No announcement yet.

2021 NBA Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Written off Batum playing nice role for the clippers so far .Ibaka is better fit for what Harrell was. I like Batum more for his minimum contract that i like crazy M.Morris for 15mln a year that is injured right now.

Ibaka + 3 long shooting wings Leonard,George,Batum together looks i would say nicely on both ends.

When Curry plays like that world of basketball is fun place to watch. Even brick brothers helped.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 01-04-2021, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I feel bad that I haven't seen this game of Steph live.

Phoenix plays very good basketball this year. Bubble was no short-term life sign, with Paul they look quite interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
        I heard very interesting opinion about Giannis from Nikola Loncar in Arena Sport's basketball talk show "u obrucu".

He claims that Giannis in this Milwaukee system is losing way too much energy in steals, rebounds, rotations and Milwaukee fails to implement his playing style perfectly to maximize his strenghts and energy level. He expects slightly but anyways some improvement from 3 point line and free throw line this year from new year ongoing. Buckalis what's your take on this one?
        Although I'm not a big fan of coach Bud's game tactics, I have to disagree for the part that he makes misuse of Giannis. Giannis is all about winning, not "Giannis winning", but "team winning".

The Bucks are now better than ever with three All-Stars among which a superstar οn Giannis, but most important, they have improved considerably their team age average and have promoted Donte Divincenzo (a rising fourth all-star for the Bucks?) to the starting line-up (that part the coach should have already done from the previous season IMO). Therefore if Giannis would be more selfish, or if he would take more action on his shoulders, that would shade Khris' and Holiday's presence in the team and would cause a more predictable game for the opponent to defend against, as well as it would perhaps make the other two stars the Bucks have in their starting roster unhappy.

In any case, I believe the addition of Portis and what seems to be a very promising good addition on drafting Nwora in the 2nd round of the draft, I believe secures the team to be among the title contenders for many-many seasons which will follow.

Comment

Nets is fun to watch,but giving every game 120pts that is not winnning in playoofs.Such sexy teams to watch who doesnt play defence usually losses in second round.

I believe Nets would be better if Durant and Harden would do their things and put around them defenders,rebounders.

Now Irving is taking more shots than Durant or Harden in every single game thats recipe for disaster.

Nash,Dantoni have to step up and do their job putting pecking order in right places until its not too late.

Comment

LBJ this season 32.7 min, 25.2 points, 7.9rb, 7.4 as 41.2% 3P%

Just saying....in 3rd gear still...we canlove him or dislike him but still the most dominant player with greatest impact in the league.

Comment

Great game Lakers in Boston. Feel bad for Theis that couldn't get the tip in for the W.

Comment

Any thoughts about our day long bubble-discussion that Gobert is defending Jokic "quite well" by receiving 30+ points from him regularly? Gobert's contract is greatest mystery in NBA to me. That guy is totaly useless in offense if he doesn't catch an alley oop pass. And his defense not so good to generate such a contract. How useless "defensive ws" rating is show me first names around Gobert on that list, Conley, Dinwiddie, Tobias Harris (big lol), Carter Williams, Kevin Love (!)...and if we look at classical defensive rating this season in Top 10 are players like Wood and second most overrated defender in NBA Montrezl Harrell. For years I am claiming that defensive stats in NBA without further stats analysis are completely usless. Also by looking at defensive real plus minus Gobert is leading but mostly out of streak that Utah has, third best Gafford, fourth best is Collins?

Anyways, Utah's series had to end, they were tired and Denver ran over them like a train.

Jokes aside, today I have first time seen Campazzo something at least called suitable for Denver. He has to build up confidence first of all. All those air balls he is throwing is more out of "respect of NBA" than normal circumstance. Don't think he will be a great factor but with games like today he will be a regular rotation player.

PS: Gotta love that one... https://twitter.com/i/status/1355960002033319943
                Quickley looks like reincarnation of Sweet Lue. Really nice shot.
                Last edited by Katastroika; 01-31-2021, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Gobert is definitely great at what he does the best as a rim protector but it's just a testiment to Jokić's offensive brilliance. He is just unstoppable...For the last few games teams are trying to defend him straight up one on one, and he just blasts them scoring in every way imaginable. Double him and he racks up 15 asissts. He even got more athletic, faster...Definitely top 3 player so far this season.

Comment

But is he really that good? Why he was benched in play offs 2 years - okay it was Houston what really went small but he couldn't do anything. Next year the same thing - first round loss and totally outplayed. If you are best center in the league defensively (he isn't) you should show this in offseason. It cannot just be said it's because Jokic hits from every position. If he struggles against stretch fives and against people who take him outside the paint he is not a defensive caliber everyone claims he is. On guard switches he follows good, from helpside he is fantastic but I think he tends to be overrated in this segment because Utah generally is a defensively very solid team, of course because of Goberts contribution, but not exclusively.

My point is that he is no All Star for me and that his contract is suicide. I know the argument that big players don't come to Salt Lake City (which is historically and recently totally wrong btw) but on the other hand a max (and especially supermax) player should carry your team - he doesn't carry his team. He is valuable but no gamechanger.

Comment

Well, Gobert can't defend and switch against fast and crafty guards on the perimeter and that's obvious so far (nobody can except maybe Adebayo), he is at his best when he is roaming the paint and in such case he is the best rim protector in the game. He has the most trouble with Jokić because of his unique combination of footwork, bully ball, shooting, pump faking and finesse finishing around the rim...he just doesn't know what to expect from Jokić anymore. He is probably overpaid (though everyone is overpaid in sports and fun industry IMO, that's absurd amount of money), but definitely has a great value at what he does well. To be fair, he had his moments with Jokić last year in the playoffs, was better in couple of games, just not enough to outplay him. Is he really the best defender in the game? I don't know...it's probably time for the league to recognize some great defenders on the perimeter, but Gobert is the best in his role as a rim protector, he is blocking and alternating a lot of shots there. He may not be a superstar (though he is being paid like one) or conventional scoring type of an all star, but he is a superstar in his role, and these days those kind of elite role players are highly valued and getting big contracts. Gobert may be losing his value in upcoming years though because the game is shifting to perimeter really fast.

Comment

Okay, this is the best description I got here and with that I can live.

I always try to compare him with players like Adebayo or Capella and I would always go with both of them instead of him. For me also Drummond in conventional center role is nothing worse.
                        Generally NBA lacks fantastic centers because game switched, for me only Ayton has potential to become Jokic caliber player from younger generation. KAT clearly not for example. Besides Embiid, of course.

Comment

Straight Forward and me commented Haliburton after draft and agreed that he is a total steal and the season proves it. Sometimes I am really not sure what all this scouts and front office management guys are looking at by following NCAA. It was obvious that he is a potential Top 20 league player in his prime. And he was drafted 12th. Incredible.

Comment

Utah Jazz is well oiled machine 24-5. Playing game of basketball the right way (until Clarkson came in and does his thing )

Lack of real superstar wont let them to win title most likely,but damm fun to watch that fiba group together of Rudy,Bogdanovich,Ingles and european type americans Conley and Oneale + 2 pure american style scorers in Mitchell and Clarkson very well thought mix of personalities.

From all those Rudy doubters his impact is simple : he as player has biggest +- from all 400+ nba players. Utah Jazz simply wins all those minutes Gobert is on the floor and doing his paint defence thing.

Comment

31 old Blake Griffin (2019 all star player)
                              28 old Andre Drummond (2018 all star player)
                              35 old Lamarcus Aldridge (2019 all star player)

their teams wants to trade them and cant get nothing in return and most likely in all 3 cases team will have to buy them out.

Which one from 3 former all stars is better player today for minimum contract?

Comment

Oh boy, what a horrible injury from Embiid. That's it for the Sixers.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information