• History has been made:

LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• This is still remains the narrative of Augustas career. He has to lock himself into for endless shooting drills. But no-one is going to get away from him passing touch, ability to run the team and to play heck of a defence, Can't wait for July and U20. First, Tubelis' dominance, second - Marciulionis' development. As I said, I think our future BB foundation lies on high IQ guards. We may lose or may not lose super prospects as Buzelis, but if we can develop high IQ guards who can make rock solid decisions we will be OK.

IMO, we'll might face new element that we didn't see previously. Our guards line may be able to play defence for the first time. In 90's Chomicius was on decline already and Marciulionis was so vital offensively that he wasn't working as hard defensively as he could. 00's...I won't even mention, it was all offense 10's was average/decent (Kalnas, Seibutis, Pocius, Lekavicius, Grigonis).

But D. Giedraitis, A. Marciulionis, R. Jokubaitis have all high defensive motor. First two are basically lock down defenders for Euro guards standards. Defence and elite decision making is something that we will probably identify with this upcoming guards generation and I like it.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• D. Giedraitis is not exactly PG, but I thought it's good place to put it here. Estudientes lost the final of second league and won't play in ACB next season. That's what I wanted. This means Giedraitis will continue to be on a loan if some bigger team (Zalgiris) won't pay the buy out and sign new contract. I know Tenerife interested in him. This would mean ACB and Champions League for Dovis next season. I also think staying in Liekabelis is perfect situation for him.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Some say Jokubaitis can't go ISO. I disagree. Sure, his primarily weapons are decision making, p'n'r reads, flexible facilitation and so on, but he can create his own shot to really decent extent. In upcoming 4 years he will become even more dominant at it. Here's his ISO/ankles/shot creation highlights:

PS: Many people argue that Jokubaitis in this year's draft would be top 20 pick, one of the best PGs in the draft. Here's his shot chart. Dominant, even if still pretty low usage:

Last edited by Straight forward; 06-21-2022, 12:56 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Jokubaitis with a strong start of the season. He has stronger competitor in Satoransky this season, but he himself will be better too. Pretty impressive PG section of Barsa, including Lapro to the extent too.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• And here highlights. I think physically he is still not where he was when he was at the top of last season. But I can see an improvement in terms of facilitation. That's his next step. He has to be sharper, more aggressive and creative passer. He needs to improve his decision making quickness when he's looking for open guys, precision and execution. He showed some glimpses of extremely quick and elite readings this summer, but he still away from being truly dominant facilitator, that's his next step.

F.C. Barcelona vs B?squet Girona - Semifinal Lliga Catalana 20.09.202212 pts, 2FG 3/3, 3FG 1/3, FT 3/3, 8 Assists.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Watched Barsa vs Real. Jokubaitis was clutch again. Big three down the stretch in 4th quarter and he was attacking the paint and made some buckets in the OT. He was facilitating nicely too. It seems that now Lapro and Jokubaitis are 2 best Barsa's guards. Satoransky will need time to adjust to Saras' system and Higgins injured.

And BTW new rule of ACB is money. So fun to see those fast brakes. It changes the game a lot.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I watched the CL qualification final game against Chemnitz and Tofas so it gave me one game insight of Velicka. The guy is a walking time bomb, too wild and cant handle any decisive minute. He gave the game away with a horrible pass. If you play him then as a scorer and not as a decision maker. He is simply not made for decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                    Watched Barsa vs Real. Jokubaitis was clutch again. Big three down the stretch in 4th quarter and he was attacking the paint and made some buckets in the OT. He was facilitating nicely too. It seems that now Lapro and Jokubaitis are 2 best Barsa's guards. Satoransky will need time to adjust to Saras' system and Higgins injured.

And BTW new rule of ACB is money. So fun to see those fast brakes. It changes the game a lot.
                    despite him hitting those clutch shots he was still not a main PG on the floor, Laprovittola being the floor general in the guard lineup lol...looks like Sharas also can see his limitations as a playmaker and doesn't trust him to orchestrate the offense. He's OK as a combo guard though and might still be a useful piece of our NT in the future when he gains more experience

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                      I watched the CL qualification final game against Chemnitz and Tofas so it gave me one game insight of Velicka. The guy is a walking time bomb, too wild and cant handle any decisive minute. He gave the game away with a horrible pass. If you play him then as a scorer and not as a decision maker. He is simply not made for decisions.
                      I agree I watched him this summer and previous game in CL qually. He has athleticism to go to the cup, he can make good pass here and there. His defense can be at times defense (even though he doesn't have natural motor and loses his concentration), but his decision making is barely improving. He can still get better, but he won't be good enough to be primarily PG. Seems like he should concentrate on aggressive scoring. I think Velicka will have a hard time to make NT. We have Jokubaitis, D. Giedraitis, A. Marciulionis, M. Rubstavicius as next guards and Brazdeikis will play the 2 a lot as well + very talented 06 generation guards. I think he will have a hard time to get in, but if he will it should be more like 2 - aggressive slasher, not facilitator.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
                        despite him hitting those clutch shots he was still not a main PG on the floor, Laprovittola being the floor general in the guard lineup lol...looks like Sharas also can see his limitations as a playmaker and doesn't trust him to orchestrate the offense. He's OK as a combo guard though and might still be a useful piece of our NT in the future when he gains more experience
                        What are you watching dude? Saras started Satoransky at 1 and Lapro at 2. Jokubaitis subbed Satoransky and played at 1 exactly. Dished Vesely nicely. Down the stretch Saras played even Lapro, Jokubaitis, Satoransky. It's not the first time he plays with 2 or 3 PGs down the stretch. It doesn't mean that Saras doesn't see Sato or Joku as point guards

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• when I was saying 1 year ago that Velicka is combo guard

one expert here was telling me how dare i ... Velicka is pure pg because in u-16 kids tournament he dominated the ball

One more season for Velicka one game per week

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                            What are you watching dude? Saras started Satoransky at 1 and Lapro at 2. Jokubaitis subbed Satoransky and played at 1 exactly. Dished Vesely nicely. Down the stretch Saras played even Lapro, Jokubaitis, Satoransky. It's not the first time he plays with 2 or 3 PGs down the stretch. It doesn't mean that Saras doesn't see Sato or Joku as point guards
                            No need to get your panties in the twist over your lover boy - I've only watched the end of the game and he was relegated to 2 guard spot playing alongside Lapro, which only logically means that he's not as good at playmaking. I've also seen enough of him in Eurobasket and he's just not cut to lead the team at this level as a main PG. Sorry to burst your bubble pal

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                              when I was saying 1 year ago that Velicka is combo guard

one expert here was telling me how dare i ... Velicka is pure pg because in u-16 kids tournament he dominated the ball

One more season for Velicka one game per week
                              Yeah, you were right on this matter. I expected more development in recent year in terms of facilitation and decision making.

And he unleashed 13threes...made 5 which is solid 38.5%, but come on...A bit too much. He seems like a player who is good when he can be primarily attacker, primarily scorer who can take tons of shot and to have good defensive decision making guard next to him..

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
                                No need to get your panties in the twist over your lover boy - I've only watched the end of the game and he was relegated to 2 guard spot playing alongside Lapro, which only logically means that he's not as good at playmaking. I've also seen enough of him in Eurobasket and he's just not cut to lead the team at this level as a main PG. Sorry to burst your bubble pal
                                So watch all the game instead making stupid comments. There were possessions where Jokubaitis played with the ball or Lapro down the stretch. It was the story all season long last year too. Saras prioritize Lapro ATM more cause he's finished product. Stop playing your stupid fanboy games. No-one cares.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information