No announcement yet.

Euroleague Regular Season: Week 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a good point but personally I assume that the classical 3-week-training camps with 3 scrimmages won't happen this year as we are used to it. Besides all, if undrafted, every player has to ask his agent if an EL agreement with possibility to play in 2nd best league in the world is more valuable than a possible (!) 2-way-contract in the NBA (if even worse G-League 100k contract).

I am curious about this draft because the draft class is not peaking in quality extremely high but there is great "depth" in it with many quality players that will hang out for a contract. Some rosters in EL are pretty stacked and full but besides all almost every team has it's weakspots that could be fulfilled. It's necessary to mention that we are speaking about 1 (I hardly believe 2) signings per team in maxima.

Comment

Hi all

I missed the discussions busy week

Fener experiences the early woes of a new team imo. But as they said we have money for an addition and we might need it if one of Brown/Westermann doesn't step up

Team cohesion on the court should improve with time I am not too worried about that

Were there any fights here this week I should be aware of?
      Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
      Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
      Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
      Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Fenerbahce (if the team wants to have a chance for final four) needs a guard who can balance the disadvantages of de Colo on the defensive end. He should also bring a certain shooting percentage if you ask me but signing a guard is inevitable to have a chance for final four as i said. There is of course a gap on four but you can fill the spots with guys like Ulanovas, Pierre etc. We can discuss about the fitting. Its surely not the optimum but if there is just one shot, a guard is the only option.

I read some trades with Westermann and Heurtel on Twitter written by some Fenerbahce fans. Its a good idea if you want to destroy the team from FBs perspective. The next question would be "is Westermann Barcelona level player?".

Comment

Zenit St Petersburg vs AX Armani Exchange Milan 49-51
          Zalgiris Kaunas vs Valencia Basket 51-49
          ALBA Berlin vs Baskonia Vitoria-Gasteiz 51-49
          Panathinaikos vs Fenerbahce 45-55
          crvena zvezda mts belgrade vs cska moscow 47-53
          khimki moscow region vs maccabi playtika tel aviv 45-55
          Anadolu Efes Istanbu vs. LDLC ASVEL Villeurbanne 60-40
          fc bayern munich vs olympiacos piraeus 53-47
          fc barcelona vs real madrid 55-45

Comment

Wow it's raining 3's in Lithuania. (Zalgiris 6/7)

Comment

Love ball game in Kaunas. Almost no brakes, time outs. Both teams are oiled. It's like more compact and tougher NBA game. Zalgiris still looks like the best EL team thus far, who knew. Second half might be close though.
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Schiller relies too much on offensively sucking Walkup. Bring offensive trio in Lekavicius, Grigonis, Jokubaitis.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Kalinić looking good...

Comment

Great game in Kaunas.

Comment

Schiller keeps ruining the game keeping Walkup at 1

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

This might finally be a season that could profile Marinković as a nice 3&D wing, he's got a sick range.

Comment

Now it's Valencia's turn to shoot the lights out...They can't miss...

Zalgirs' defense in the second half hasn't been effective stopping penetration but Valencia's shooting in the second half is just awesome.....

Comment

I don't recall double technical on a coach so easily in the last years. The lack of respect for Kokoskov by refs (compared to Obradovic) is clear.

For the record, it doesn't help were playing shitty
                            Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                            Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                            Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                            Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Valencia was great in the second half, but also Schiller screwed with rotation. Keeping completely toothless Walkup (he's almost useless at 1) and then completely sucking at D Milaknis...Zalgiris needs Garino badly and till he's not available Jokubaitis had to close the game at three.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Really really good game, physically, mentally and tactically. Valencia is a really good team. Credits to Zalgiris for fantastic first half. They looked like Golden State.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information