No announcement yet.

Euroleague/Club Competition 2020-21: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSKA will self destroy them with Shved and Hezonja. I really hope that this is not true. They would be better if they continue without anyone than with those two.

Comment

• Shved doesn't make sense, cause he can't play in EL for CSKA. If James will leave, CSKA needs a player now, to finish this EL season. Maybe in summer, if Khimki will collapse, maybe then Shved could be an option, but also kinda doubt if Vatutin will go after him, I don't remember him or Itoudis showing too much efforts to bring Shved to CSKA when he was free agent, but we'll see.
      Hezonja also looks like a suicide

Comment

• IMO, they should go after Shabazz Napier. He was a crucial player for several NBA teams as a backup PG and he's probably one of the best available PGs in the market right now. Since you're losing Mike James, a relatively low assist ratio will hurt team's performance as you will be missing the main ISO player. Therefore, going for players like Henzonja wouldn't make sense for them at all. Prolly, Nigel Williams-Goss would have been a good shot as well, but he already signed with Lokomotiv. Gabriel Lundberg might sound like an option, but we all know that they won't find same caliber player to replace James. Although, playing Strelnieks as a backup PG sounds kinda shabby to me.

Comment

• If it would be first time when M.James got in problems with team management that i would support him more.But now when in it repeating over and over again i dont know what to make of it. For me he is euroleagues A.Iverson unique tallent rebel,that follow and watch is something special,but on other hand is he a champion that is ready to go extra mile?

Covid situation change everything there are millions of people that havent seen their close ones for half a year or more.Right now situation in the whole world is tottaly diffrent,we cant go other country any time we want and thats goes alot in this conflict and cska position.

M.James already made multiple conflicts with coach or what ever and cska club maybe got enough of his rebel actions ?

We all remember what feelings was in Italy when he left armani from both sides.Its not an accident when it repeats.

Comment

• Sorry to ask an obvious question, but I thought the deadline for signings from other EL teams had passed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
              Sorry to ask an obvious question, but I thought the deadline for signings from other EL teams had passed?
              Yup, it already has passed.

Comment

• Last year it was not easy for me to get used to my favorite team’s new look with James. But towards the beginning of this season it looked like this would finally work out. I thought that Mike changed his attitude at least to some extent after the Milan story. Obviously, he did not. People like him can't be taught anything. He is a natural born troublemaker. So, if not for his grandpa, there would be smth else, like it already happened in November.
                “No discounts on my services” is quite all right while you, on your part, act as a professional and not as some hysterical primadonna – like “I'm offended, and I don't want to talk to anyone, not even my teammates”.
                I cannot understand one thing – does he really have no sports ambitions? This team gave him an opportunity to become an MVP and maybe win a championship. They trusted him and gave him a 3 year contract in the situation when he could hardly dream about it. (By the way, in his video interview Mike said that he himself called Itoudis and asked for a job. And they took him after Kyle said he was ok.) Of course, big ambitions always mean certain efforts and sometimes sacrifices. Now it just looks like he is not mentally ready for big achievements. If so, then good riddance for this one.
                As a matter of fact, we do not really know all the details of the conflict. Grandpa’s death is only one side of the coin – Mike’s. I’m absolutely sure there is much more to this.

As for Shved – God save us from this disaster!

Comment

• "I cannot understand one thing – does he really have no sports ambitions?"

Looking at his previous decision in his career, no, I'd say no he doesn't.

But I think this can be understood. How many of us (unfortunately most of us) see their profession just as a tool to make money to spend in what they really care about. Few of us have the privilege to do the job they really like to do, thus being constantly motivated to improve and acheive always the best.

I though professional sportsmen should be among those lucky ones... but I've never been a professional sportsmen and I don't have a clue what's outside the basketball court... so I guess not all sportsmen are really so lucky.

One aspect is to me really eye-opening: if you claim to be a PRO, you should act like a PRO, in every circumstance, not only ask to be treated/respected like a PRO.
                  EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

• Originally posted by iraz View Post
                    Last year it was not easy for me to get used to my favorite team’s new look with James. But towards the beginning of this season it looked like this would finally work out. I thought that Mike changed his attitude at least to some extent after the Milan story. Obviously, he did not. People like him can't be taught anything. He is a natural born troublemaker. So, if not for his grandpa, there would be smth else, like it already happened in November.
                    “No discounts on my services” is quite all right while you, on your part, act as a professional and not as some hysterical primadonna – like “I'm offended, and I don't want to talk to anyone, not even my teammates”.
                    I cannot understand one thing – does he really have no sports ambitions? This team gave him an opportunity to become an MVP and maybe win a championship. They trusted him and gave him a 3 year contract in the situation when he could hardly dream about it. (By the way, in his video interview Mike said that he himself called Itoudis and asked for a job. And they took him after Kyle said he was ok.) Of course, big ambitions always mean certain efforts and sometimes sacrifices. Now it just looks like he is not mentally ready for big achievements. If so, then good riddance for this one.
                    As a matter of fact, we do not really know all the details of the conflict. Grandpa’s death is only one side of the coin – Mike’s. I’m absolutely sure there is much more to this.

As for Shved – God save us from this disaster!
                    What about Teo? It looks far the best option for Cska and he's not exactly happy in Bologna. I'm not sure, if Virtus will let him go, worth trying.
                    previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                      What about Teo? It looks far the best option for Cska and he's not exactly happy in Bologna. I'm not sure, if Virtus will let him go, worth trying.
                      You must be joking Bologna and Djordjevic made roster around him for next season with the highest possible ambitions and now they would let him go back?

Comment

Some are saying deadline to sign players for EL has already passed, but do you think there is any chance Madrid would be interested in James?
                        Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
                        2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
                        Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
                          You must be joking Bologna and Djordjevic made roster around him for next season with the highest possible ambitions and now they would let him go back?
                          May I remind you that both were already out of Bologna for few hours.
                          previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
                            Some are saying deadline to sign players for EL has already passed, but do you think there is any chance Madrid would be interested in James?
                            Deadline for players, who have already played in Euroleague has passed. They can sign not Euroleague players. Madrid has no use for him.
                            Last edited by Killer Bob; 01-27-2021, 05:11 PM.
                            previously known as Beno

Comment

Deadline for players, who has already played in Euroleague has passed. They can sign not Euroleague players. Madrid has no use for him.
                              Thanks. They will definitely need to do something about the backcourt in the offseason though.
                              Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
                              2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
                              Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

• Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
                                Thanks. They will definitely need to do something about the backcourt in the offseason though.
                                They need, but there really aren't any good Pgs available. Maybe Campazzo returns, he went in wrong Nba club and to wrong coach. But he signed 3 years deal, so not very likely to return.
                                previously known as Beno

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information