Eurocup 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
    This masterpiece of Djordjevic was knockout for ABA in Euroleague 2021/22. No way Bartomeu won't give licence to Virtus. for next year EL. I have big fear that Ex-Yu region is planned for Eurocup - in long term not short term.
    Bertomeu said few days ago to Italian media that he won't invite any Italian team. It was surprising as I thought Virtus will have back-up no matter what. Yeah, we shouldn't take his words for granted, but he wouldn't shoot himself in own leg with such statement as he knew that it's all open between Virtus and Unics. So I'm quite sure it will be Zenit (VTB) and ABA club

As much as I saw this series Unics was simply better. Sad for Virtus, such legendary club deserves to be in EL, but you can't win with offense alone. Teo and Belinelli stuck for another season in Eurocup, another blow for bball fans, unless Virtus will change it's strategy and will let Teo go, but they invested just too much

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
      Bertomeu said few days ago to Italian media that he won't invite any Italian team. It was surprising as I thought Virtus will have back-up no matter what. Yeah, we shouldn't take his words for granted, but he wouldn't shoot himself in own leg with such statement as he knew that it's all open between Virtus and Unics. So I'm quite sure it will be Zenit (VTB) and ABA club

As much as I saw this series Unics was simply better. Sad for Virtus, such legendary club deserves to be in EL, but you can't win with offense alone. Teo and Belinelli stuck for another season in Eurocup, another blow for bball fans, unless Virtus will change it's strategy and will let Teo go, but they invested just too much
      I agree that changing a statement like the one Bertomeu made in Bologna isn't likely to happen.
      What about eurolegue expansion? I mean, we all know it will happen sooner or later, if it happens right now, what's the difference?
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
        I agree that changing a statement like the one Bertomeu made in Bologna isn't likely to happen.
        What about eurolegue expansion? I mean, we all know it will happen sooner or later, if it happens right now, what's the difference?
        At the same press-conference Jordi said that he is planning to have 16-18 licensed clubs till 2023-24, so it gave me an impression that only then there would be a chance for expansion

Comment

New format is so terrible. I wonder who is genius with this proposal.

Comment

Disaster !

Comment

Originally posted by Obina View Post
              New format is so terrible. I wonder who is genius with this proposal.
              ECA Shareholders Executive Board

I like regular season idea, but the rest is just plain horrible. Basically what's the point of playing 18 games in regular season to finish it all and decide the winner with one game elimination PO, it's absurd. You can finish the season 18-0 and then lose one game on a bad night and it's all over. I understand such format with NTs, when you have 2-3 weeks to determinate the best team, but when you have 9 months is this the best you can come with? Was it that hard to make it best of 3 series with teams having home court advantage, to have a point to fight for better placing? I really got tired of seeing criteria like "knock-out phases that will deliver increased thrills". I don't care about thrills, I want best teams to win

Comment

Catastrophic and idiotic move.

Comment

I like it because basically it hopefully opens a path to huge 7Days JordiCup degradation, especially since the very top of European top basketball is much more stable than the next level. So Jordi & his crook crew rob themselves of dynamism in evaluating and reacting to qualitative changes in club power rankings.
                  2013/2014 IBN Euroleague Prediction Game Winner

Thrash 'till Death!

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information