No announcement yet.

Future of Serbian NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name: Nikola DjurisicBorn: 2004National Team: SerbiaClub: KK Mega BemaxPosition: SG, SFHeight: 202 CM

This should be fine at the end. Really good fluidity and composure. Great size and decision making. High IQ player and good shot in combination is always a good receipe for major level.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIG9F2gNQOw

This should be fine at the end. Really good fluidity and composure. Great size and decision making. High IQ player and good shot in combination is always a good receipe for major level.
      This guy is far ahead of his age and better than every 2004 Turkish prospect right now. I hope we will have the youth EC tournaments this summer.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIG9F2gNQOw

This looks great though I didn't see anything but isos. Maybe coach decision and limited video. Great potential, kid with such shooting and ball handling will make it for sure.

Comment

He is 204cm tall, mostly playing as a shooting guard. Long-term he has so much room to improve and have positional fluidity. He is a great prospect.

Comment

Avramović had another good game in ACB league against Real, his slashing ability and finishing at the rim are for real. He should be targeted by some bigger teams in the summer. Maybe some upper level Eurocup team, he may even draw interest form Euroleague as a scorer off the bench. Anyway, it will be nice to see Jaramaz, Avramović, Radanov and Petrušev in upcoming games. With the addition of Anđušić and his shooting ability, it's actually a nice core to watch. Dalibor Ilić is also interesting as a defensive minded PF, had a good stretch of games recently in ABA league. This team should be a lot better than in previous window.

Pokuševski is being transferred to the G league, so hopefully this move will ease his transition to NBA level. It might take a couple of years, but he showed promise and potential on both ends.

And Jokić...He is really, really good. Real MVP like good. This is what his prime years might look like, he is doing everything, scoring in every possible way and in such effortless manner. Rooting for the Nuggets, but they are struggling right now...could be a blessing in disguise for our NT though.

Comment

I've watched Estudiantes - Gipuzkoa yesterday. He's operating as SG since Barrea arrival and doing very well.

At this moment he is the 5th best scorer in all league - but yeah, in a team that is constantly losing so it doesn't mean much. I'm pretty close to thinking that he really would deserve a spot at OQT this summer. From all our players his development in the last 2 seasons was the most surprising. Constant upside.

Comment

Avramović deserved to be in serious consideration for OQT. He has bailed us out more than once during various qualification cycles in previous years. If nothing else, just for that fact he deserves some recognition, but as you said there is also undeniable quality he brings to the table. Even though the competition will be tough.

I would also pay attention to Marinković. He is healthy now, Ponsarnau trusts him, and I think he has a nice perspective of becoming a solid 3&D player. He can't create much, but he's got athleticism to attack closeouts and a pretty good range (though he tends to be streaky). Very good on ball defender, quick and pesky, can run with smaller guards. He is kind of player prototype that we need considering that right now there is a bunch of ballhandlers in our team who need to be surrounded with low usage finishers. He fits into Lučić, Kalinić low usage but positive type of players that don't need ball in their hands much to be impactful. Those type of players with their permanent off ball movement and cutting to the basket work best with Jokić.

Comment

Interesting roster for the last window of Serbia. I suppose we will go against Georgia with axis Avramovic - Jaramaz - Andjusic - Petrusev and Raduljica and if Micic and Guduric are needed for last game against Switzerland they will be added. I hope we will make it, it will be a tough test for this young group. I am everything but optimistic, on the other hand I am happy that young players are constantly being called up.

Comment

Having both Micić and Gudurić even just for one game is a great luxury given circumstances and level of competition. We are in good position, in some calculations we would still qualify even if we don't win a single game, but that's of course unacceptable at this point. Anyway, federation and Kokoskov are making a sound effort and careful approach to this window, which is pretty cool and professional.

Comment

Not calling Guduric in NT by Djordjevic was bad decision, for NT and for him. He avoided Kalinic too before that, so the first conclusion could be he didn't want Fener's players or Obradovic's players in the roster, but of course it's just illusion, after all Djorjevic is such good coach with great results and he knows the best

I think Kokoskov won't make the same mistake with Guduric(Kalinic too)

Comment

Guduric played regularly for Djordjevic, also in China. You seem to have mixed it up with Nedovic. And yes, for Nedovic it was a bad decision indeed.

