Euroleague Regular Season: Double Week 14-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
    The problem is really very complex and you are right. I think the main issue is here that FB and Efes were really ambitious the last years and if there are guys who could take a role in Euroleague like Osman and Korkmaz they go to the NBA and I can understand the team GMs saying why should we take the risk of developing the players when they leave us anyway.

Greek teams have always a Greek core thats correct. The difference is beside demanding it, having the right policy that Greek players (and dont get this the wrong way) are not suited for NBA which is an advantage for the Greek teams.

Usually it take 5-6 years to develop a prospect to EL level. If you pay a 18 year old guy 350k dollar it really ends up really bad for this prospect and thats the main point. You should exacltly know what I mean because PAO is the worst team in Europe in point of developing young guys beside Fenerbahce but its also true that Greek prospects take normally a bit more time than others.
    Ok. There are 4 Turkish players in the NBA. Its not as if it's 10. True be havent been the best club to develop young players but both Mitoglou and Papagiannis have broken out this year and last whilst Papapetrou has also improved.

I was talking about role players more than anything. Not stars. Players that play 10-15 mins to do a particular job. They are non-existant for Turkish teams.

If Papagiannis continues like this, he'll head back to the NBA. Massive improvement since Week 3-4 this year. 8.7 Pir last year. 15 this year. He's become a massive scarecrow in the paint timing his jumps. He's lost weight which means he has better control of him body and leaps vertically even when the attacker feigns to draw a foul.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

I would give up on this year and would start with the plan for the next season. A well balanced, maybe unexperienced but fighting to the last second team is needed but without paying more than the market price. There were rumors about Heurtel etc. Never make a mistake like that.

Take PAO. This team doesnt even have a PG and runs Papapetrou as go to guy but they fight every game. I dont think PAO fans are unhappy with their team.

A true leader with loads of EL experience, an old strong rim protecting and rebounding athletic big and a wing who can deal with the ball a little bit like Guduric (which would also cover the Serbian spot of FB ) and a mix of workers who are ready to work their butts off for the team.

Coming with an example of PAO again. The Nedovic move was great. I was smiling a bit but his contribution for 500k Euros is immense. Imagine Melih is getting a half million from FB.

A couple player i would have signed when they were in Turkey are Tonje Jekiri, Pierria Henry and Alex Poythress. FB must hunt these 500k - 800k guys. I had also targeted Grigonis but its too late for him now.
      If their goal for the season is the 8th seed then they could still achieve that with the right changes. I agree with you about the type of players they should be looking at and EverGreen in terms of them actually developing some young players. But with half the season to go, I'm sure there will be some pressure to make signings to save this season in some way.

Comment

I was talking about role players more than anything. Not stars. Players that play 10-15 mins to do a particular job. They are non-existant for Turkish teams.
        There were no role player material until this season for a EL-Title aiming team in the Turkish league until this season. Its just the wrong policy like I said. There were tons of players who were sitting on the bench for years and getting undeserved money.

If Papagiannis continues like this, he'll head back to the NBA. Massive improvement since Week 3-4 this year. 8.7 Pir last year. 15 this year. He's become a massive scarecrow in the paint timing his jumps. He's lost weight which means he has better control of him body and leaps vertically even when the attacker feigns to draw a foul.
        Definitely, he made a jump this season without a doubt but NBA needs a different skill set. PAO is a good place for him. I doubt another NBA attempt would go well

Ok. There are 4 Turkish players in the NBA. Its not as if it's 10. True be havent been the best club to develop young players but both Mitoglou and Papagiannis have broken out this year and last whilst Papapetrou has also improved.
        Its the standard process with Greek teams and players. They normally take longer than other prospects. It was the same with Papaloukas and others but mentioning the three I just count Papagiannis as the developing part. Petrou is a Oly product and they are doing a far better job than PAO and Mitoglou came from the NCAA but they all made progress this season or the last seasons.

Comment

well, there's only 2 Lithuanians in NBA
          <-link to video
          http://bit.ly/bg3272
          http://bit.ly/dnTPE7

Comment

Last three games, three point shots, Zalgiris: 13/20 (65%), 18/26 (69,2%), 16/30 (53%). All that without Vasturia. This is crazy, this is some kind of record for sure! What's going on, guys? Is this some kind of:

Comment

Originally posted by markkanen View Post
              Last three games, three point shots, Zalgiris: 13/20 (65%), 18/26 (69,2%), 16/30 (53%). All that without Vasturia. This is crazy, this is some kind of record for sure! What's going on, guys? Is this some kind of:

Schiller said that he would like to see more three points attempts, lol

Comment

When you shoot with such percentages every possession must end with triple attempt It's great to watch current Zalgiris, ball movement is awesome and it's done with such great patience at times, yesterday 31 assist, on Tuesday 22. Defense also is more aggressive. What comes to Fener exactly that seems to be lacking - ball is stuck in offense too many times, especially when it reaches De Colo hands. He is still good individually, but all the game stops then. Kokoskov must find solutions. While reading latest big Gherardini's interview for Lith press, it seems he has big faith in Koko, said smth like "we should trust the process and look at the wide picture, not some bad streak, it happens, we had injuries, bad luck and etc.". He gave interview before the game, but I guess changes won't come soon and Fener fans will have to deal with it all and hope for the best

Comment

Big congrats to Zalgiris lads in this forum. Really awesome performances.

From my perspective Schiller is even heavily criticized for some things really a refreshment for Euroleague.

Comment

Originally posted by edvinas9 View Post
                    Schiller said that he would like to see more three points attempts, lol
                    I guess he's right. https://www.euroleague.net/main/stat...d3&agg=PerGame

We will see more and more 3-pts attempts. It's just about math. Mid range is dying, because it's less efficient and because of the rules attacking the rim is more difficult in Europe. Mavs were perfect example last year. The most efficient offense in NBA history without having that good team. You need great Pg, who can also shoot, C, who can shoot and 3&D. guys. We can see glimpses of that in Euroleague already. Some small teams with small budgets having good success with that strategy. Fener is doing almost opposite. Their best shooter having the ball in his hands and being surrounded with at least 2 non shooters most of the time.
                    Last edited by Killer Bob; 12-18-2020, 12:43 PM.
                    previously known as Beno

Comment

It looks Real has lost Randolph for the season too.
                      previously known as Beno

Comment

Real Madrid vs Oly be like

Comment

Laso resting Tavares in overtime.
                          previously known as Beno

Comment

Sloukas. Should go to Hollywood.

Mckissic too.
                            previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                              Laso resting Tavares in overtime.
                              He had 4 fouls and Thompkins had 15 points on 6 shots.

Comment

Real Madrid vs Oly be like
                                Hahaha. Almost Galatasaray colours in that gif as well...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information