No announcement yet.

Future of Serbian NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great development since last time i watched him. Djurisic is one of the top 3 2004 born prospects in Europe. Great game today.

Comment

• Impressive game from Djurisic vs Stellazzurra - 21/11/9. I think it will be a good decision to promote him to Mega senior team from the start of next season. Other than his outside shot (nice release which is very important, but still low three point percentage) I can't find any weakness in his game on both ends. Excellent physical profile, really good handle, can create bunch of things off the dribble or in p&r, good anticipation in passing lanes, on ball defense...He really plays with great composure and maturation which is impressive for his age. I think it's not too early for him to get significant minutes in ABA league next season.

Jovic can really make difficult shots. A great shot maker. I think he's been dealing with some injury, bit still flashed all around game and just great scoring and passing instincts. I think his scoring profile can translate to senior basketball exactly for his ability to make very difficult shots from everywhere on the floor whether it is fadeaway, one legged turnaround jumper, long range threes, he is showing great scoring instincts.

There is another player I noticed on Mega as a natural scorer (three point shooter) - Montenegrin Luka Bogavac. Such a good shooter it seems, doesn't need any space at all to get his shot up. I also like Ukrainian Kobzistiy, very composed and calm player, always makes the right play. I think he will be a good player. Croatian Ivisic is also intriguing, nice touch and handle for a big man.

Lithuanian Jocys on the other side had a great shooting game. Also seems to be an impressive shooter and shot maker (at least in this game).

Comment

• Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
        Impressive game from Djurisic vs Stellazzurra - 21/11/9. I think it will be a good decision to promote him to Mega senior team from the start of next season. Other than his outside shot (nice release which is very important, but still low three point percentage) I can't find any weakness in his game on both ends. Excellent physical profile, really good handle, can create bunch of things off the dribble or in p&r, good anticipation in passing lanes, on ball defense...He really plays with great composure and maturation which is impressive for his age. I think it's not too early for him to get significant minutes in ABA league next season.

Jovic can really make difficult shots. A great shot maker. I think he's been dealing with some injury, bit still flashed all around game and just great scoring and passing instincts. I think his scoring profile can translate to senior basketball exactly for his ability to make very difficult shots from everywhere on the floor whether it is fadeaway, one legged turnaround jumper, long range threes, he is showing great scoring instincts.

There is another player I noticed on Mega as a natural scorer (three point shooter) - Montenegrin Luka Bogavac. Such a good shooter it seems, doesn't need any space at all to get his shot up. I also like Ukrainian Kobzistiy, very composed and calm player, always makes the right play. I think he will be a good player. Croatian Ivisic is also intriguing, nice touch and handle for a big man.

Lithuanian Jocys on the other side had a great shooting game. Also seems to be an impressive shooter and shot maker (at least in this game).
        Luka is son of former Hemofarm shooter Nebojsa Bogavac and same like dad he has a golden hand. I also like a lot what I've saw from this young Montenegrin. Great potential. He went under radar here in Balkans a little bit as he played and grew up in France until now.

Comment

• I like what I've seen from our guys. Jovic has all the tools and drive to become a big time player. It's not just scoring, he can make plays and read the game really well. His game is definitely NBA bound and pretty much modeled for NBA. Scoring instincts, transition, focus, motor, passing...he can do it all. Competitive nature, I like how he attacked Vembanyama without any fear of getting blocked. Other guys, Stefanovic and Petrovic are pretty good. Petrovic needs to improve his shot and maybe add some floaters when slashing, but man, his quickness and one on one is so fun to watch. Change of speed, dribble moves are impressive. Undersized with trouble finishing at the rim but very intriguing. When he adds a few more tricks he can be very good. Stefanovic is improving a lot, can score in variety of ways, I think he will be a good player. Musikic (nice passer) and Skobalj (does a lot of useful things that stats don't show, also soft hand) are decent, could be good role players. Belic didn't get a lot of time, but definitely interesting skill set. You got to think with Djurisic, Radovanovic and Todorovic this team would be significantly better. Anyway, there are potential top players (Jovic and Djurisic), versatile scorers and ISO players (Stefanovic and Petrovic) and shooters (Todorovic). Add Radovanovic as a high profile defender (possibly a lockdown type of defender), and couple of decent role players, this generation has plenty to offer.

