Angelo Kuoame thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
    June Hmm, enough time to file to play as a local..

Nope not talking about the Philippine government..
    Wow! Well let’s not get our hopes up. Being our NP in june is enough, anything more is gravy.

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
      Wow! Well let’s not get our hopes up. Being our NP in june is enough, anything more is gravy.
      and we can tap remy martin as NP..
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

No harm in trying. Kung makalusot, then that's great. Kung hindi, good enough na rin.

While I want to temper my expectation, I have a bit of a gut feeling makakalusot ito😆
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
          No harm in trying. Kung makalusot, then that's great. Kung hindi, good enough na rin.

While I want to temper my expectation, I have a bit of a gut feeling makakalusot ito��
          Pwede no? Me too, cant help but be excited on this possibility. Like SK mentioned above, possible remy martin sighting on gilas unis. Id even settle for malonzo hehehe

Comment

• If what Tab said about "basketball heritage" bearing more weight that "passport age", it's very possible that it's an exemption that FIBA will grant especially that FIBA granted exemption for Jawato when his nasketball heritage isn't really Indonesian but American. I mean, he was basically a "finished product" when he went to Indonesia

And I agree with Robert. We should use these exemptions wisely. Not like in the past where we didn't even fullt utilize the exempted over 16 passporrs folks

Comment

• ^lol who else are you going to use this excemption for? This is a no-brainer tbh.

Comment

It's not about chances or having expectations of success.
                Apparently Kouame's guardian uncle passed away yesterday, hit Ange hard.. Ange once he has citizenship, I will push for an exemption, he litterally has all the circumstances for a strong case, not saying a sure guaranteed winnable case. It's worth a try, the boy really deserves our support to try what we can

Comment

^lol who else are you going to use this excemption for? This is a no-brainer tbh.
                  For all we know, the SBP might decide to put Ange in the bench or something like that.

Look our past exemption cases....how did PH benefit from the exemption of Slaughter, Lutz and Lassiter when they were not even utilized well enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by Labradoodle View Post
                    For all we know, the SBP might decide to put Ange in the bench or something like that.

Look our past exemption cases....how did PH benefit from the exemption of Slaughter, Lutz and Lassiter when they were not even utilized well enough?
                    After hyping him up so much the past year, then they will bench him? Eh

Comment

• ^
                      The reason for submitting a request for exception from FIBA isn't based on ability (who is good) , but of course the decision of who to grant citizenship to (both naturalize via congress and hokus pokus extra facilitation assistance ) is based on abilities.

Comment

• Classification of naturalization

To highlight a point, I classify two different process of naturalization, one is the normal process of grant of second citizenship ( getting 2nd passport normal process at the embassy or naturalization via congress) and

Hokos pokus extra paper work facilitation required by a backer .

1. Players under Normal process
                        -Greg
                        - AJ
                        -Kouame
                        - Amos
                        -Tuffin
                        - Wright
                        (these are the one's i'm familiar with , i'm sure there are more

2. Hokus pokus extra facilitation by a backer (cannot be done without palakasan- political clout and not publicly transparent )

- Asi
                        - Menk
                        - Pringle
                        -Clarkson
                        ( i'll stop at there so as not to speculate on others... but you get the point,..

which leads to the question what is the point.. As you can see the main reason why the 2nd list Hokus pokus .. got their passport fixed late. was not because they forgot to act , but they were identified as a good prospect at least 17 and the hard effort and cost to fix papers was justified the investment ( they were good enough) . the delay is entirely the fault of our hard process to eventually grant citizenship
                        Last edited by DAdmiral; 03-08-2021, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Kouame moving to the Philippines from Ivory Coast for opportunities isn't any different from So moving to the US from the Philippines.

The country that provides the opportunity to develop in the sport to be elite , does deserve to be the nation that benefits from the the talent enhanced . Fair is fair walang dugo nonsesne here..

Comment

Apparently Kouame's guardian uncle passed away yesterday, hit Ange hard.. Ange once he has citizenship, I will push for an exemption, he litterally has all the circumstances for a strong case, not saying a sure guaranteed winnable case. It's worth a try, the boy really deserves our support to try what we can
                            I'll take it from you since you're from SBP. Your recent posts about Kouame is indicative that SBP people are planning something. I believe SBP have a strong case for exemption, though of course having a strong case is one thing, but winning it is another thing. I'm optimistic about this but as usual, I'll temper my expectations.
                            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• ^
                              We can only control or influence the things we can , submit a good reasonable case, and let FIBA decide. It's pointless to speculate what our chances are for a favorable decision.
                              And on that note yes I agree it's better to temper expectations. if we win , then good ! if not at least we tried , it's not like we're throwing hail mary passes and hoping for the moon. meron basis naman on why we're submitting this.

Comment

Thank you for your efforts, sir.
                                Last edited by cocoyg; 03-09-2021, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information