UAAP Season 84

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheNatural7 View Post
    Currently doing a film study on Tamayo, dude is NOT a quick passer in the post. That's actually my biggest nitpick about him rn. He has the potential though, but his decision making is either slow or he just doesn't want to pass it sometimes. Dude goes full Carmelo at times.

Juan is easily the best passer and then maybe Joel.
    Who would you say has the higher upside, Tamayo or Arvin during his rookie year? Would you say that Arvin is a good player comp for Tamayo? Haven't seen much on Tamayo so Im wondering how good he really is. Some IBNers would want him lined up with the cadets this early.

Comment

Originally posted by dubidub View Post
      Who would you say has the higher upside, Tamayo or Arvin during his rookie year? Would you say that Arvin is a good player comp for Tamayo? Haven't seen much on Tamayo so Im wondering how good he really is. Some IBNers would want him lined up with the cadets this early.
      I would love to see him lined up too. His defense is WORLDS better than Arvin's (though he isn't exactly a marquee defender). Arvin was just low effort and surrounded by elite talent, while Tamayo looks comfortable (a bit unrefined) on the perimeter. He's also in better shape than Arvin and taller. He's not where Arvin was as a shooter and I've always believed Arvin was one of the best offensive prospects in recent memory.

What I like about Tamayo is the room of improvement left on his jumper. His form isn't excellent, but there are no major flaws. He has great feel for space and openings, but still needs a lot of polish. Offensively, he's not at Tolentino's level (but then again who is?), but defensively, he's going to look good next to a rim protecting big and he's decently switchable. Upside definitely higher than Arvin based on size and potential refinement.

Comment

I would love to see him lined up too. His defense is WORLDS better than Arvin's (though he isn't exactly a marquee defender). Arvin was just low effort and surrounded by elite talent, while Tamayo looks comfortable (a bit unrefined) on the perimeter. He's also in better shape than Arvin and taller. He's not where Arvin was as a shooter and I've always believed Arvin was one of the best offensive prospects in recent memory.

What I like about Tamayo is the room of improvement left on his jumper. His form isn't excellent, but there are no major flaws. He has great feel for space and openings, but still needs a lot of polish. Offensively, he's not at Tolentino's level (but then again who is?), but defensively, he's going to look good next to a rim protecting big and he's decently switchable. Upside definitely higher than Arvin based on size and potential refinement.
        Who would be a good player comp for him? He's a legit 6'7 right? Seems like UP got a gem.

Comment

Originally posted by dubidub View Post
          Who would be a good player comp for him? He's a legit 6'7 right? Seems like UP got a gem.
          RDO is a common comparison I hear, but occasionally he just looks like Melo (Late NYK version, not the younger Melo) to me. He loves working on the left side at the high post, his pull-up jumper looks decent, and he has a lot of confidence. Dude has the potential to be a legitimately good stretch 4 at the Asian level (and maybe internationally too). I haven't been this high for a UP prospect since Malick Diouf.

Comment

Currently doing a film study on Tamayo, dude is NOT a quick passer in the post. That's actually my biggest nitpick about him rn. He has the potential though, but his decision making is either slow or he just doesn't want to pass it sometimes. Dude goes full Carmelo at times.

Juan is easily the best passer and then maybe Joel.

Also, with respect to Fortea, I don't really like his game HAHA. I see him as a slightly worse version of Jolo Mendoza (better at the 1 though).
            Sam Dowd still with UP? How doez he fit in if yes?

Comment

RDO is a common comparison I hear, but occasionally he just looks like Melo (Late NYK version, not the younger Melo) to me. He loves working on the left side at the high post, his pull-up jumper looks decent, and he has a lot of confidence. Dude has the potential to be a legitimately good stretch 4 at the Asian level (and maybe internationally too). I haven't been this high for a UP prospect since Malick Diouf.
              How is his lateral quickness tho? Hoping he could defend international 3s and 4s.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                Sam Dowd still with UP? How doez he fit in if yes?
                Not exactly sure how to accurately assess his performance due to DI games being hard to come by, but if Juan leaves, he might be lead guard over Joel and Gerry due to maturity. I would actually like to know how Joel played in La Salle if anyone saw him with the Archers.

Comment

Not exactly sure how to accurately assess his performance due to DI games being hard to come by, but if Juan leaves, he might be lead guard over Joel and Gerry due to maturity. I would actually like to know how Joel played in La Salle if anyone saw him with the Archers.
                  Barely played. Tons of juniors film on him though.

Comment

I hope Perasol keeps his 4-out system, even with Tamayo as a 4. Tamayo will get more experience playing from the perimeter. And his shooting is sub-30, but room for improvement.

The Melo part, I really hope that can happen. A poor man's Melo at 6'7" would be a breath of fresh air for Philippine basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by robert0326
                      I thought Ricci still at UP and still committed in S84.. He will be a lead guard once 1GDL will leave..
                      Its his last year so either 1GDL doesnt play or Ricci back being 4th option behind 1GDL/Kobe/Diouf.

Comment

Is it safe to say that, if not for the UST bubble incident, that the only school who is in recruiting hell would have been UE?

Comment

Originally posted by IPC View Post
                          I hope Perasol keeps his 4-out system, even with Tamayo as a 4. Tamayo will get more experience playing from the perimeter. And his shooting is sub-30, but room for improvement.

The Melo part, I really hope that can happen. A poor man's Melo at 6'7" would be a breath of fresh air for Philippine basketball.
                          Dont expect too much Tamayo playing as a full-time 4 in UP.

There will be scenarios where Diouf will be either in foul trouble, injured or simply if UP goes small ball. The next great big man in the rotation after Diouf is Tamayo.

So I will not be surprised if UP downsizes and puts Tamayo at 5.

Comment

Originally posted by paulrenzo View Post
                            Is it safe to say that, if not for the UST bubble incident, that the only school who is in recruiting hell would have been UE?
                            Probably NU. They only got 3 recruits from the recruitment haul. Plus exodus of some of its players and their junior stars.

UE meanwhile had decent recruits in Catacutan (the MPBL player) and Payawal plus Paranada the Fil Ams. Not counting Escamis yet and other recruits of coach Lawrence yet if they didnt leave.

Comment

Originally posted by robert0326
                              I thought Ricci still at UP and still committed in S84.. He will be a lead guard once 1GDL will leave..
                              I am very very low on Ricci especially at the 1 and so I tend to simply choose to forget that he’s on the team.

Comment

I am very very low on Ricci especially at the 1 and so I tend to simply choose to forget that he’s on the team.
                                Shouldve never left La Salle although Im not sure how much that was his choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information