Kalinic is a little different story but core is the same. I agree that both must play, from the bench but nevertheless with clearly defined and important roles.

Generally Djordjevic is no bad coach, but he wasn't good enough for the good team he had in 2019.

His results: 2014 2nd in WC, 2015 4th in EC (we should have won that championship, we played by far best basketball and were beaten up by Lithuania for what he had no receipe to answer - clear tactical victory of Lithuania), 2016 2nd in olympics, 2017, 2nd in EC without literally 8 major players and fiasko in 2019 with quarter final elimination. Really not bad, but also not good either summa summarum. Difficult to draw a conclusion. But I am closer to think that this 5 year circle was successful and shouldn't be overshadowed by 2019 tournament when everything stopped after great 1st quarter against Spain. What I think is clear - his ego is bigger than his coaching quality.
                        Last edited by Katastroika; 02-13-2021, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Guduric played regularly for Djordjevic, also in China. You seem to have mixed it up with Nedovic. And yes, for Nedovic it was a bad decision indeed.

Kalinic is a little different story but core is the same. I agree that both must play, from the bench but nevertheless with clearly defined and important roles.

Generally Djordjevic is no bad coach, but he wasn't good enough for the good team he had in 2019.

His results: 2014 2nd in WC, 2015 4th in EC (we should have won that championship, we played by far best basketball and were beaten up by Lithuania for what he had no receipe to answer - clear tactical victory of Lithuania), 2016 2nd in olympics, 2017, 2nd in EC without literally 8 major players and fiasko in 2019 with quarter final elimination. Really not bad, but also not good either summa summarum. Difficult to draw a conclusion. But I am closer to think that this 5 year circle was successful and shouldn't be overshadowed by 2019 tournament when everything stopped after great 1st quarter against Spain. What I think is clear - his ego is bigger than his coaching quality.
                          I didn't mix him with Nedovic and though I like very much Nedovic as a player I don't think about him at all. Maybe one day if he come to Fener...

You obviously missed something about Guduric because his top year in Fener was 2018 and he wasn't part of your NT. There were 12 games in WC qualifiers and he wasn't present in a single game.

Comment

Ah, you mean qualifiers. From all windows he just had possibility to play vs Greece and Germany because of FIBA vs EL beef. For second he was injured (I was at game in Novi Sad and have seen him in the stands) and for first one I don't remember. But in Greece literally all NBA and EL players could participate so it wasn't that big of a surprise. Generally Đorđević always had him on final rosters. He hasn't been cut since becoming serious contender for roster spot ever since.

Comment

Ah, you mean qualifiers. From all windows he just had possibility to play vs Greece and Germany because of FIBA vs EL beef. For second he was injured (I was at game in Novi Sad and have seen him in the stands) and for first one I don't remember. But in Greece literally all NBA and EL players could participate so it wasn't that big of a surprise. Generally Đorđević always had him on final rosters. He hasn't been cut since becoming serious contender for roster spot ever since.
                              So Milutinov as regular EL player played 5 games and Guduric wasn't capable to play a single game because Fiba vs EL problem and windows issues. I made my point and I know what I am talking about, because I was stunned by Djordjevic's behavior that time, regarding him and Kalinic also.

If you think opposite it's ok too. good luck in future, because I am big fan of Serbian basketball.

Comment

You are right, I checked now boxscores.

I just can tell that I really don't think Đorđević put hate on him. I mean - why then he played in China? But of course, he could have logically play 2 windows plus Israel game (forgot that one) or taking into account he was called up but injured for Germany and Georgia away at least 3. So you are right 100 percent.

PS: I am everything but fan of Đorđević, believe me.

EDIT: I think btw that you are right and that Guduric wouldn't have been taken to China if Milosavljevic hasn't injured himself in pre-Olympic friendlies.
                                Last edited by Katastroika; 02-14-2021, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information