No announcement yet.

Angelo Kuoame thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans get used to PH basketball set-up as NP’s duty is to score and to get the rebounds. They are okay if Gilas is “asa sa import”.
    So that’s why they would prefer cmac or brownlee to be the NP coz both of them have good offensive game.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
      Fans get used to PH basketball set-up as NP’s duty is to score and to get the rebounds. They are okay if Gilas is “asa sa import”.
      So that’s why they would prefer cmac or brownlee to be the NP coz both of them have good offensive game.
      They don't know the value of a Kouame. While his scoring power is not as good as Blatche, his interior defense and energy is of high value. Blatche does not have that.

When the last time we beat Korea, around of our line up were good stoppers.

Pingris - rim protector, back up defender, perimeter defender

Norwood - perimeter defender

RDO - good back up defender

Fonacier - underrated perimeter defense

Japeth - underappreciated back up rim protection

Alapag and Castro - they were both good ball interceptors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
        They don't know the value of a Kouame. While his scoring power is not as good as Blatche, his interior defense and energy is of high value. Blatche does not have that.

Plus, there are already a lot of good local scorers. We'd want them to thrive in a scoring role. And it's about time that we end the 'asa sa import' mentality if we have enough local firepower.

Comment

• BTW people don't realize Kouame actually went undrafted in the last 2020 NBA draft. He wasn't required to be listed as he was an automatically entry by turning 22 yrs old and is classified as an international player

He's officially a free agent and if a team wants to sign him

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
            BTW people don't realize Kouame actually went undrafted in the last 2020 NBA draft. He wasn't required to be listed as he was an automatically entry by turning 22 yrs old and is classified as an international player

He's officially a free agent and if a team wants to sign him
            Does Kuoame have to go through the G League draft though? I think his path to the NBA if ever is via the G League.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cocoy Martin
              I got to talk to some SBP insiders, too bad that EWP nor the SBP and most likely even Kai for that matter will come out and spill the beans on what really happened between Nov-Dec 2020 and the time when Kai first made his announcement on socmed that he's skipping the bubble and will be playing for Gilas.
              This is expected. After so much hype generated by Kai's camp (pati ata SBP nagulat sa announcement niya), there's no way they will talk about what really happened.

I think that the "I will join Gilas"/para sa Bayan was just a cover up for something that was happening. I mean, if Kai really wanted to play for the seniors team, he could have done it in the first or second window, right? Not when there's a G League schedule.

This seems to have been a PR gone wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
                Fans get used to PH basketball set-up as NP’s duty is to score and to get the rebounds. They are okay if Gilas is “asa sa import”.
                Originally posted by robert0326
                They treating naturalized players as PBA "Imports" That can do it all na mala LeBron ang impact..
                Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post

I saw these kind of comments again in an article on Kouame posted on FB. It's goddamn ridiculous. A lot of fans still have this 'asa sa import' mentality. My God. They don't get the concept of 'just filling a serious need.'

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                  I saw these kind of comments again in an article on Kouame posted on FB. It's goddamn ridiculous. A lot of fans still have this 'asa sa import' mentality. My God. They don't get the concept of 'just filling a serious need.'
                  too foreign for them.. it says a lot to someone pinoys in regards to import.. import for them is asa sa import..
                  Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                    Does Kuoame have to go through the G League draft though? I think his path to the NBA if ever is via the G League.
                    I think his path to the NBA if ever is via good performances playing for Gilas in major international tournaments..

Comment

• Originally posted by Labradoodle View Post
                      This is expected. After so much hype generated by Kai's camp (pati ata SBP nagulat sa announcement niya), there's no way they will talk about what really happened.

I think that the "I will join Gilas"/para sa Bayan was just a cover up for something that was happening. I mean, if Kai really wanted to play for the seniors team, he could have done it in the first or second window, right? Not when there's a G League schedule.

This seems to have been a PR gone wrong
                      Find out first what is Kai’s morale in Ignites at the time of second window and before the supposed third window that was postponed..

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post

The only thing I "somewhat" see negative with this is that AJ Edu offers the same thing although we would love to have as many defensive players in the team.I just hope Clarkson will be allowed to play local, this guy's skills and talent can't be simply replicated by anybody.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                          too foreign for them.. it says a lot to someone pinoys in regards to import.. import for them is asa sa import..
                          Akala nila extension ng PBA ang FIBa games...

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                            I think his path to the NBA if ever is via good performances playing for Gilas in major international tournaments..
                            Good Gilas performances will lead to G league opportunities. Maybe even an E10 at best. I dont think hell go straight to NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                              The only thing I "somewhat" see negative with this is that AJ Edu offers the same thing although we would love to have as many defensive players in the team.I just hope Clarkson will be allowed to play local, this guy's skills and talent can't be simply replicated by anybody.

I don't mind players having duplicate duties, especially since Edu has already had a history of at least one bad injury that may or may not rear it's ugly head when it matters most.

Comment

• June Hmm, enough time to file to play as a local..

Nope not talking about the Philippine government..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information