Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 85

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 8

  1. #61
    Senior Member Gman365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    712
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Of course. I agree 100%. But if you are with heart and soul in the game it's really difficult when he catches the ball.

    I am terribly sorry to sit at home switching from living room to balcony because my wife forbid me to smoke inside the flat and speaking to myself instead of being with my friends in Pionir. I would enjoy this game so much live.
    I get what you mean....You're much more emotionally invested when it's your own team playing....

    When i started watching the Turkish Airlines League in 2016 i though you guys had the best atmosphere i've ever seen in any sport....Hope it can get back to that again one day.....
    Last edited by Gman365; 11-14-2020 at 03:29 AM.

  2. #62
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    Lučić is playing fantastic basketball on both ends of the floor. Incredibly efficient and smart basketball.
    There was comparation here between him and Ulanovas and believe or not double fantasy winner- Killer Bob wrote at least five times that Ulanovas is better player then him

  3. #63
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,029
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markkanen View Post
    On euroleague website, if you look at the standings, you can see Valencia Basket with 4-2, but they lost three games, against Barcelona, Bayern and CSKA? So, there is an error.
    I'm wondering, why are there so many Maccabis and Hapoels in Israel? I mean, there are teams with different names, like Ironi Ness Ziona, but it seems to me like every city in Israel has their Maccabi and their Hapoel. Strange.
    With Maccabi and Hapoel is the same case like with Zalgiris in Lithuania - historically it's big sports organisations, spread nation wide, or even world wide, which had under its wing plenty of different sports teams - basketball, football, handball and etc. We have Maccabi basketball team even here in Kaunas, it's amateurish one of course, used to play, or maybe still playing in local amateur league


  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,116
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markkanen View Post
    On euroleague website, if you look at the standings, you can see Valencia Basket with 4-2, but they lost three games, against Barcelona, Bayern and CSKA? So, there is an error.
    I'm wondering, why are there so many Maccabis and Hapoels in Israel? I mean, there are teams with different names, like Ironi Ness Ziona, but it seems to me like every city in Israel has their Maccabi and their Hapoel. Strange.
    If I understood it right the difference is that Maccabi is some kind of nationalistic / conservative team and Hapoel a working class team and based on political preferences decades ago the citizens of the respective cities chose the clubs they joine or/and supported. Hapoel was originally a sports federation closely linked to the working class movement where dozens of teams where linked to each other.

    Makkabi was the name of religious jewish leaders fighting against Romans, Byzantines, Iranians etc. It's a quite deep split. We've had Juda Makkabi here in Serbia, too before communists banned all nationalistic teams after WWII.

    The third big name is Beitar with now hardcore nationalistic followers, they've been founded in Riga and are until now in most cases extremely nationalistic on the edge of racism.

  5. #65
    Senior Member Obina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,147
    Country: Montenegro

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    We've beat ourselves tonight. They were ready for getting sacked.

    Tavares presence in 2nd half was the difference.
    We desperately need first PG. Hall is good only for back up role and Rochestie is an ex player.

    Anyway decent game, Real had more luck in crunch time.

  6. #66
    Senior Member markkanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    656
    Country: Finland

    Default

    @Katastroika, @Mindozas, thanks for answers. It's quite strange and unique situation.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    279
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    There was comparation here between him and Ulanovas and believe or not double fantasy winner- Killer Bob wrote at least five times that Ulanovas is better player then him
    It depends on expectations. If you brought Ulanovas to be a scorer, then you are not playing him right because he is not a scorer. Ulanovas works primarily behind true scorers, and then his impact will be felt. He can't fill the role of another scorer who can create for himself that Fener lacks, because he doesn't have those skills. Problem becomes more profound when there is another forward in the roster whose best skills also don't include creation and scoring - Pierre. They are not bad players, they just need those scorers to be able to do their job, or to be able to make their presence felt.

    Lučić is also not a scoring type forward, his usage is quite low, but his efficiency, off-ball work, smart decision making and capability on both ends of the floor make him a great glue guy that every team needs. Plus, he has become a great spot up shooter. When you compare his usage/production, he is probably the most efficient player in the league right now.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,591
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Alex Perez is from his profile the right choice. Fenerbahce desperately needed a guard who can share the ball and shoot off the dribble but I am not sure if Perez can do it at that level. His defensive abilities are even more questionable not to say he will be a big liability. Its quite sure that he wont play alongside de Colo

  9. #69
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    6,006
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    There was comparation here between him and Ulanovas and believe or not double fantasy winner- Killer Bob wrote at least five times that Ulanovas is better player then him
    Please find those quotes. My only comparison between them was in first half of Fener:Bayern game. I don’t even understand your obsession with Lucic, he was under contract before the season and is more expensive than Ulanovas. No way Fener could get him.

    Fener is not loosing because Ulanovas, he is role player and nobody, except you, is expecting he will lead Fener. Fener is loosing because your star players, Nando and coach included, are underperforming. Vesely is averaging 6/5 in last 4 games. Is this 2.1 mio worth? Nando is having his worst season in his career, if we not count his first, in numbers and %, playing disastrous D. Is that enough for 2.5 mio? Brown is more or less lost. Barthel, which you for some unknown reason like, is not existing at all. Injured or playing bad, averaging 4/3/1 with bad %. Kokoskov, which I like very much for obvious reasons, doesn’t know how to play some players and didn’t develop any consistent game plan. Losing by 40 is just normal consequence of all that. You can just dream that Ulanovas is your biggest problem.

    It looks to me Kokoskov was to much time in USA. He’s too polite towards his players and doesn’t really understand how Fiba competition works. He had fantastic situation in Slovenia. Dragic in his prime, young but already fantastic Doncic, great Randolph for his game plan and some pretty efficient role players. He doesn’t have anything from that in Fener and he looks lost.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 11-14-2020 at 02:05 PM.
    previously known as Beno

  10. #70
    Senior Member MikeMaccabiFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,654
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Bender’s only weapon is stretching the floor. If his 3s are falling, like yesterday, he’s at least useable. The problem is, that was his first game with more than 1.
    He does a bit penetrations, but with his inability to put simple layups in and quite bad(but recently improving, truth to be told) foul scoring, it's not much.
    We"ll see. I hope that we find some number four (or Casspi returns), it will give Yannis more options.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

    Save English, ban macabeo....

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,116
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    He does a bit penetrations, but with his inability to put simple layups in and quite bad(but recently improving, truth to be told) foul scoring, it's not much.
    We"ll see. I hope that we find some number four (or Casspi returns), it will give Yannis more options.
    This is an observation that goes a long for many players in Euroleague. Finishing of drives and especially under contact is one of the biggest differences between NBA and Euroleague quality players in my opinion.

    Bender lacks aggressive attitude, sometimes I have the feeling that Sfairopoulos has to beat him up at trainings to force him to search contact.

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,116
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    @Zalgiris fans:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxyxRMNdC9o
    Schiller was guest in Dzikic's podcast! Very good guest. Beginning from 01:24:00
    Great insights for G-League and Zalgiris.
    Last edited by Katastroika; 11-16-2020 at 09:36 AM.

  13. #73
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,029
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    @Zalgiris fans:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxyxRMNdC9o
    Schiller was guest in Dzikic's podcast! Very good guest. Beginning from 01:24:00
    Great insights for G-League and Zalgiris.
    Not the right time for casual Zalgiris fans, after that big loss vs Maccabi and win only after OT yesterday vs Prienai, Schiller is becoming persona non grata again ))

    Anyway, thnx for the link, I'll listen to it


  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,116
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Not the right time for casual Zalgiris fans, after that big loss vs Maccabi and win only after OT yesterday vs Prienai, Schiller is becoming persona non grata again ))

    Anyway, thnx for the link, I'll listen to it
    Same here with Obradovic. His head is wanted by some in middle-november. Great stuff, like people never followed basketball especially in this high-intense schedule. We are all the same scum.

  15. #75
    Senior Member Gudura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    587
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Same here with Obradovic. His head is wanted by some in middle-november. Great stuff, like people never followed basketball especially in this high-intense schedule. We are all the same scum.
    It's an roller coaster my friend.
    After beating CSKA in overtime after -15: This is a team with great attitude. Finally we have a coach. Final 8 here we come
    After losing from Khimki and Bayern in last 5 minutes: Obradovic doesn't handle this team. No game plan at all. We depend much on ISO game of Loyd, and this private entrepreneur O'Bryant
    After beating Asvel +21 on a road: Finally! Great defense! Walden's coming, obviously coach told him to be more aggressive. Great game plan by Obradovic. Great adjustment on Fall
    After first half with Real: Great game. Great tactics. We are so aggressive, great job coach! We should lead by +15! Finally useful O'Bryant, Obradovic obviously found him a role
    After end of the game with Real: Again we stopped playing in last 5 minutes. This is coach's fault, it's repeating again and again
    After hard win against outsider Split: This team sucks, at least 6-7 players we have to change. Obradovic doesn't know what he's doing with this team and especially with this hardwood O'Bryant!

