Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Angelo Kuoame thread

Ange skill set strength ( defends pick and roll and can shoot 3's) is exactly the back up center role highly sought in the NBA. Much like Dieng was signed up as a by the Spurs late in the season. I see it as feasible given Ange raw skill and being a late bloomer ( he learned the game late) for Ange to approximate what Dieng does.

if we're talking about being drafted or being a potential starter in the NBA i would agree that Kai has a better chance. but if Kai doesn't make it to the NBA in the next 2 years. I feel Kouame's specialized role skill set is more feasible for getting a 10 day call up. They don't give 10 day contracts to players who need the ball and touches to be effective ( which is what Kai is).

Quote Originally Posted by unstopaball12 View Post
    Would have been a good import for the ABL. I think he can get offers in the Japan league and feelers from Chinese teams in the cba
    I think the B-league option is better. Kouame fits better in a 3-import per team set up in the B-league. A B-league team can hire high caliber imports like justin Brownlee & Chris McCullough types while its 3rd import would be a role playing one like a Kouame.

I think parang ganun yung set up ng most B-league teams eh. I think the Japan option would be a better one for Kouame. Such set up would enhance Kouame's development as a player.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Dieng is a D1 champion. Thats how he got in the league. Ange other than a few games with FIBA isnt really testing himself vs top competition. Kai is. Hence Kai has a better shot.
    Last edited by Sikatrix; 06-18-2021 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    Dieng is a D1 champion. Thats how he got in the leagie. Ange other than a few games with FIBA isnt really testing himself vs top competition. Kai is hence Kai has a better shot.
    i totally get that, Ange has missed the boat already (undrafted) for a regular progression to make the NBA as a youth player.
    Ange only hope is a late pick up, to fill a gap role, his development is late.. ( he wil be 25 when developed , not normal)

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    i totally get that, Ange has missed the boat already (undrafted) for a regular progression to make the NBA as a youth player.
    Ange only hope is a late pick up, to fill a gap role, his development is late.. ( he wil be 25 when developed , not normal)
    He can enter the G League draft anytime and there he will find appropriate competition for NBA prospects.

He can enter the G League draft anytime and there he will find appropriate competition for NBA prospects.
    If goal is to make the NBA , then yeah the G- league is an excellent place to get a call up

https://gleague.nba.com/callups-101/...r%20NBA%20team.

55 call ups in 2018/19 season, yes Kouame i think is feasible to get a call up , if he played in the G- league. u always need a servicable big to defend and rebound due to injuries

Quote Originally Posted by unstopaball12 View Post
    Good tests of ange this series as he plays against pba imports, he he continues to show improvement and flashes, really won't be surprised to see him take his talents overseas and give up his ateneo commitmemt
    I think it is already inevitable for him to give up his Ateneo commitment with Coach Tab being vocal about the Milwaukee Bucks scout.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I think the B-league option is better. Kouame fits better in a 3-import per team set up in the B-league. A B-league team can hire high caliber imports like justin Brownlee & Chris McCullough types while its 3rd import would be a role playing one like a Kouame.

I think parang ganun yung set up ng most B-league teams eh. I think the Japan option would be a better one for Kouame. Such set up would enhance Kouame's development as a player.
    If Ange plays as an import sa B-League he should be considered Asian import right same case as Thirdy he is technical a Filipino, If B-league does put Ange in the Asian Import Category then it will be another big question towards the PBA who will not allow Naturalize player to play as local.

I wonder why Blatch has not gone that route before or has he retired from basketball.
    “When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure,’ I think that is worse, that is almost worse than death.”

- Kobe Bryant

Rest in Peace Mamba..

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    If Ange plays as an import sa B-League he should be considered Asian import right same case as Thirdy he is technical a Filipino, If B-league does put Ange in the Asian Import Category then it will be another big question towards the PBA who will not allow Naturalize player to play as local.

I wonder why Blatch has not gone that route before or has he retired from basketball.
    Nah Kouame only joined Gilas because he could retain dual citizenship. It was a deal with his mom.

If goal is to make the NBA , then yeah the G- league is an excellent place to get a call up

https://gleague.nba.com/callups-101/...r%20NBA%20team.

55 call ups in 2018/19 season, yes Kouame i think is feasible to get a call up , if he played in the G- league. u always need a servicable big to defend and rebound due to injuries
    Or do the Ben Mbala move and globe-trot. Yeah, Ben might be more advance when he was AK's age, but with hard work and proper training, AK can be as good if not better than him.

Speaking of, was he even considered as NP before he got the called up by Cameroon for their NT? If so, how close was he in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Or do the Ben Mbala move and globe-trot. Yeah, Ben might be more advance when he was AK's age, but with hard work and proper training, AK can be as good if not better than him.

Speaking of, was he even considered as NP before he got the called up by Cameroon for their NT? If so, how close was he in the process?
    At 6'7" I think he was considered too short for the job.

don't be surprise if Gilas does not play with an "ineligible" player for all of it's games until 2023 World cup...

don't be surprise if Gilas does not play with an "ineligible" player for all of it's games until 2023 World cup...
    What is that supposed to mean?

People who were born abroad but got their passports after 15 y/o

Either Kouame will be deemed eligible or he is taking a contract abroad.

Either Kouame will be deemed eligible or he is taking a contract abroad.
    I was thinking of JC though.. but both would be great news for us

Meaning? Continous dialogue for an amenable solution for all parties to allow JC and Ange to play together in the 2023 WC.

Ange FIBA entry came with clear intent communicated

Meaning? Continous dialogue for an amenable solution for all parties to allow JC and Ange to play together in the 2023 WC.

Ange FIBA entry came with clear intent communicated
    nice......
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

theoretically, if it is not in conflict with d nba season, jc can play in d 2022 asian games.

Tasmania might be a good spot for him and he would count as a local.
    They’ll need a backup c and with quite a few Aus/nz going or staying in Europe, a backup c spot is open.
    Other young local centers in contention might be Timmins(nznbl) or salt(nznbl) or kahler(nbl1) or maybe a vet like ogilvy(backup illawara Hawks) or brandt(b league)

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast