llull...Even Drazen had to change his game entirely to be successful in Nba. But he had the right body to do that. What can Campazzo do in Nba off-ball? Nothing. He's useless off-ball even in Euroleague. There just isn't any room for undersized guards in Nba nowadays unless they're phenomenal shooters.
                    previously known as Beno

Comment

Poor S.Curry all the time double triple teamed, when he finds open men they cant hit.

GSW have 2 super athletic,but brainless brothers wings in Wiggins and Oubre that cant make wide open shot even if their lives would be in danger. From three those 2 wings made 4 of 30 shots in first 3 games .

After playing with high IQ players like Iggy,Livingston,Klay,Draymong,KD and now played with with such low iq players and that neither can shoot or pass only run and jump at some point gonna make even always calm Steph Curry pissed.

Warriors for years had splash brothers, now they have brick brothers

Comment

Curry is not gonna get mad anytime soon and why would he for that matter - he knows his team is rebuilding at the moment and they are not gonna be contenders anytime soon, no matter the roster construction. He also won 3 rings in the last 6 years, so he had more than enough success with an insanely stacked team imo

Comment

I don't like dream teams / superstar teams but, oh boy...Kyrie/KD is extremely fun to watch together when they get into the zone.

Comment

Westbrick brought his triple double tallents to Washington and Wizzards started season strong 0-5.

Comment

Quality of the games is very low, defensive intensity even lower than usually at the beginning of the season.

Very difficult to watch NBA this year consistantly, I think until February roster and playing time experiments will be huge before coaches will start to settle a durable rotation.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information