    After the game with Milan:
    1.Final 8 here we come, we should play against Barca without fear, everything's possible
    2. Please Covic, swallow your pride, and call Radonjic, he's still available

    Crvena Zvezda fans - ship full of lunatics
    Crvena Zvezda 2020/2021



    PG: Hall, Colom, Uskokovic
    SG/PG: Walden
    SG: Loyd
    SF/SG: Lazic, Dobric, Radanov
    SF/PF: Davidovac, Simonovic
    PF: O'Bryant, Simanic
    PF/C: Reath, Jagodic-Kuridza
    C: Kuzmic, Nnoko

  16. #76
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post

    Fener is not loosing because Ulanovas, he is role player and nobody, except you, is expecting he will lead Fener.
    Hahahahhahahaa

    This is joke of the year I am the last person in the world who expect anything from him, you must be crazy

  17. #77
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Please find those quotes. My only comparison between them was in first half of Fener:Bayern game. I don’t even understand your obsession with Lucic, he was under contract before the season and is more expensive than Ulanovas. No way Fener could get him.
    No need to find quotes because I don't have a time for that but if you find a single quote that you say Lucic is better player then Ulanovas I will apologize.

    You are double fantasy winner but you don't have a clue about basketball. You must have some advisor because what you write in this forum is pure ignorance.

    Regarding you like statistics let compare them. Lucic 2nd best PIR in EL 20.9, while Ulanovas in this moment PIR:5.4

    I'm a little embarrassed that I must explain to Real fun that my team player is worse then Bayern player but it's your fault, you like to stick nose where manners say you don’t do that. Better take care of your team and let us poor people to comment our players.

  18. #78
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    6,006
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    No need to find quotes because I don't have a time for that but if you find a single quote that you say Lucic is better player then Ulanovas I will apologize.

    You are double fantasy winner but you don't have a clue about basketball. You must have some advisor because what you write in this forum is pure ignorance.

    Regarding you like statistics let compare them. Lucic 2nd best PIR in EL 20.9, while Ulanovas in this moment PIR:5.4

    I'm a little embarrassed that I must explain to Real fun that my team player is worse then Bayern player but it's your fault, you like to stick nose where manners say you don’t do that. Better take care of your team and let us poor people to comment our players.
    I obviously have no clue, not only about basketball, but more importantly with whom I can have normal conversation. I admit, I was totally wrong there. Won't happen again.
    previously known as Beno

  19. #79
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    I obviously have no clue, not only about basketball, but more importantly with whom I can have normal conversation. I admit, I was totally wrong there. Won't happen again.
    I agree. If your the only bashing targets are Vesely and De Colo, and never say a word about junk players in Fener I admit we are miles away for normal conversation. I consider you as troll and provocateur. You are the only one who said that Ulanovas is better then Lucic which is such nonsence and stupidity.

    I even admited you are right about Vesely, but you continue with stuborn consistency to repeat that 5.4 is more then 20.9. What we should talk about after that. Keep your mind focused on your team.

  20. #80
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    6,006
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    I agree. If your the only bashing targets are Vesely and De Colo, and never say a word about junk players in Fener I admit we are miles away for normal conversation. I consider you as troll and provocateur. You are the only one who said that Ulanovas is better then Lucic which is such nonsence and stupidity.

    I even admited you are right about Vesely, but you continue with stuborn consistency to repeat that 5.4 is more then 20.9. What we should talk about after that. Keep your mind focused on your team.
    This is my last. I never said Ulanovas is better player. I have written after first half of their game, that he was better in that half and he was. Nando was a fantastic player, but he's 33 now and in steady decline. Nobody is comparing Nando/Vesely with Ulanovas. They're getting 3x more money for a reason and expectations are much higher for them. You're writing like Ulanovas is your main problem. He's not. Look at Crvena Zvezda, whose whole budget is what Vesely and Nando are getting, and what work is doing Sasa Obradovic there. Fener is underperforming and it's on your GM, coach and players. Sure Ulanovas looks bad in last games, but who is not in Fener?
    previously known as Beno

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •