Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 2

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Thank you, likewise. I didn't see it, how was the game against Baskonia? Last week I had said CZ was better than they looked against us - there were many missed easy shots and first week jitters by the new guards - but I wasn't expecting a thrashing of Baskonia either. They are also a good team.
    When you shoot 13/25 for three it is always difficult to get beat in home games in Euroleague but as you mentioned last week we play one of the best defenses in Europe already now and this Serbian - American mix looks good so far. Baskonia plays formidable defense, too. It was a dogfight that was won by the more physical team because we could extend physical game into the second half. There are still negative things, boxing out is a one of them after great defensive rotations. We plays full court presses that translate in icing of two guards of the ball handlers and switch everything afterwards. This is physically incredibly exhausting but the team plays it good. I think that the game against Zalgiris will be a good parameter to show where we really are. We are not so bad like we looked in Istanbul but also not so good we looked yesterday, I think. After all I think we are better than i expected and can be a positive surprise this year. We are still waiting for Rochestie and Terry and I think there will be an addition with a classical power forward, too. This role is filled by swingmen Simonovic, Jagodic-Kuridza and Davidovac, Simanic is a strech option but if we add another strong player that in an ideal world can attack with his face to the basket I think we have a complete roster.

And of course, we have a great coach. I am really impressed by the defense he put up.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    When you shoot 13/25 for three it is always difficult to get beat in home games in Euroleague but as you mentioned last week we play one of the best defenses in Europe already now and this Serbian - American mix looks good so far. Baskonia plays formidable defense, too. It was a dogfight that was won by the more physical team because we could extend physical game into the second half. There are still negative things, boxing out is a one of them after great defensive rotations. We plays full court presses that translate in icing of two guards of the ball handlers and switch everything afterwards. This is physically incredibly exhausting but the team plays it good. I think that the game against Zalgiris will be a good parameter to show where we really are. We are not so bad like we looked in Istanbul but also not so good we looked yesterday, I think. After all I think we are better than i expected and can be a positive surprise this year. We are still waiting for Rochestie and Terry and I think there will be an addition with a classical power forward, too. This role is filled by swingmen Simonovic, Jagodic-Kuridza and Davidovac, Simanic is a strech option but if we add another strong player that in an ideal world can attack with his face to the basket I think we have a complete roster.

And of course, we have a great coach. I am really impressed by the defense he put up.
    Baskonia was awful on defensive-end. Zalgiris is not good either at defense, especially covering three points shots. We allowed Olympiacos to shoot tons of open triples, but they ain't managed to hit them. If Zvezda is going to keep a similar playing style as they did against Baskonia, there's no chance for us.

Speaking of Khimki - Zalgiris game. Results for Khimki's players came back negative so it's good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    Baskonia was awful on defensive-end. Zalgiris is not good either at defense, especially covering three points shots. We allowed Olympiacos to shoot tons of open triples, but they ain't managed to hit them. If Zvezda is going to keep a similar playing style as they did against Baskonia, there's no chance for us.

Speaking of Khimki - Zalgiris game. Results for Khimki's players came back negative so it's good to go.
    I read your comment yesterday, bro. I disagree. Yes, especially Jekiri was falling out at the pick in first half 3 times but generally they played very hard defense on the edge of foul and forced a lot of turnovers (especially from Walden) due to pressure. Had easy points out of this. In the second half they fell apart but generally they played hard and good defense in first half. Just received 36 points and we just made 13 in 2nd quarter.

After time out Žalgiris has to engage 5th gear and make the biggest difference.

Quote Originally Posted by G&B View Post
    After time out Žalgiris has to engage 5th gear and make the biggest difference.
    They're playing faster this year and bombing 3's today....Little different style under the new coach...

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    They're playing faster this year and bombing 3's today....Little different style under the new coach...
    Khimki is playing with 6 players + 1 just to fill the spot. They cannot beat anybody with that team.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Khimki is playing with 6 players + 1 just to fill the spot. They cannot beat anybody with that team.
    Yeah i know....It's crazy

The official box score has 7 players that have got minutes.....(one of them being Odinokov)....Bertans on the list as the 8th guy but has a DNP.

It looks Zalgiris didn't take Q4 serious. 3 points in 6 minutes.
    previously known as Beno

Vladislav Odinokov didn't feel so lonely on the court Pretty nice Russian prospect. As for Zalgiris, I liked how Rubit played, rock solid. Grigonis so far lives up with expectations, really can shoot, but don't like his physical shape, too soft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    They seem to like that simple play of just getting a bit of space off an on ball screen and firing a quick 3.....Especially Wilbekin......He is their best and has the guts to take big shots in the 4th quarter...Seems to be the shot he's comfortable with...
    ma is offensively very predictable. individual shots or ball to zizzic/hunter. no ball moviment. nothing.i appreciate nteams that even attempt 30 3p shots per game but dont like individual bball offense. last year we watched some good offensive matches. actually nothing good altought i think this is a very good team . we only miss diba to have a full-option roster

Kokoskov is the best thing that could happen to Fener after Zoc.

I am not happy with some roster decisions but I suppose some of them are conditioned with lower budget. We can not forget Gherardini factor in such decisions.

But all those things aside, the way he leads this what he has on the court is magnificent.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789