Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 201 to 209 of 209

Thread: Future of Serbian NT

  1. #201
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    821
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Jović is using every opportunity he gets to showcase his slills, it won't be long before he takes the starting spot in the Heat lineup. Biggest weaknesses are rebounding, boxing out and conditioning. One good off season will help a lot in that regard. His role is to cut, slash and shoot while open, and he is doing it great. With such instincts you have to think that he would be such a good complementary piece with Jokić. He is being slowly introduced to NBA level by Heat, but he will get the chance to do a bit of playmaking, passing, ballhandling with time.

    How about Poku...too bad he rolled his ankle again and had to leave early, but he continues to be some kind of connector and glue guy for the Thunder. Massive improvement in every aspect of his game. He has gone from being one of the most inefficient shooters in the league to being one of the most eficient three point shooters. I don't know if these numbers are sustainable but he is at 50% FG and like 42% for three. In the last 8 games it's 57% FG and 48% for three. It's massive leap in shooting efficieny compared to last couple of years. His release is much better with higher arc, completely changed his shooting mechanics. The best part is his interior defense, transition on both ends and defensive rotations. Top 10 in blocks per game, 2 blocks per game in like 24 minutes. In the last 8 games 2.6 blocks per game. These numbers are going to drop a bit probably, but nevertheless it's a big improvement in defensive awareness. Chasing Morant in transition and blocking him is no easy thing to do.

    All in all, we should integrate both of them to NT as soon as we have opportunity. We are aging, especially at forward positions, so Poku and Jović could be a big boost and join Jokić, Bogdan, Micić while they are still in their prime years.

  2. #202
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    821
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    The best news for Serbian national team in upcoming competitions would just be Bogi staying healthy.

    https://twitter.com/ATLHawks/status/1602123484330500096

  3. #203
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    821
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...16907142352897

    Vukčević has the potential to be an impressive shooter from all spots. The most interesting stuff about his skills on offense is that he can also pass really well, great feel for the game. It will all come together once he gets stronger and fills out his frame.

    Smailagić is finally healthy and looking better with each game.

    Petrušev becoming one of the most promising young players at Euroleague level.

  4. #204
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,283
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...16907142352897

    Vukčević has the potential to be an impressive shooter from all spots. The most interesting stuff about his skills on offense is that he can also pass really well, great feel for the game. It will all come together once he gets stronger and fills out his frame.

    Smailagić is finally healthy and looking better with each game.

    Petru?ev becoming one of the most promising young players at Euroleague level.
    The line-up of 4 7-footers?

    2 Pokusevski
    3 Jovic
    4 Vukcevic
    5 Jokic

    Serbia has incredible amount of versatile bigs/forwards. Not only these 4 but also Petrusev, Smailagic. I feel like Pokusevski is the key from all of these though (except Jokic off course), Cause he's probably the only one who can claim for something more than a good/super role player (as we previously agreed even such player as Jovic probably fall under "role player" umbrella). Potentially he can develop into true on ball key player.

    Generally Serbia lacks guards compared to frontline. The same story as with many Europen NTs.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

    Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

  5. #205
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    821
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    The line-up of 4 7-footers?

    2 Pokusevski
    3 Jovic
    4 Vukcevic
    5 Jokic

    Serbia has incredible amount of versatile bigs/forwards. Not only these 4 but also Petrusev, Smailagic. I feel like Pokusevski is the key from all of these though (except Jokic off course), Cause he's probably the only one who can claim for something more than a good/super role player (as we previously agreed even such player as Jovic probably fall under "role player" umbrella). Potentially he can develop into true on ball key player.

    Generally Serbia lacks guards compared to frontline. The same story as with many Europen NTs.
    Indeed, there are a handful of promising forwards, 3-5 spots are probably the least to be concerned about in long term. They are all really skilled offensively. Jović can go anywhere between a good role player as a stretch PF to being a serious capable point forward with star potential. His game is NBA made, but will need time to adjust to NBA physicality. I actually see Poku as a super role player, kind of a connector with his ability to play 3-5. 'Swiss army knife' kind of player if his health allows it.

    Gurads are not the problem at the moment because both Micić and Bogdan are in their prime with couple of other good players at Euroleague level like Gudurić and Nedović, and some grit and grind players like Jaramaz and Avramović. However, in long term, this could be a problem because ever since Bogdan's breakout we are not seeing much of anyone else (outside of Micić) in terms of star potential at Euroleague or NBA level. Đurišić has the tools to be the next big guard, but still too early to give any prognosis.

  6. #206
    Senior Member Straight forward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,283
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    Gurads are not the problem at the moment because both Micić and Bogdan are in their prime with couple of other good players at Euroleague level like Gudurić and Nedović, and some grit and grind players like Jaramaz and Avramović. However, in long term, this could be a problem because ever since Bogdan's breakout we are not seeing much of anyone else (outside of Micić) in terms of star potential at Euroleague or NBA level. Đuri?ić has the tools to be the next big guard, but still too early to give any prognosis.
    Yeah, and Micic will be over 30 after this Olympic Cycle. ATM the situation is great specially if Bog still available and not bothered with injuries, also Guduric stepped to another level, but long term there's only Djurisic as high profile prospect it seems. But maybe some other pieces will emerge which are not hyped ATM.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

    Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

  7. #207
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    821
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    https://mobile.twitter.com/eyreball/...tUser=eyreball

    Đurišić starting to make noise. Would love to see him playing with NT in February window.

  8. #208
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    821
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    https://twitter.com/eyreball/status/1615347792658173954

    Obradovć is keeping him on the short leash, but nevertheless he is a huge talent.

  9. #209
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    821
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Mitar Bošnjaković (2006) is pretty good. One of the youngest and most talented in Real's roster. He probably projects to be at the mimimum a solid 3&D player. However, watching his slashing, finishing with left hand, there is a good chance he might reach a very high level in senior basketball. Excellent body, strong frame, great in contact, quick legs. Radošić and Bošnjaković seem to be big talents from 2006 generation.

    Topić had excellent games in KLS. At the moment, the biggest prospect at PG. He seems to be a classic floor general kind of playmaker.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •