Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 5

Zvezda won the game with PIR 79:97

I didn't watch the game but it's weird

Quote Originally Posted by thiago94 View Post
    I wonder who called Hackett a mediocre Eurocup player.
    Of course he is a fantastic player, but not shooter. Let's be honest...all basketball gods in all universes and parallel universes were carrying his shots today, he hit out of desperation almost backstepping over a 2.15m player... But besides all - we played marvellous defense and at one of the most crucial defensive possesions, maybe you saw it, Hall who played cleanest defense (1 foul in such a game!) made totally unnecessary correction/help on Mike James to let him Hackett open. I like Daniel a lot but this was really too much today. He hit of course. In Serbia we say - if it's a ball then it should be a maskenball I hope you get it. But every single zvezda fan in the world, just to make a point, would have favoured before today's game such - even overhelping - detraction on James.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Zvezda won the game with PIR 79:97

I didn't watch the game but it's weird
    Deduct and add foulpoints of players on PIR and you will see why...

I'll take the win but I don't enjoy the fact that we needed 50% from 3, including 7 from Nedovic.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Shane will most likely play next week against Oly. I wonder how he comes back after 2 knee injuries but if he can show at least with 50% it will be more than enough for these standards right now.

Of course he wont solve all the problems of Efes, especially defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    I'll take the win but I don't enjoy the fact that we needed 50% from 3, including 7 from Nedovic.
    Actually it's 38%

This is good and deserved win for Pao

Fenerbahce was lucky that it faced a weak opponent tonight. It would have ended up 120 to 70 against a serious opponent.

Fun fact:
    Zvezda never lost a home EL game, when Lamonica is a main referee
    Bravo Luigi!
    Bravo Zvezdo!!!!
    Crvena Zvezda 2020/2021

PG: Hall, Rochestie, Uskokovic
    SG/PG: Walden
    SG: Loyd
    SF/SG: Lazic, Dobric, Radanov
    SF/PF: Davidovac, Simonovic
    PF: O'Bryant, Simanic
    PF/C: Reath, Jagodic-Kuridza
    C: Kuzmic Terry

My SF picks for this season run the show good as expected, at least by me. Lucic and Giedraitis are among top5 players wth PIR 22.6 and 20.3

Our Ulanovas and Pierre with 7.2 and 5.8 are not among top100 players in this moment.

Giedraitis was free agent but I didn't hear we was interested in him which is obvious mistake. Lucic as I heard was target but it wasn't confirmed. Poor scouting in any case, I don't think it was budget problem at all. We could bring one of those two for the same money we gave for Ulanovas and Pierre. Biberovic could in that case be backup SF. It's always better to have one top player on some position and backup for him to play 10-15 minutes, then two mediocre players who share minutes.

Both players are capable to help in games like those against Bayern and Pao and take responsibility. Now it's late but for the record I had to post this.

Now I expect from Vivo to disagree as usual but it's ok, I'm used to it
    Last edited by janketa; 10-24-2020 at 05:45 PM.

My SF picks for this season run the show good as expected, at least by me. Lucic and Giedraitis are among top5 players wth PIR 22.6 and 20.3

Our Ulanovas and Pierre with 7.2 and 5.8 are not among top100 players in this moment.

Giedraitis was free agent but I didn't hear we was interested in him which is obvious mistake. Lucic as I heard was target but it wasn't confirmed. Poor scouting in any case, I don't think it was budget problem at all. We could bring one of those two for the same money we gave for Ulanovas and Pierre. Biberovic could in that case be backup SF. It's always better to have one top player on some position and backup for him to play 10-15 minutes, then two mediocre players who share minutes.

Both players are capable to help in games like those against Bayern and Pao and take responsibility. Now it's late but for the record I had to post this.

No comments about Vesely and Nando, whose earnings are around 5 mio?
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    No comments about Vesely and Nando, whose earnings are around 5 mio?
    Vesely is overpaid and it's known. What to say about that when it's done last season? We are talking about this year signings.
    De Colo deserves every cent imo.

Vesely is overpaid and it's known. What to say about that when it's done last season? We are talking about this year signings.
    De Colo deserves every cent imo.
    Nando, considering his salary, was the main reason for last 2 loss. He had disastrous 6 Qs in a row.
    previously known as Beno

Nando, considering his salary, was the main reason for last 2 loss. He had disastrous 6 Qs in a row.
    Like he is the only one player in El who had bad games considering big salary

What is about Llull or Higgins last season? You never commented them. It's just Calathes, De Colo, Vesely, Calathes, Veseli again and again, come on man

You never had true and fair look towards Fener. You lift some mediocres from our roster in the sky and in the same time bash good players.

Like he is the only one player in El who had bad games considering big salary

What is about Llull or Higgins last season? You never commented them. It's just Calathes, De Colo, Vesely, Calathes, Veseli again and again, come on man

You never had true and fair look towards Fener. You lift some mediocres from our roster in the sky and in the same time bash good players.
    Llull's basketball career as top player ended with his knee injury. Barca simply doesn't need anything special from Higgins, they're just that deep. Put Higgins in Fener and he would be pretty special, because he unlike Nando plays D. too. Nando had Teo and Rodriguez in Cska. It's totally different situation in Fener. Kokoskov is expecting too much from Nando. He was never in his career good Pg.

Calathes is the worst volume 3 points shooter in EuroLeague history. Vesely is the worst player to win MVP and Nando, who I like as Sg, plays wrong role in Fener.

Who do you expect to win last 2 games? Role players or stars, who are paid as superstars. Do you know why Spanoulis is a legend? Not because he played some good games in regular season, but because he was the best when the games were on the line. Where was Nando in second half against Bayern? Where where Nando and Vesely yesterday?
    previously known as Beno

Dont forget Kalinic.. He is doing well in Valencia.

Best European Basketball Highlights Channel - AGHighlights
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJ..._as=subscriber

https://www.euroleague.net/competiti...asoncode=E2020

I fully expected Bender being terrible, but man this is brutal.
    previously known as Beno

https://www.euroleague.net/competiti...asoncode=E2020

I fully expected Bender being terrible, but man this is brutal.
    Yep, not exactly the new Erceg.
    People talked about Vujcic trying to save him, but wouldn't it have made more sense to sign for a non EL team where he would play a lot?

Do you know why Spanoulis is a legend? Not because he played some good games in regular season, but because he was the best when the games were on the line. Where was Nando in second half against Bayern? Where where Nando and Vesely yesterday?
    Spanoulis never won a Euroleague title without a quality PG next to him either. He had a pretty underwhelming 2012 final (although the pass to Printezis was inspired) and was eclipsed by Acie Law in 2013. He got his first title as part of an Obradovic superteam and managed to create a situation in Olympiacos where he got most of the credit when they won and none of the blame when they fell short.

He also never created the chemistry with another guard that we saw from the Teodosic - De Colo duo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Spanoulis never won a Euroleague title without a quality PG next to him either. He had a pretty underwhelming 2012 final (although the pass to Printezis was inspired) and was eclipsed by Acie Law in 2013. He got his first title as part of an Obradovic superteam and managed to create a situation in Olympiacos where he got most of the credit when they won and none of the blame when they fell short.

He also never created the chemistry with another guard that we saw from the Teodosic - De Colo duo.
    I think we all agree that De Colo needs a man beside him who will help at least a little bit. Sloukas wasn't that man but totally the opposite.
    Brown, Vesely and Barthel are good players but not those kind of players. Rest of the roster are just role players. We need one more player with factor X and we could be ok. I am sure that player could be Giedraitis. Now we have to wait what will happen accross the ocean in december

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234