This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Last Dance"

the bball globally and the IBN was too quiet for a long while. In the meantime, this 10-episode documentary "Charting the rise of the 1990's Chicago Bulls, led by Michael Jordan, one of the most notable dynasties in sports history" has been the talk of sports media. What did you guys think?
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Very American (not su surprising). But I liked it a lot. Throwback in one of the best eras the NBA ever had. I like it. It's widely considered one of the best sports documentaries of all time - in eyes of many the best. I am not so into this issue but it's really a cool breakdown of late 80's and 90's Bulls.

Comment

To me it gave better understanding about Jordan's personality his behaviour with teammates. Also to know more about legendary GM Jerry Krause and how he was mocked by MJ and PIP. IDK, sort of enjoyed, sort of was bored a little bit. Now I don't feel the same looking to Chicago team as I felt in my teen years. And to be honest, I felt Pip's situation was the biggest drama. The guy was superstar yet got pennies. He probably was second best player in the league at that moment. Also, documentaries were way too pro Jordan. It covered too little how crazy the guy actually was, Mr. Obsession.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I liked it. It was nicely done. Even tho I learned almost nothing new from this doc, almost everything was more or less known to anyone who watched that era, then some related docs before "Last Dance" came out, but still it brings lot of good memories from childhood, first teen years, from NBA I enjoyed and loved the most, when you used to wake up late at night to watch the games. MJ and Bulls was something back then. You could love or hate them, but you couldn't stay indifferent. During 2nd 3-peat was always against the Bulls, no matter which team they played against, maybe cause MJ and Bulls kicked-out my beloved Orlando Magic with Penney and Shaq in 1996 PO. For a kid it was enough to go against them Anyway no matter that was still going to school with Bulls jacket and snow cap, you just couldn't deny the greatness

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
          I liked it. It was nicely done. Even tho I learned almost nothing new from this doc, almost everything was more or less known to anyone who watched that era, then some related docs before "Last Dance" came out, but still it brings lot of good memories from childhood, first teen years, from NBA I enjoyed and loved the most, when you used to wake up late at night to watch the games. MJ and Bulls was something back then. You could love or hate them, but you couldn't stay indifferent. During 2nd 3-peat was always against the Bulls, no matter which team they played against, maybe cause MJ and Bulls kicked-out my beloved Orlando Magic with Penney and Shaq in 1996 PO. For a kid it was enough to go against them Anyway no matter that was still going to school with Bulls jacket and snow cap, you just couldn't deny the greatness
          Right. but there were also lots of "never-seen before" footage, and those were especially cool, imho. Like MJ's celebration in the room with the piano (what a terrible pianist!), most of his harassment scenes towards Burrell, his foreshadowing of the flag incident while driving in his "two trey" vanity plated RR with Rashad... etc.

MJ was already a bball God when I started watching the NBA (late 90s), so this documentary somehow made him more human, at least in my eyes. His self-motivating rants were entertaining.

It was a bit difficult to buy parts of the story though, as narrated by MJ (the pizza story in Utah, his non-involvement in Isiah Thomas's exclusion from the 92 team, etc). it's in the end his documentary, and he had complete control over the content, which probably is not 100% accurate.

Great documentary overall, really enjoyed it. Hope more stories come out one day.
          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
            Right. but there were also lots of "never-seen before" footage, and those were especially cool, imho. Like MJ's celebration in the room with the piano (what a terrible pianist!), most of his harassment scenes towards Burrell, his foreshadowing of the flag incident while driving in his "two trey" vanity plated RR with Rashad... etc.
            I totally agree, some really interesting footage in there. Like when MJ was signing the shoes for Scott Burrell's college friends, he was joking with them about UConn as if he was just one of the guys. Clearly they were in awe of him, but he was able to put them at ease. As much as he was very very demanding of his team-mates and particularly tough on players like Burrell, there is that other side to him. I think right after that scene was the bit where he talks about the price of winning before he starts choking up. Just fascinating viewing.

I still think this doc was a bit harsh on Jerry Krause, especially in the earlier episodes. As the GM, he did have the responsibility of looking to the future, even though I think most basketball fans agree that that Bulls teams was broken up too soon. I don't think it mentioned that he was close to trading Pippen for a young Tracy McGrady?

Comment

I watched it with kind of low expectations, because I knew the 99% of things they will talk about. I came away happy with it, because they let Jordan rip into people and often he didn't have the moral high ground to do it. I like that, the raw approach, where you don't dance around topics and polish them for TV. I like that he called out Pippen for example. Of course, some things he said, it's just inexcusable but it is also what it he believes, so it is real. You don't have to agree what he is saying to appreciate the honesty from his side. I think they did a great job.

Two major points:

- I was jumping around the house like a little kid when Eric B and Rakim "I Ain't No Joke" came up and the montage of young MJ just killing everybody and dunking on them. It was such a blast from the past. I felt 12 again. That love for basketball and expectations you have as a kid came back. I think I rewatched the segment like 10 times

- I kind of broke down when the Kobe part came up. I was in tears there. Different kind of gut punch...
              '

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                - I was jumping around the house like a little kid when Eric B and Rakim "I Ain't No Joke" came up and the montage of young MJ just killing everybody and dunking on them. It was such a blast from the past. I felt 12 again. That love for basketball and expectations you have as a kid came back. I think I rewatched the segment like 10 times
                '
                It's amazing when something can evoke those feelings of childhood so powerfully. Thanks for sharing this, Coach. Must have been incredibly nostalgic.

Comment

Pippen maybe didn't get the most fair treatment but overall good.

Comment

I want to discuss something related to this forum, i am new here and i want to know the rules of this forum. Can anybody tell me about this?

Comment

Well why did you ask in this thread of all places? There were plenty of more logical places where you could have asked a question.

Oh, and incidentally, no unpaid commercial messages are allowed if that's your question. We call it Spam.

Finally, why is this silly thread a Sticky?

Comment

Originally posted by erik mills View Post
                        I want to discuss something related to this forum, i am new here and i want to know the rules of this forum. Can anybody tell me about this unblocked games?
                        It was executed quite well. Despite the fact that I didn't pick up too much fresh information from this document

Comment

Originally posted by DavidYork
                          The last dance is a mega event, and a mega headline, even though Michael Jordan finished his career 20 years ago, but the memory of that season still gives me goosebumps.
                          Too bad he couldn’t leave well enough alone after the ‘98 season and that iconic ending. He had to come back years later and look like a bulked up over the hill version of himself that translated into two no playoff overall losing seasons. By far the two worst seasons of his career. They served absolutely no purpose.
                          Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Just desire to mention your article is tremendous. The clearness of your positioned-up is just cool and I'm able to suppose you’re knowledgeable in this subject.​ Keep posting more buy the love without walls sophie jacket, thank you for sharing with us and giving us your special and precious time.
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

In the tumultuous fight landlord & tenants dispute, tensions soar as both parties fiercely defend their rights. Arguments erupt over unpaid rents, property maintenance, and lease obligations, creating a battleground of legal complexities. Amidst emotions and negotiations, resolution becomes paramount to restoring harmony and stability to the property.
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information