Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy rephrases my point that I tried to share with Srle perfectly:

Nikola Jovic (’03) Mega Soccerbet Belgrade, 6’10”, F

29.3pts, 2FG-65.6%, 3FG-16.7%, FT-75.7%, 10.3reb, 4.5ast, 0.8stl, 2.8to, 1.8blk
    (Written by Igor Chytrzynski)

Nikola had one of the best and most consistent performances at AdidasNGT in the last couple of years. Not only that he also helped his team fairly easily glide through the group stage and then rose to great heights in the Final. Leading Mega to a win after an incredible comeback from a 19-point deficit.

Quick and agile, very good balance and body control, moves lightly on his feet. A versatile offensive machine, a nightmare to defend. His dribble is a bit high and exposed but confident, easily beating bigger and slower opponents in the open court or face up in the half court. Smaller players he overpowers on his inside or dominates on the low block from where he can also distribute the ball very effectively. As a facilitator he often finds teammates cutting through the middle, or baseline even if a double team is on its way. Doesn’t usually panic but has moments of poor accuracy on his passes. Great finisher inside, shrugs off contact, confidently finishes with either hand and managed to squeeze in some very difficult attempts. Foul magnet. Able to space the floor, has nice shot with quick trigger but not so consistent on this occasion. Aggressive on the glass with an impressive second jump, reads the ball very well off the rim and will go after it tenaciously.

On the other end, he also has a very high potential. Despite having some moments where he was a bit caught off guard focusing too much on the ball, he understands rotations, can quickly cover a lot of ground and fly over from the weak side to swat the ball away at the last moment. On perimeter too often on straight legs losing his position easier than he should given his agility and feet. Needs to lower his stance. Over time with more muscle on his frame, improved footwork and stance will be a major obstacle inside and outside.

Adidas Next Generation Tournament Belgrade took place between 26-28 of March and was a third and final qualifier this season. Below you can find a breakdown of 13 players which stand stood out in the event: Djordjije Jovanović (‘03), Partizan Belgrade, 6’7”, F 20.8 pts, 2FG-60.0%, 3FG-46.4%, FT-87.5%, 6.8 rebs, 1.8 ast, 0.5 stl, 1.3 to, 0.5
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I have that vision of Jokic, Vukcevic, Pokucevski, Jovic in one lineup...Serbia will have a good chance to embody true posionless lineup as Euro NT. Should be pretty freaky and currently I see Serbia and France competing for ridiculously stacked NTs status. France summa summarum has more prospect power, but some of Serbia's pieces might be more special.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• To me perhaps the biggest upcoming thing and a real difference maker

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
          https://www.instagram.com/p/CN-n0Rhh...d=alfa5c877gbk

To me perhaps the biggest upcoming thing and a real difference maker
          Not everyone has an account of instagram

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I understand that totally. In fact it's better to have none.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
              This guy rephrases my point that I tried to share with Srle perfectly:

Nikola Jovic (’03) Mega Soccerbet Belgrade, 6’10”, F

29.3pts, 2FG-65.6%, 3FG-16.7%, FT-75.7%, 10.3reb, 4.5ast, 0.8stl, 2.8to, 1.8blk
              (Written by Igor Chytrzynski)

Nikola had one of the best and most consistent performances at AdidasNGT in the last couple of years. Not only that he also helped his team fairly easily glide through the group stage and then rose to great heights in the Final. Leading Mega to a win after an incredible comeback from a 19-point deficit.

Quick and agile, very good balance and body control, moves lightly on his feet. A versatile offensive machine, a nightmare to defend. His dribble is a bit high and exposed but confident, easily beating bigger and slower opponents in the open court or face up in the half court. Smaller players he overpowers on his inside or dominates on the low block from where he can also distribute the ball very effectively. As a facilitator he often finds teammates cutting through the middle, or baseline even if a double team is on its way. Doesn’t usually panic but has moments of poor accuracy on his passes. Great finisher inside, shrugs off contact, confidently finishes with either hand and managed to squeeze in some very difficult attempts. Foul magnet. Able to space the floor, has nice shot with quick trigger but not so consistent on this occasion. Aggressive on the glass with an impressive second jump, reads the ball very well off the rim and will go after it tenaciously.

On the other end, he also has a very high potential. Despite having some moments where he was a bit caught off guard focusing too much on the ball, he understands rotations, can quickly cover a lot of ground and fly over from the weak side to swat the ball away at the last moment. On perimeter too often on straight legs losing his position easier than he should given his agility and feet. Needs to lower his stance. Over time with more muscle on his frame, improved footwork and stance will be a major obstacle inside and outside.

https://eurospects.com/recap-belgrade-adidasngt-2/
              His dribble is excellent for that size , I don't see any problems there , don't see its too high or high at all , there are highlight on youtube , also he's very fast with the ball in his hands on the fast break , his legs are so long , he only need few steps to run across the court . As far for the footwork, that refers to his post up game, and he's not post up player, he's over sized guard, even though he can exploit some match ups there too. I really like his upside, I like him more than Pokusevski as the prospect. I think he's going to be the lottery pick in the next year NBA Draft.
              Last edited by Srle; 05-19-2021, 12:55 AM.
              UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

• Yeah, he's in the first round discussions now and pretty much around lottery as NBA Draft 2022 mock goes. Serbia will have unique collection of unique forwards starting with Jokic, Poku, Jovic, Vukcevic, Petrusev this decade. Will be interesting to watch how it will pan out.

Serbia pretty consistent at drafts recently.

2013 Nedovic
                2014 Jokic, Bogdanovic
                2017 Guduric
                2019 Smailagic
                2020 Pokusevski

Petrusev may be drafted this year 2021 and in 2022 it will be Jovic and Vukcevic most likely.

Again, maybe high profile true guards are missing a little bit (current core is still great with Bogdanovic, Micic, Guduric, Nedovic, but all in their prime already and the question is will new guys match this after 5 years), but Serbia should have more than enough to go with anyway.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• We want Ognjen Dobric in national team! Kick Nedovic, Guduric, Bogdanovic, whoever

Dude is playing a final series in badass manner. I stated here multiple times that we should consider Andjusic or Dobric - deadly shooters with great drive, float, play defense and who have great percentages and can play offball.

Dude has breakout season and now that he is finally unleashed really shows that he is a significant upgrade for zvezda. I don't see any reason to play Nedovic over Dobric for example.

Comment

Nakić is classic SG. Look at him in Oostende. He looks better as SG than SF and needs ball in his hands.
                    I like Nakic. He reminds me Marko Jaric a little bit, probably with even more offense. Great mobility and flexibility for the size and seems to be very up to the task, scores in most easiest and direct ways, good feel for the game.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

We want Ognjen Dobric in national team! Kick Nedovic, Guduric, Bogdanovic, whoever

Dude is playing a final series in badass manner. I stated here multiple times that we should consider Andjusic or Dobric - deadly shooters with great drive, float, play defense and who have great percentages and can play offball.

Dude has breakout season and now that he is finally unleashed really shows that he is a significant upgrade for zvezda. I don't see any reason to play Nedovic over Dobric for example.
                      Well, in terms of fitting in Jokic centric offense, Dobric would probably be a nice add with his 3&D skillset as reliable spot up shooter (I think he shot 45 percent from three in both Euroleague and ABA league) and ability to defend multiple positions on perimeter. He has the size to defend 2 and 3, doesn't need ball in his hands to make impact and those kind of players are needed in this team considering that we may have even too many ball handlers right now. Aside from that first class category of our guards/forwards, players like Avramovic, Dobric, Marinkovic could be very intriguing because we need more players that are just finishers. Petrusev is that kind of player and I think he will thrive with Jokic, Bogdan and Micic. Lucic is of course the definition of off ball effectiveness, Kalinic is also in this category of players. I'm certain those kind of players will be up to task. They have many guys who can create and open up the space for them.

I hope Kokoskov is watching Bogdan's style of play under McMillan, his engagement in off ball movement and manipulation of screens is just a thing of beauty. If Bogdan will translate that style to NT, it would open up so much more space for Micic to operate in a similar way he does in Efes. That would make him comfortable because Bogdan and Jokic have so much gravity, and if defenses are going to chase Bogdan through screens all the time, Micic will be put in a really good position with much space to drive, shoot or pass. I really think Bogdan's off ball movement will be much more dangerous and open things for a lot of players. His playmaking is great and ability to create his own shot, but his off ball movement will unlock this team's potential and will allow Jokic and Micic to get comfortable at what they do the best.

Comment

• Great accomplishment for Micic - Euroleague MVP. It gets additional value because coaches and captains of each team gave him most votes for this award. He's come a long way and made huge strides in his development.

This is probably special moment for Serbian basketball because Jokic is almost certainly NBA MVP which means that we have MVPs of two top basketball competitions. Hopefully it will translate to NT as well this summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
                          This is probably special moment for Serbian basketball because Jokic is almost certainly NBA MVP which means that we have MVPs of two top basketball competitions. Hopefully it will translate to NT as well this summer.
                          Indeed special year for Serbia. It's a first country aside USA to have both NBA and EL MVPs. Besides, Poku is one of the most unique NBA rookies, Bogdanovic having a great season.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                            Indeed special year for Serbia. It's a first country aside USA to have both NBA and EL MVPs. Besides, Poku is one of the most unique NBA rookies, Bogdanovic having a great season.
                            As far as I know also USA hadn't.

In the two seasons when Anthony Parker won MVP in EL Steve Nash (Canadian) won in NBA lol.
                            But it's pretty meaningless for national team meanings anyway. But really a fun coincidence.

Comment

• Good one. Also rather surprising that only Parker was MVP of EL, I thought there should be few.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Incredible indeed that USA hadn't more.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information