Angelo Kuoame thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Well, I just feel the Iranians had limited training going into the 2nd window. Grabe rin kasi covid cases sa Iran.

Nevertheless, I think Iran won't be that strong post Hamed Hadadi & Samad Bahrami era. I don't see Iran competing for the top 5 spots in Asia-Oceania basketaball. I'll rate Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, Korea, Philippines, Lebanon ahead of Iran by 2023.
    I think Bahrami and Heddadi won't wait for their game to dip tremendously but they have young talents like Yakchali and Jamshidi who could always score 15-20 points even against a PBA all star team.Like Bahrami they are quite big for guards as well in the Asian circuit.

On the other hand, I hope we could have linient laws on naturalization so that we could recruit and possibly naturalize some very good talents from Africa or wherever.if they will not recognize our fil foreign players we might as well go the other route,the next thing you know iba nanaman yung rules.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

^^^^^
      Here's my take: I think Iran wouldn't really find it hard to get a Bahrami replacement. I think Yakchali has what it takes to replace Bahrami. But its finding Hamed Hadadi's replacement/successor which I think Iran wud have trouble with. Geramipoor is no Hadadi & so are the other iranian bigs. Indeed its hard to find a highly skilled 7-foot-2 center like Hadadi. Hadadi is so valuable to iran both in offense & defense.
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

let's not count him out besides they have other bigs as well Meisam,Roustanpour,Hassanzadeh and Torabi. I wish since AJ won't be around, that Ange could develop his game some more and be a better, more athletic version of Marcus Douthit.I think in February he would need to be with Kai and probably Erram,Go and Baltazar.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
          let's not count him out besides they have other bigs as well Meisam,Roustanpour,Hassanzadeh and Torabi. I wish since AJ won't be around, that Ange could develop his game some more and be a better, more athletic version of Marcus Douthit.I think in February he would need to be with Kai and probably Erram,Go and Baltazar.

Not to underestimate Geramipoor, Mezarei, Torabi & the other bigs of iran but they are simply not in the level of Hadadi both offensively & defensively. That's the kind of impact Hadadi has been bringing to the game. Just by the thought of having to deal with with a skilled 7-foot-2 center who scores very well & is a monster rim protector brings fear factor to the opposing squads.

I see Iran not having this kind of a luxury or advantage when Hadadi finally retires from the national team. I just don't see either Geramipoor, Torabi or Mezarei duplicating what Hadadi has brought to table for the Iran NT in the last 15 years or so.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

I dont recall pinoys being at the level of iranians without a douthit or blatche. It is smarter to look at the local player game stats -- particularly efficiency +/- metrics -- over the last five years againt sk, china, nz, aus and japan to find out if our players are good enough in the real asian context.

Comment

Iran is in a decline as I repeatedly said.

They are not as good as before.

Hadaddi, Bahrami, and Kamrani are great great players. But father time has catch up to them

Honestly, even Lebanon looks stronger than iran right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ccharmed View Post
                I dont recall pinoys being at the level of iranians without a douthit or blatche. It is smarter to look at the local player game stats -- particularly efficiency +/- metrics -- over the last five years againt sk, china, nz, aus and japan to find out if our players are good enough in the real asian context.
                Pre-Hadadi Iran era is inferior to the Philippine team. The tables were reversed when Hadadi was elevated to the Iranian senior level national team. Hadadi & Bahrami became Iran's one-two punch that caused a lot of headaches to opponents in Asian basketball. I say a Hadadi-less Iran (kahit nandyan pa si Bahrami) is 50-50 vs. a PBA-select Phi team with a naturalized player. Things wud be different if Iran will have Hadadi in tow

Comment

i watch a 22 year old Junmar fajardo and I noticed that Thailand's Chanatip Jakrawan is only 23 years old but we can see the difference on their game.Jakrawan ebing more athletic and mobile, if his body fills out maybe increasing more mass and strength, he's going to be more dominant and a match up problem in Southeast Asia maybe even in Asia.I'm thinking that if the Thais start taking their basketball seriously like football, we're going to have a problem in the future. On the ther other hand, Junmar could have started to play in the National team early in his career.Could have helped the Gilas 1 team a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                    Not to underestimate Geramipoor, Mezarei, Torabi & the other bigs of iran but they are simply not in the level of Hadadi both offensively & defensively. That's the kind of impact Hadadi has been bringing to the game. Just by the thought of having to deal with with a skilled 7-foot-2 center who scores very well & is a monster rim protector brings fear factor to the opposing squads.

I see Iran not having this kind of a luxury or advantage when Hadadi finally retires from the national team. I just don't see either Geramipoor, Torabi or Mezarei duplicating what Hadadi has brought to table for the Iran NT in the last 15 years or so.
                    Haddadi is like their Michael Jordan, a generational type of talent you don't see every year heck not even in a decade not only for Iran but for Asia. The key is to constantly produce bigs who has that kind of size and I think Iran can and will still continue to produce 7 footers in the future. As for us, we have to produce good sized bigs as well.As we know, even Baltazar, who is considered one of our rare local bigs have a match up nightmare against Thailand's Jakrawan. A 6'8(203 cm) big would not be enough to counter a lengthy mobile big that has very good foot work, not unless the 6'8 big has equally long wingspan (probably 7'3 at least) and is very athletic and skilled. We need to produce really good quality (at least 6'9/206 cm. barefoot) bigs (hopefully 1-2 very good bigs every year) enable for us to be very competitive in the world,but of course we need very skilled forwards (6'7/201cm. barefoot or above) players as well.

Comment

Originally posted by robert0326
                      Iran not fielding some of their A ranked players.. Some of them are developmental players.. They didn't treat last qualifiers seriously
                      That's not the case bro. The only national team A players that did not play in the 2nd window were Hadadi & Bahrami. The rest of Iran's team A national team: Jamshidi, Yakchali, Geramipoor, Mashayeki, Torabi, Hassanzande, Davarpanah, Rostampour, all played in the 2nd window. So its not like Iran missed 6 or 7 players from its natiional team A in the 2nd window.

Besides, both Hadadi & Bahrami are expected to retire from the national team soon.

Comment

Sayang talaga, Kuoame with his mobility and motor, can have an impact on both offense and defense but i think he will have better impact on defense.Unlike our bigs with the exception maybe of Japeth, this guys is pretty mobile for his size and could even defend smaller,quicker players. I think he also is quite new to the game and could still improve a lot (improve on his foot work,balance,strength, ball handling and dexterity). If he could also improve on his strength and grafually add a little more weight, probably at 245 lbs.,i think he'll be hard to stop in the post.

Comment

I think Balti has the length to defend the post. But it seems a conscious decision for him and his handlers to not add weight. He might have been too light against Jakrawan but he was still our best defender. He was a nightmare on switches and traps with his height, length and mobility. Part of the reason their guards couldnt get going. I think he played the most minutes in the 2nd game for this reason. I think this is slso the reason why Tab wants to convert him to SF if he can.

Comment

Sayang talaga, Kuoame with his mobility and motor, can have an impact on both offense and defense but i think he will have better impact on defense.Unlike our bigs with the exception maybe of Japeth, this guys is pretty mobile for his size and could even defend smaller,quicker players. I think he also is quite new to the game and could still improve a lot (improve on his foot work,balance,strength, ball handling and dexterity). If he could also improve on his strength and grafually add a little more weight, probably at 245 lbs.,i think he'll be hard to stop in the post.

2022 NBA Draft..
                            https://www.facebook.com/pinoybaskebol/?fref=ts

http://pinoybasketbol.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FARIDOON View Post
                              2022 NBA Draft..
                              If he improved and played in a D1 School averaging double-double and at least 2 blocks and a steal,maybe. I think the most realistic future for Kuoame is to be at least a quality import and international player just like Ben Mbala. I think he'll benefit a lot if he had gone to US, the kid all sorts of physical and skills trainer.

At 6'10-6'11 and if he improves to a mascular 245 lbs physique with at least a 7'2 wingspan, that's hard to ignore.If only he was 19 years old, then maybe there will be a lot of time for improvement,thats if he decides to act this year. One thing more he needs to improve is his athleticism,for a lot of players in the draft, his athleticism is pretty much average and if he gets a consistent Shooting average, thats a deal maker right there, maybe even with a G league team.

Kuoame's debut could have been this coming window and with Kai, Life for him will be a bit "easier". Just imagine two bigs with that kind of size and length, there will be some sort of fear factor since Kuoame and Kai are virtually newbies although Korea and Indonesia have seen Kuoame's game already in the Jones Cup, but still, they know that he is pretty Young and still improving, he will still be regarded as an imposing threat to any team.
                              Last edited by Alex07; 01-25-2021, 04:20 AM.

Comment

If he improved and played in a D1 School averaging double-double and at least 2 blocks and a steal,maybe. I think the most realistic future for Kuoame is to be at least a quality import and international player just like Ben Mbala. I think he'll benefit a lot if he had gone to US, the kid all sorts of physical and skills trainer.

At 6'10-6'11 and if he improves to a mascular 245 lbs physique with at least a 7'2 wingspan, that's hard to ignore.If only he was 19 years old, then maybe there will be a lot of time for improvement,thats if he decides to act this year. One thing more he needs to improve is his athleticism,for a lot of players in the draft, his athleticism is pretty much average and if he gets a consistent Shooting average, thats a deal maker right there, maybe even with a G league team.

Kuoame's debut could have been this coming window and with Kai, Life for him will be a bit "easier". Just imagine two bigs with that kind of size and length, there will be some sort of fear factor since Kuoame and Kai are virtually newbies although Korea and Indonesia have seen Kuoame's game alreadyf in the Jones Cup, but still, they know that he is pretty Young and still improving, he will still be regarded as an imposing threat to any team.
                                Kouame's ticket to NBA is by showing good performances playing for the Gilas against elite national team. Angelo only started playing competitive basketball at 19 years old, he came to Philippines at 18 years old(2016) and turned 19 on that same year(December 2016).
                                https://www.facebook.com/pinoybaskebol/?fref=ts

http://pinoybasketbol.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information