UAAP Season 84

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
    Gob's 26, I think. Might make him ineligible for next season.
    I think they changed the max to 27 for those that got affected by the pandemic. EDIT: Now Im not sure about this. Still, Gob was lined up among COVID replacements, so I think UP has plans for him.

Comment

• OMG gob is still in the uaap? haha

damn up would've probably be the champs tonight if only cj didn't get injured. they would've been going for the back to back next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
        Did he get his passport in time though?
        the million dollar question hehe. what a big pick up for the National team if he is eligible as a local

Comment

• Originally posted by Marsh Mello View Post
          the million dollar question hehe. what a big pick up for the National team if he is eligible as a local
          He didn't and needs an exception to play as a local.

Comment

• Asian Games then for Phillips.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rds View Post
              Yeah. I might even prefer Dave's 6'6 guy over Clarkson because he can guard bigs. Maybe he will be our Draymond. But does he have a passport? Or we need to naturalize him? If we need to naturalize it is still more practical to look for a big. Chot even says he is considering it so at least someone can match up with Kouame in practice.
              Actually yes in the context of 2nd tier world level teams (Italy , Dominican, NZ), Harper Jr is a plus player at both ends and has enough size to play PF, yet versatile. From the perspective of NZ he is a bigger problem than Kouame , especially in context of having a Kai. (Rim protection), you can litterarally play Kai, Harper Jr and Tamayo frontline together for prolonged periods avg 30 min s a game. You cannot do that with Kouame , Kai and Tamayo combination.(too slow defensively & bad spacing ).. (Need to understand how they compliment each other ).
              The line up of Kai , Tamayo and Harper (super wide , 7 foot wingspan) in context of FIBA (NZ , Dominican) level is by no means small. (It's actually very versatile with length, providing effectiveness on both ends )

All of around 20 yrs old , with Dwight, you litterarally have your Gilas frontline /wings for the next 12 years ( 3 world cups)

Harper Jr is on assumption don't need to go thru long congress naturalization process.
              So we have 2 NP pool members , Ange and Ron. UPs Diof should be invited as practice player

Philips as a local which is both realistic (eventually) and need is an excellent back up big
              Last edited by DAdmiral; 05-11-2022, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• If Spencer who got passport at 17 , assuming like Philipps , I really see Philips exception as very realistic, of course SBP should file for an application for exception, though.
                Tip please push that he be included in Asia cup..
                .sige if I get the blessing from higher ups will push for this move ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Marsh Mello View Post
                  I was just curious they needed to take Carl tamayo out of the game in that crucial minute.
                  Diouf playing well lucero is there and carl.. if they dont go 3 bigs one of them goes to bench..

Sayang the aura of invincibility was definitely gone and it took up's lapses just for ateneo to win it..
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                    If Spencer who got passport at 17 , assuming like Philipps , I really see Philips exception as very realistic, of course SBP should file for an application for exception, though.
                    correct me if im wrong, but a few years ago his mom replied to someone at FB saying she was still a Filipino citizen when Spencer was born. so if she registered the kid to the embassy around that time, he is legally a Filipino from birth.
                    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• this is already OT, should belong to Gilas thread.. but the biggest gap in Gilas is we do not have a big that can guard or keep of boards a traditional FIBA four (like Creek, Delaney, Blackman, Cooks) . no pun intended but we get cooked on the defensive and rebounding end of things. i really think Harper Jr and Philips will address this gap.

Comment

• Originally posted by C2Hamm View Post
                        correct me if im wrong, but a few years ago his mom replied to someone at FB saying she was still a Filipino citizen when Spencer was born. so if she registered the kid to the embassy around that time, he is legally a Filipino from birth.
                        Legally a Filipino at birth is different from age when a passport was registered which is what FIBA cares about for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                          Legally a Filipino at birth is different from age when a passport was registered which is what FIBA cares about for some reason.
                          Yes 2 different issues, it's easier to establish citizenship with birth registration . And therefore passport follows easily
                          And
                          2nd issue is passport before 16 , which is a FIBA thing
                          On Philips hoping for the best , trying to reach out to his handlers.. let's see

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                            the passport thing is because you can play for 2 or more countries isn't it? it resolves for whom you can play with. i'm a Filipino at birth but I only had a passport well on my 20's. let's say i'm very good basketball player, does that mean I can't play for the Philippines?

a Filipino who lost his\her citizenship, had a baby, the baby cannot be a Filipino. the parent needs to be dual or go for the process to reacquire their citizenship for their kid to acquire Filipino citizenship.
                            a Filipino, still, had a baby needs to declare this birth to the consulate. else, they won't know you have a baby ergo the baby cannot be a Filipino unless you declare the kid.

both instances, the passport rule can resolve if what country the kid can play for. setting aside if we agree it with it or not. both instances the kid is getting his Filipino citizenship after the fact for whatever reason. i dont know what the passport rule resolve if since you were born, you already are a legal citizen of a country.

@dave has this been asked before?
                            WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                            SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                              If Spencer who got passport at 17 , assuming like Philipps , I really see Philips exception as very realistic, of course SBP should file for an application for exception, though.
                              how old is philips?
                              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by C2Hamm View Post
                                the passport thing is because you can play for 2 or more countries isn't it? it resolves for whom you can play with. i'm a Filipino at birth but I only had a passport well on my 20's. let's say i'm very good basketball player, does that mean I can't play for the Philippines?

a Filipino who lost his\her citizenship, had a baby, the baby cannot be a Filipino. the parent needs to be dual or go for the process to reacquire their citizenship for their kid to acquire Filipino citizenship.
                                a Filipino, still, had a baby needs to declare this birth to the consulate. else, they won't know you have a baby ergo the baby cannot be a Filipino unless you declare the kid.

both instances, the passport rule can resolve if what country the kid can play for. setting aside if we agree it with it or not. both instances the kid is getting his Filipino citizenship after the fact for whatever reason. i dont know what the passport rule resolve if since you were born, you already are a legal citizen of a country.

@dave has this been asked before?
                                A pinoy who has lost their citizenship can reacquire it and then pass the citizenship to underage children. This is basically the reason why many FilAms have difficulty with the PBA draft, they and their parents reacquire citizenship too late. I think Fontanilla of UST has this exact problem at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information