Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 2

I didn't watch the game but it seems like Nedovic isn't in good condition yet. Does anyone has something to comment?

I mean, was he just bad or is he just not ready?

I wasn't expecting much from Sykes but...yikes...
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    I didn't watch the game but it seems like Nedovic isn't in good condition yet. Does anyone has something to comment?

I only watched the last quarter but it looked like Pao just wanted Nedovic to save them like he's Curry or something. No movement, everybody looks at Nedovic etc
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    I only watched the last quarter but it looked like Pao just wanted Nedovic to save them like he's Curry or something. No movement, everybody looks at Nedovic etc
    Was similar in the previous 3 quarter only difference Papapetrou was the embodiment of Curry instead of Nedovic.

Senior Member Demetrios I. Soter's Avatar

Pao - Oly was a really bad game to see. The team that played a breeze less bad deserved to win. We practically played without a PG that made the difference. Nedovic again a complete disappointment, he needs to wake up soon. Foster looks very solid.
    Anyway it´s very early

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios I. Soter View Post
    Pao - Oly was a really bad game to see. The team that played a breeze less bad deserved to win. We practically played without a PG that made the difference. Nedovic again a complete disappointment, he needs to wake up soon. Foster looks very solid.
    Anyway it´s very early
    +1

I watched last 15 minutes and I can say if you didn't watch the game, you didn't miss a thing...
    The Lighthouse in the Darkest Seas

Anyway it´s very early
    Who needs a PG if you have Petrou? But what should he do if nothing happens. The best guy on the court and difference maker is still Printezis with his 35 years.

The red menace won today thanks to mafia refs of Jordileague but they are washed up and useless everybody will crumble before PAO who are kings of Europe with 6 (SIX) titles you will all see that Pao still rules Europe despite Jordi and his mafia

Sorry guys didn't want to wait until saras chimed in. How does it look?
    A good impression, try more caps?

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Who needs a PG if you have Petrou? But what should he do if nothing happens. The best guy on the court and difference maker is still Printezis with his 35 years.
    Who didn't play at all in the 4th quarter. Basically having played little to no basketball in 6 months, most teams are still in pre-season mode.

Talk about a disappointing newcome, Allerik Freeman. I guess EL is much more difficult than the French League.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019

jololo now tested negative. a third test on sunday will say if he got a 'false positive'

wow
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Quote Originally Posted by radallo View Post
    jololo now tested negative. a third test on sunday will say if he got a 'false positive'

wow
    Actually, an identical situation happened on Monday. One of Lithuania's national football team players tested positive for COVID, thus considering health precautions he was isolated. The day after he was re-tested and the outcome came back negative. Additionally, he was tested once again by taking his blood sample. Results showed that he ain't got no COVID nor than he had it before. Hopefully, Jo wasn't infected and he will able to help us in the upcoming double week.

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post

We all know his situation. Great talent but destroyed with injuries...

He had bright moments with Unicaja but after Malaga he was more injured than healthy for two years in Milano.

Just how bad Panathinaikos is? Olympiacos shoots 3pts with %18 percentage, 1/5 Sloukas, 1/6 Spanoulis, 0/4 Harrison, they even missed 8 free throws, and Olympiacos still wins the game against Panathinaikos with +7.
    FENERBAHÇE
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish Basketball League ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague ---

Nedovic again a complete disappointment,
    That was a surprise for you?

Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    If Pao is relying on Nedovic's performances, they would make a big mistake. He was never consistent (mostly because of injuries) before, they should think Nedovic as their no.2 guard. They also lost Calathes, which was the main player of their roster, the things will be very different for Pao as well.
    FENERBAHÇE
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish Basketball League ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague ---

I said about Nedovic's transfer to PAO (especially when I heard who will be head coach) that this cannot work out. Nedovic needs a clear role, clear system and huge authority on the bench. He is a very intelligent and good guy but with a huge leading gen which is much greater than his quality. In some running systems he could be deadly. But he really needs authority. The interesting thing is that he was best in Unicaja when he had all freedom of the world - paradox like often in sport. Zvezda wanted to sign him, he wanted to join but his agent suggested him to join PAO. Understandable financially and PAO is a bigger team but in long terms a disastrous move for his career. I am sure that he would be much better under Obradovic than under Vovoras.

Generally PAO didn't look good yesterday and Sykes looks like a horrible addition to a disbalanced roster. Their roster is not bad, but it simply looks not suitable. I just watched 2nd half but with this game a team cannot go far in EL. Even if they would won it. They are behind 8 in a derby and play 3 iso sets for threes at the top of the key. Their coach doesn't seem to control Papapetrou either. Papapetrou is a good player but he really is not so good to act like he does on the floor this season.

One more thing: Disgusting the way people make fun of PAO anyways. Especially fans of rich teams. We will see how you will perform when you will rely on a domestic base some day and if you will laugh on yourself then.

PS: Basketball without fans is nothing, horrible. I put my season ticket on the table while watching. It really feels bad to watch Euroleague home games on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    One more thing: Disgusting the way people make fun of PAO anyways. Especially fans of rich teams. We will see how you will perform when you will rely on a domestic base some day and if you will laugh on yourself then.
    If you point a finger at me, I was poking fun at saras and not Pao. And I have listened to people thrashing Fener since I was a child to until a couple of years ago so I'm used to it
    Last edited by vivo; 10-10-2020 at 08:31 AM.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

It seems that win against Khimki wasn't good indicator, how good Pao is. In generally level of playing in Euroleague is disastrous. We should probably expected that after so long pause and very short preseason, but still. If we add Covid-19 situation with no fans and teams missing players every week, that will continue for a long time.
    previously known as Beno

If you point a finger at me, I was poking fun at saras and not Pao. And I have listened to people thrashing Fener since I was a child to until a couple of years ago so I'm used to it
    Not at all. I like your comments and consider you a good sportsman.

My opinion is that Pao was not good, because they had a good performance last week, were less experienced than Olympiacos and had the burden of playing at home while essentially they were not. Players like Spanoulis, Printezis, Sloukas, Papanikolaou know OAKA very well. So, they had an advantage by being the guests in an empty arena. On the other hand, Pao is a new team, with young players, who were not ready yet to be the favorites in a derby such as this one so early in the season.

Olympiacos is probably somewhat better this season. First and foremost, because they have experienced players. They are not ready either, but they have more potential for this season. Pao has more potential on a long term basis. This years Pao should remain humble and steadfast. It's an entirely new young team, with a core of young Greek players and some new arrivals who need to be integrated. Not to mention a new head coach. They need time, but they are an interesting project. Unlike other post-Obradovic Pao teams, this Pao has the tools to build the fundamentals for a formidable team.

On that note I do have some criticism on Pao's coach. During the last match against Khimki, Pao was more experimental and free. The coach used Kalaitzakis for example, while now he was benched the whole game. Why not allow him to play a couple of minutes? Also Mitoglou played a lot less. This is why these Greek derby's are actually poison. It was a waste of a good basketball week for Greek clubs. Glad we have this one over with. Now we can enjoy some basketball next week.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Not at all. I like your comments and consider you a good sportsman.
    Thank you, likewise. I didn't see it, how was the game against Baskonia? Last week I had said CZ was better than they looked against us - there were many missed easy shots and first week jitters by the new guards - but I wasn't expecting a thrashing of Baskonia either. They are also a good team.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast