Euroleague Regular Season: Double Week 9-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
    Losing 3 of 4 creative guys are always difficult to handle. Blame your own luck. The NT is far more important than a win in EL.
    Of course i know injuries playing bigger role than NT... It's just a bad luck on Efes's players this year. Anyway, hope dies last ��

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
      Is that absolutely sure that Larkin will join the camp tomorrow with the rest of the group? I mean we've see cases when player played for his club, then moved to NT camp for window to play one or two games (depending on schedule, but mostly one). Larkin can play on Thursday in Belgrade, go back with club to Turkey and join NT camp, maybe play some limited minutes on Friday and then full game on Sunday
      That's why I am so annoying with my asking

Theoretically 3 wins are enough for Turkey. But I wouldn't gamble. Imagine Larkin is injured in Febriary. I understand Turkey here that they push hard for him.

Comment

• Why didn't Croatia call up Simon for their games as well ?
        1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• I think this question can be asked for all teams, not just Croatia. Turkey is only team that had EL players in 2nd game of 1st window and now. But this is not their fault - this is their plus and all other federations look pretty stupid in front of this situation.

It stands and falls that this qualifiers are a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by R1ou View Post
            Why didn't Croatia call up Simon for their games as well ?
            Because Efes doesnt allow him to participate and there is no need because of two wins in the first window.

Comment

• I always put NT ahead of clubs interest but this time it's different. After we lost 1st two games Sarica should be fired immediately. Now just one week before the game against Croatia someone thinks that Larkin and Ene could be rescuers. Bullshit. If I am in Fener and Efes place I wouldn't let a single player to play for NT.

Tuncer and Gecim in nt is comedy, they are not even basketball players. I thought Tuncer will improve in Efes but he is now worse then when he came.

Comment

Because Efes doesnt allow him to participate and there is no need because of two wins in the first window.
                Isn't this competitive distortion?

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                  I think this question can be asked for all teams, not just Croatia. Turkey is only team that had EL players in 2nd game of 1st window and now. But this is not their fault - this is their plus and all other federations look pretty stupid in front of this situation.

It stands and falls that this qualifiers are a joke.
                  Jokubaitis also played vs Czechs, but back then it was not the same Jokubaitis he is now. This time Zalgiris will let other bench Lith Blazevic to participate in window. For Efes it's also a bit easier to let some Turks play, cause most doesn't play bigger role in club. I'm still quite sure, correct me if I'm wrong, that Larkin will play now cause he needs to play at least one game for Turkey to be allowed to play as Turk in local league. I remember that was an issue discussed here few weeks ago. Maybe there is also some agreement between federation and club. Anyway, the biggest sacrifice was done by Buducnost in 2019 WC qualies, when bunch of their players went to play in Latvia very important game, then very next evening played in EL and on Sunday played other qualifying game. Hardly it'll be Larkin case, but I simply don't want to sell him from my fantasy team )
                  However, these qualies and whole FIBA system is really one huge joke

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                    Jokubaitis also played vs Czechs, but back then it was not the same Jokubaitis he is now. This time Zalgiris will let other bench Lith Blazevic to participate in window. For Efes it's also a bit easier to let some Turks play, cause most doesn't play bigger role in club. I'm still quite sure, correct me if I'm wrong, that Larkin will play now cause he needs to play at least one game for Turkey to be allowed to play as Turk in local league. I remember that was an issue discussed here few weeks ago. Maybe there is also some agreement between federation and club. Anyway, the biggest sacrifice was done by Buducnost in 2019 WC qualies, when bunch of their players went to play in Latvia very important game, then very next evening played in EL and on Sunday played other qualifying game. Hardly it'll be Larkin case, but I simply don't want to sell him from my fantasy team )
                    However, these qualies and whole FIBA system is really one huge joke
                    I think Larkin is one of the most fit players in EL and he is even after Covid quite capable to play 2 or 3 night is a row. But it's a question why he should play at all for NT until this incompetent management is in charge, I would exclude Yıldırım one of my favorite players all time. We lost 2 games against Sweden and Holand with full EL roster. Not against Spain or Lituania for instance, but realistically from 3rd or 4th level teams in Eurobasket. Sarica is clown and now we should qualify thanks to Larkin alone? Much more important competition for us is Olymic qualify tournament, with full roster and I hope new coach.

Comment

Isn't this competitive distortion?
                      This is an advantage of having the power of your player.

Comment

This is an advantage of having the power of your player.
                        I really don't get your sentence.
                        Technically it's competitive distortion. Not just technically, also essentially. And another shameful example with this FIBA qualifiers should go to hell.
                        Two players of the same team, one can join the national teams playing against each other and the one representing the opponent not. LOL! Really cool stuff.

Comment

• larkin will play againt zvezda imo..
                          as someone said most realistic scenario is that he plays both games, on thursday in el and then next day in croatia..

Comment

I really don't get your sentence.
                            Technically it's competitive distortion. Not just technically, also essentially. And another shameful example with this FIBA qualifiers should go to hell.
                            Two players of the same team, one can join the national teams playing against each other and the one representing the opponent not. LOL! Really cool stuff.
                            Its not the problem of Efes. Its a problem of FIBA. Efes is a Turkish team and its understandable let some of their player play for the NT.

With other words what do I care for the problems of Croatia?

Comment

• Originally posted by AmonRA View Post
                              larkin will play againt zvezda imo..
                              as someone said most realistic scenario is that he plays both games, on thursday in el and then next day in croatia..
                              The game takes place as bubble in Turkey, not as expected in Croatia so we are talking about a 2+ hour flight. Not sure if Larkin takes that burden. Efes wont force him, thats what is clear.

Comment

Its not the problem of Efes. Its a problem of FIBA. Efes is a Turkish team and its understandable let some of their player play for the NT.

With other words what do I care for the problems of Croatia?
                                That's what I say. FIBA has not even tools to adapt this distortion. And essentially the biggest one is that it cannot intervene in such examples - it's simply not possible. It shows how teethless this organization became. It's a parody.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information