Comment

• https://id-prospects.com/standouts-f...u19-world-cup/

A lot of hype for Jovic and Djurisic among scouts and talent evaluators. Jovic is already so polished offensively, looking like a complete package on that end. One thing I noticed though is that he likes to go to his right dribble way too often, and it might become predictable at the next level. I think he has to widen his dribble arsenal when isolated on perimeter (though at 2.08 he will probably just use a step back or some simple move to get him space to shoot over defenders). I think his basketball instincts on offensive end are just too good to see him fail at the next level.

Djurisic is bursting with potential. So advanced skill set for his age. He has potential to become a great two way player. I see Djurisic as even more impactful player than Jovic. Gonna be fun watching them play and develop together at Mega next season.

Comment

https://id-prospects.com/standouts-f...u19-world-cup/

A lot of hype for Jovic and Djurisic among scouts and talent evaluators. Jovic is already so polished offensively, looking like a complete package on that end. One thing I noticed though is that he likes to go to his right dribble way too often, and it might become predictable at the next level. I think he has to widen his dribble arsenal when isolated on perimeter (though at 2.08 he will probably just use a step back or some simple move to get him space to shoot over defenders). I think his basketball instincts on offensive end are just too good to see him fail at the next level.

Djurisic is bursting with potential. So advanced skill set for his age. He has potential to become a great two way player. I see Djurisic as even more impactful player than Jovic. Gonna be fun watching them play and develop together at Mega next season.
              So much potential is not really good if you ask me. There is just one ball and you also need guys who is willing to make the dirty work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                So much potential is not really good if you ask me. There is just one ball and you also need guys who is willing to make the dirty work.
                The thing about them is that they have developed a really good chemistry and they already understand each other's best spots on the floor. Their connection in transition after pulling down a defensive rebound is awesome. But, yes, I also think you need guys to work around them (though I think Djurisic is already a very engaged defender willing to do a little bit of everything). However, just for now, I'm speaking about them just in terms of raw talent and potential. Their compatibility in a serious half court offense (together or not) has yet to be seen at the next level.

Comment

The thing about them is that they have developed a really good chemistry and they already understand each other's best spots on the floor. Their connection in transition after pulling down a defensive rebound is awesome. But, yes, I also think you need guys to work around them (though I think Djurisic is already a very engaged defender willing to do a little bit of everything). However, just for now, I'm speaking about them just in terms of raw talent and potential. Their compatibility in a serious half court offense (together or not) has yet to be seen at the next level.
                  Oh, well, I was talking about the general situation of the Serbian NT in some years. Considering you have Micic, Bogdanovic, Jokic, Pokusevski, Jovic (tall one) and now Djurisic. These are really impressive names with a huge upside but it doesnt necessarily mean to have good chemistry. Turning this potential to a well working team will be difficult.

When we start with Eurobasket 2015. Serbia had a very balanced team and started really great but it was a very early high so one down game in the semi cost you the final. Then Eurobasket 2017... tbh I dont like this tournament at all. Many absentees but you managed to play final again. 2019 was a different story. You had a very versatile team. Maybe the easy start with the Philippines etc led you to the wrong direction but the team was everything but not well working. Talent was there but the ball wasnt flowing like always. The defense was bad etc and now the disappointment in Belgrade against Italy with the clear better team. Again very bad prep and defense.

Shortly said if you dont have enough time for prep such a high potential team could be a curse but loads of respect to your youth system to bring so many NBA level talents in such a short time. Do I envy you? Yeah a little. One last word about using Marjanovic. Dont use him anymore. He is a too big liability on the defensive end even though I can understand that his height is very tempting to use.

Comment

• For every stars that this Serbian team have there are guys like Dobric and Andjusic who are efficient national team players that you can bring on any tournament and play high level modern basketball..
                    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• The crucial thing for Serbian national team next year will be health. For other things I think balance will be good.

I disagree with almost everything written (for 2015-2019, but it's past) - most crucial part is that Serbia had "clear better" team than Italy this summer. Serbia had injured Micic who played less than 15min, injured Kalinic, no clear playmaker and no shooting guard but Andjusic who was best player but had to burden 3 positions in this game. Second thing is that we began with switching in 4th quarter which brought results but too late. Italy was nominally the better team with Mannion - Fontecchio - fantastic Polonara and Melli - Serbia hasn't had the players, depth and quality to react as everyone was injured culminating with Micic's injury at warm up. This loss was no surprise at all - effectivelly would have been a surprise if we would have taken this one. Sense would be 0 anyway as we couldn't set a competitive team for the Olympics so Italy's victory is simply logical in this constellation.

And speaking about dirty work at Mega Basket Only person who ever did dirty work in this team that is created for bringing players in NBA is the cleaning personel of the locker rooms. This team was created for absolute freedom of their projects and both of mentioned players will be their declared projects. Big teams have imperative of results, teams like Mega don't and that's why this players can develop in this team. Which I consider good for players but desaster for leading teams in the respective countries as all really good young players prefer way through Mega.

Comment

• Dont play a game with 9 players on board no matter how weak opposition you lost big when jovic got injured than losing that game ( and still go on the semis) against us..
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• I watched Serbia - Germany U18. Serbia plays with all around 2004 generation this summer in U18 in order to prepare for next year's European Championship. Generally quite surprisingly good game. Biggest talents Milijasevic and Stosic, very good game of Djokovic. Serbia really looked one class better than Germany but I don't know if this German team is 2003-2004, A team, B team or C team as I also hardly know any Serbian players. First impression is that this looked better than expected. 91-78 at end and for youth basketball very good shooting team of Serbia. What I like is already seen at U19 World Cup that Serbia finally finishes with dinosaurs in their youth teams and puts good shooters in. Shooting means nothing but at least you've something to build on. Tree players really stood out, Germany looked bad - really bad as I usually like their youth teams a lot when I watch them.

Depressing that all three players that stood out don't play at zvezda. This is getting worse from year to year and should start to worry someone in our team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                            I watched Serbia - Germany U18. Serbia plays with all around 2004 generation this summer in U18 in order to prepare for next year's European Championship. Generally quite surprisingly good game. Biggest talents Milijasevic and Stosic, very good game of Djokovic. Serbia really looked one class better than Germany but I don't know if this German team is 2003-2004, A team, B team or C team as I also hardly know any Serbian players. First impression is that this looked better than expected. 91-78 at end and for youth basketball very good shooting team of Serbia. What I like is already seen at U19 World Cup that Serbia finally finishes with dinosaurs in their youth teams and puts good shooters in. Shooting means nothing but at least you've something to build on. Tree players really stood out, Germany looked bad - really bad as I usually like their youth teams a lot when I watch them.

Depressing that all three players that stood out don't play at zvezda. This is getting worse from year to year and should start to worry someone in our team.
                            How did Ćurčić look to you? I never watched him but he has been getting a lot of hype from some scouts as an athletic scorer and shooter, and was singled out as one of the best prospects of this generation.

Comment

How did Ćurčić look to you? I never watched him but he has been getting a lot of hype from some scouts as an athletic scorer and shooter, and was singled out as one of the best prospects of this generation.
                              Dude hit some crazy shots. I was laughing two times, out of dribble, step back. But both were hit in a phase when deca have been rolling and hitting everything. But looks like pure shooter and scorer. He and Milijasevic in combination looked interesting. Powerful combo-guard duo. A lot of confidence, really atypical playing style for Serbian youth standards.

I liked Stosic a lot. Guy had great defensive rotations, two huge blocks and Germans avoided even thinking about penetrating when he was on the parquet. Guy is our new Kalinic. I heard very good infos about work ethics and character from that kid. Would be another good player from Nis - who would think that Nis can produce good players in a row

Comment

• Serbia 2004 beat Croatia 2003 (9 players 2003 - 3 2004). Only thing what is important is that Serbia will receive a fantastic guard in Milijasevic very soon. How guy reads defenses, how he spreads them is really outstanding. Hope he choses his next team wisely. Biggest talent Dynamic ever brought up through their youth categories and boost for their organization to continue in being a "mini Mega".

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information