No announcement yet.

Future of Serbian NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vukcevic with 10 really solid minutes in ACB supercup vs. Barca. He looks much more fluid. Seems like he worked a lot this summer on footwork. Looks really good in defense. Interestingly still (at least at first view) he hasn't gained weight. Real as always working slow and good with young players.

Comment

• So, Jovic and Djurisic are off to a nice start with Mega. Jovic will play a large chunk of minutes, while Djurisic probably 10-15 minutes which is still good for his development. An early blowout win for Mega, so I don't know how much to take from it, bit Jovic can really pass the ball. His drive and kick ability or finding open shooters on different angles while being on the move or dribbling the ball is really impressive, and it stood out in this game. His shooting is also getting better, and transition is just fantastic. One thing that I don't think will quickly translate to senior level is his one-on-one game. It will probably take a little bit time to adjust his dribble at this level and try to keep his dribble a little lower so he doesn't get stripped or lose his handle. Anyway, such great instincts on offense, he is not rushing or playing for himself, really great attitude and early understanding of the game.

Djurisic has the tools to be an amazing defender who can guard 1-3 position without any problem. That in combination with his offensive versatility makes him one of rare two way talents we've had in years. Composure, decision making and understanding that Jovic and Djurisic display is just so well beyond their age.

Comment

• The way it seems right now, Smailagic and Jovic will be a big boost for our team in upcoming windows, and probably beyond that.

Comment

• It's not Serbian national team but Montenegrin but little Bogavac has same loop in his stroke like his dad who was famous shooter

Comment

• Svetislav Pešić hired as Serbian NT head coach. Mixed feelings. To me he is tricky, somewhat sneaky smart, somewhat overrated. Just a feeling. And de facto probably just above average coach overall. On other hand, he can be strict, he's sort of a legend and for such team as Serbia, I do believe, communication, psychology is the key. 72yo. Interesting.
            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
            Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Only thing I know this will be fun for us basketball romantics
              And Nedovic's chances for making the team are pretty small with this decision even though I think some years passed since their beef

Kari is very charismatic coach. He coached Yugoslavia/Serbia (including youth) in 5 competitions and took 5 gold medals. It would be nice to continue that streak
              Last edited by Katastroika; 09-28-2021, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Ivkovic,Pesic serbians still hiring coaches from and 80s in modern era .

When it was obviuos coach u-50 Djordjevic did by far best job with NT in last 20 years. To control those tough serbian characters grandpa wont help

Coach in his 70s simply dont have energy anymore to coach and demand max from young men .

Atleast Pesic gonna give funny interviews that have no sense in 2020s anymore

Comment

• I have different feeling about this "controlling tough Serbian characters" even though this team hasn't that much difficult characters, it's full of phlegmatics comparing to earlier decades. If someone can, than he, he has high reputation in Serbian basketball.

Point that coach in 70s has no energy to demand maximum from young man - not everybody is Greg Popovich but watching Pesic's interviews in Serbian TV and his coaching clinics in coaching academies I don't have feeling that time flew past him - he seems to be very organized and very up to the point. He is a difficult and very demandive, restrictive coach.

Role management and maybe too much discipline could be serious issues. All basketball coaches in Serbia consider this the right solution but yeah, player's with style of Nedovic and Micic will have to fight against their ego if they want to achieve a proper role in a Pesic lead team.

By the way bashing Ivkovic is really funny as he literally created the team from 2009-2013 where Djordjevic took the fruits from 2014 ongoing. Whom Sale implemented in national team as leader that hasn't been installed by Duda Ivkovic (sometimes against huge negative media/basketball community echo - Bogdanovic, Kalinic, Bjelica, Teodosic - all leaders where brought into system by Duda). Sale implemented literally noone except Jovic (who was by the way not taken by Sale but brought into serious basketball by his assistant Miroslav Nikolic).

Comment

• Djordjevic got some fruits left from Ivkovic sure,but to reach 3 finals in 4 years just fruits will not be enough. Coach must know what the hell is he doing to do that.

Without Djordjevic Serbian didnt make olympics in 2008,2012,2021 and with him they won silver medals in 2016 that not just left fruits or luck.

Serbian NT always have alot of tallent even in bad periods. They need very tough skin leader that will make/demand that elite tallent play together that what Djordjevic did.

When coach stood tough against Micov or Kalinic bullshits other player saw or you going by his rules or you stay home.Atleats i got such vibes watching Djordjevic era in NT from distance.

I dont know all inside niuances,but i always felt watching Serbia NT who is in control and it wasnt players like in 00s.

I simply dont believe grandpa in his 70s can confront and demand from tough character players like Djordjevic could that all im saying.
                    Last edited by Shawshank; 09-29-2021, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• I absolutely don't think Djordjevic's period was bad, don't get me wrong. But the problem is that noone sees what Ivkovic did before.

Anyways, all speculation like always. Truth will be seen next summer. Maybe good, maybe not, God only knows.

Comment

• Looks like Jaramaz will have an important role in Trinhieri's system this season. I like his defense a lot, he can stay in front of really quick guards, a very nice on ball defender. I feel like he kinda started late to do more of playmaking duties. His ballhandling is decent, but he gets insecure when facing strong pressure initiating p&r. Trinchieri suggested last night from the sidelines that he shouldn't stop dribbling but continue to get out of that pressure. He will have to work on that, and on his shooting as well, has to be able to hit open shots. However, as on ball defender and slasher, he is good. I expect him to be a serious candidate for NT.

Andjusic's shooting is legit. Too bad he has kind of heavy, slow legs and physically is a little bit inferior, especially defensively, but he knows how to shoot that ball. Could be one of the best three point shooters this season.

Comment

• As for Pesic, the biggest hope is that he knows how to win big with big time players and teams. Starting from that famous Bormio generation with Divac, Radja, Kukoc...then winning Eurobasket with modest German squad, and then winning gold with absolutely stacked teams in 2002 and 2002, concluding with a big Euroleague title with just huge names. So, he knows how to discipline big teams. Definitely has authority but also he is witty, he is not faking toughness. We'll see, at 72 he probably can't have attention to details like in some previous years but the good thing is that coaching NT will be his only job, so enough time to get it all together during season. It's probably true that coaching NT requires different coaching mentality, different from coaching in regular club season. It's about motivation, chemistry in the first place, because players are just exhausted after their seasons and there is just not enough time for implementing big systems. I don't think our offense under Pesic will be as good as it could have been with Kokoskov, but I'm sure Pesic will hold everybody accountable and ready to whatever is necessary to win games, one way or another.

Comment

• Mitar Bosnjakovic goes to Real Madrid ironically one day after Pesic said in prime time in Serbian TV that first steps should be avoiding that young players leave their teams to go abroad.
                            Good player in the making besides all, Real is Real and maybe this is a call that noone would refuse.

Comment

• basketball, sport, player, talent, prospects, serbia, croatia, slovenia, bosnia, macedonia, greece, balkan, prospect, srbija, hrvatska, slovenija, grcka, bosna, makedonija, kosarka, hoop, hope, eurohopes, winner, scorer, nba, fiba, euroleague, eurocup, ncaa, draft, aba, league, liga, adriatic, montenegro, crnagora, buducnost, zvezda, partizan, redstar, guard, big, center, forward, points, dunk, steal, assist, champion

Danilovic's son is in the pipe

Here with 13 years against 2 year elder opponents. Looks incredibly gifted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bqzy4P4rDU

Danilovic's son is in the pipe

Here with 13 years against 2 year elder opponents. Looks incredibly gifted.
                                31 thousand views in 1 week. How that works? Well, I guess ex Yugoslavia was pretty wide.
                                LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                                Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                                Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information