No announcement yet.

Euroleague Regular Season: Week-17.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last game of 2020 had all the components of Hollywood sports drama CSKA was destined to win without too much trouble. But James was nervous for no obvious reason and was playing awfully the whole 1st half. In the second half James was much better, but every time the team was on on the verge of finishing the game, smth went wrong with him. It was pure luck that it was Hines who was on the foul line in the end of the main time and missed one foul. And overtime was also very nervous.
    On the whole, I hate this type of games - typical Messina. When James missed this 2nd FT, I even wished they lost this game. But the team fought and this is great for the team spirit. And Milutinov was awsome, 5th double-double and all wins. IMO he deserves the MVP of december.
    Nevertheless, it's high time for us to lose some games, because all streaks may turn out fatal at the wrong moment, especially for this particular team.

Comment

Poor win against weak Asvel isn't sign for too much optimism.

Kokoskov continues to use De Colo as pg and mix roles of other players too. Roster where Melih is one of the main offensive weapons couldn't be considered as serious.

Ulanovas was awful again but his minutes are reduced and I hope it will continue that way. He shouldn't start games and he could be more useful if he enters from the bench.

Brown again showed that he is turnover machine. It's not problem when player lose the ball during passing or assist, but this guy lose the ball in the craziest ways without any need for that.

pg-De Colo-Guduric-Barthel-Vesely should be our starting five

7-10 is bad result after first half of the season, even for this roster

Comment

Milan deserves huge credit. They managed to keep the game close even by allowing CSKA to grab 30 offensive rebounds and making only 5 three-pointers out of 23. Although, I was skeptical about Messina's strategy to rely on a small-ball lineup ever since the season started. Indeed, small-ball worked against teams like Zalgiris, ALBA, and etc, teams that are constructing their offense by improvising and searching for PnR/hand-off miss-matches, rather than running more complex plays. In this case, they can easily use switch-all defense and their 4/5 numbers can defend less talented players quite decently. But, if we are speaking about long-run, to be more precise, playoffs, I can't see Milano winning consecutive games against any top teams only by approaching a small-ball lineup. They should start doing something about Tarczewski, otherwise, it might be a bust season once again, even though they have a proper roster.

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
          Poor win against weak Asvel isn't sign for too much optimism.

Kokoskov continues to use De Colo as pg and mix roles of other players too. Roster where Melih is one of the main offensive weapons couldn't be considered as serious.

Ulanovas was awful again but his minutes are reduced and I hope it will continue that way. He shouldn't start games and he could be more useful if he enters from the bench.

Brown again showed that he is turnover machine. It's not problem when player lose the ball during passing or assist, but this guy lose the ball in the craziest ways without any need for that.

pg-De Colo-Guduric-Barthel-Vesely should be our starting five

7-10 is bad result after first half of the season, even for this roster
          I agree that we shouldn't be optimistic a lot. We have basically no margin for mistakes if we want to make Top 8...due to the stupid losses in the first half of the season.

De Colo should be more of a finisher rather than a facilitator, but I hope he's playing PG because we currently don't have one (I don't count Brown)

Ulanovas really fell of a cliff in the last 5-6 weeks. He not only cannot shoot from 3pt, he also can't score from the post, and his defense isn't as good as it was at the start of the season. He must be better going forward.

Brown, I like. He does stupid mistakes but eh, if he was great at halfcourt he wouldn't be at Fener. We should use him in defense to kill opponent's rhythm and try to prevent him from keeping the ball too much (again, we need Perez and Dixon back).

Overall, I like the defensive effort in the last two games though. Also Guduric will be immensely helpful.
          Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
          Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
          Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
          Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Vesely seems to be back on track after 2,5 years. Lets see how long it takes to get injured again.

To be serious Guduric a forward who can shoot and play with the ball a bit helped a lot. Brown is a ticking time bomb in close games

Comment

The worst player in CZ game at the end became hero. But regardless od that Brown's first games were just fluke, he is mediocre player.

Connected with that we have De Colo problem too. He is not pg and with him as creator we lost our best scoring option.

Third problem is that Kokoskov lost his starting plan and now he doesn't have plan B. He mixed roles in the team, where Melih is the first shooting option and Ulanovas the main defensive weapon. Both of them are awful in that roles.

Except Barthel and Vesely we don't have big guy capable to play on EL level. We need one more pf or center asap.

We have opportunity to make 6-1 score in next month and half, but with this confused and undecided Kokoskov 3-4 would be much more realistic.

Comment

I wonder how Zvezda had a real chance to win this game with only 2 guards, Colom and Walden in first half and without Walden in second half (injury). That's a worrying fact for Fener.

I think that the real hero was Lazic, he is always advantage for the opponent but in this game he was a real game changer for Fener.

Comment

Great season for Zenit, Zalgiris and Bayern so far. Hope that this will continue.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information