Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2020-21: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Quote Originally Posted by bakas View Post
    Axel Toupane is being offered to Žalgiris, according to Rytis Vyšniauskas. https://www.lrt.lt/naujienos/sportas...etuviska-derbi ~33:30.

In my opinion, Axel would not be a bad addition. He's able to play elite defence, can guard 1-3, mediocre shooter, able to run the floor. I think with Lauvergne as his team mate and with Schiller instead of Šaras, he'd be able to fit even better in current Žalgiris.

Edit: fun fact - Axel and Joffrey are from the same village in France, their parents played basketball together as well, so they've known each other for most of their lives and both not only played for France NT, but for Denver Nuggets. https://milehighsports.com/axel-toup...on-to-the-nba/
    Doubt they gonna risk signing a contract with Toupane. He's after achilles injury, so having two SF's with health issues would make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    Doubt they gonna risk signing a contract with Toupane. He's after achilles injury, so having two SF's with health issues would make no sense.
    Sure. But on the other hand, don't forget that they have very little to spend, so they'll have to risk either way, for example, by signing a G-League player with no Euroleague (or even European basketball) experience.

So, if we're looking at someone who is from G-League with no Euroleague experience and at someone who's experienced and already has a good chemistry with starting-C, it'd not be a big surprise if Žalgiris takes the "injury risk" instead of "no-experience risk". At the end, they'll probably get someone to evaluate how well he has recovered from the injury and that'll be the decisive moment. Despite Axel's sometimes poor decisions in offense (especially, during fast breaks), I really loved his defense and how much pressure he was usually able to put on ball-handlers.

Finally, I really doubt that they'd go for a short-term contract with someone who could become their leader and then could possibly leave for NBA.

Let's wait and see, I'm pretty sure the decision will be made in the upcoming week.

Basketnews podcasters are speculating that it would be neat to sign Butkevicius as his buyout clause is really low. Even though it is only a speculation, as far as I know, Zalgiris was interested in signing Butkevicius in the offseason. At least there was a rumor that he might replace Ulanovas in case he leaves. Nevertheless, Ulanovas waited until the last minute to sign with Fenerbahce and Butkevicius already had a signed contract with Rytas. Both, Butkevicius and Toupane would be really great fits for Zalgiris as they can play decent defense and are a quite similar type of players. I'd say Toupane is a bit better on defense due to his wingspan and a bit better offensive player on the open floor. Butkevicius has his own advantages over Toupane and the most important that he is a native player. Although, as I said, signing a just-recovered Toupane for me seems to be a chance that is equal slim to none.

Speaking of G-League, I think that Schiller is capable of finding cheap gems out there. Who knows G-League market better in Europe than he does? Especially when Schiller relies a lot on 1v1, 2v2 plays, a highly skilled individual player at a third position that would be capable of playing decent D might be a good addition knowing the fact that Schiller ain't uses tough-to-remember plays.

Frank Mason III would be a really nice Campazzo replacement for Real Madrid

Addition in the third position for Zalgiris seems to be impossible as government is going to implement attendance restrictions this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    Frank Mason III would be a really nice Campazzo replacement for Real Madrid
    Watched him a lot in Kings where he had much more playing time than in Milwaukee. Would be a huge downgrade if they would try to install him instead of Campazzo in my opinion. I don't think that Real can afford to make such a risky move.

Campazzo is finished with Europe in his mind. You could see it clearly against Barca. To crown it all also Llull has been playing like shit. Real needs a generational change if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Agree. Zvezda will shoot 35 threes every game if we look at first prep games and EL and ABA games. Rochestie's signing goes in that direction, too.
    nope
    obradovic is a very limited coach writing of ball moviment for shooters. so zvezda, despite his tradition, will not shoot from the arch so much

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    nope
    obradovic is a very limited coach writing of ball moviment for shooters. so zvezda, despite his tradition, will not shoot from the arch so much
    Thank you for the explanation, maccabeo.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Campazzo is finished with Europe in his mind. You could see it clearly against Barca. To crown it all also Llull has been playing like shit. Real needs a generational change if you ask me.
    I'm surprised you haven't been on the phone to Laso, persuading him to renew his roster with some Turkish prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    I'm surprised you haven't been on the phone to Laso, persuading him to renew his roster with some Turkish prospects.
    There is nobody i could recommend. We Turks are always short on play maker in BB. Actually, its a European problem.

According to k.net, Sykes is set to leave PAO, whilst Demetrius Jackson being a potential rumored replacement. He requested Rytas to terminate his contract yesterday due to "personal" reasons. Baskonia might be interested in signing Jackson likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Watched him a lot in Kings where he had much more playing time than in Milwaukee. Would be a huge downgrade if they would try to install him instead of Campazzo in my opinion. I don't think that Real can afford to make such a risky move.
    Who would you prefer as a replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    Who would you prefer as a replacement?
    Noone because I don't really care. But if predictions are right Joel Ayayi should be undrafted (what's craziness by itself) and if no EL team takes him all teams should shut down their scouting. He's European, he played in a great NCAA system and generally you cannot fail on players of Gonzaga. Just one example of a more compatible player if taken into consideration that he never played EL. By watching NBA potential unrestricted free agents this year I would take all (really all) in front of Frank. Of course from this list a 90% will get a contract but also those who will come short. He is really not that caliber for carrying a team like Real. Campazzo will be a quite irreplacable loss.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/point-guard/

Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    According to k.net, Sykes is set to leave PAO, whilst Demetrius Jackson being a potential rumored replacement. He requested Rytas to terminate his contract yesterday due to "personal" reasons. Baskonia might be interested in signing Jackson likewise.
    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...-over-baskonia

So Baskonia looking to move on from their guards im assuming? Why would they be intrested in PG?

Quote Originally Posted by Pessimisticoptimist View Post
    So Baskonia looking to move on from their guards im assuming? Why would they be intrested in PG?
    Replacement for Khadeen Carrington, who was in Baskonia's plans this season?

PAO signs Shelvin Mack on a 2 month contract.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Quote Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post
    PAO signs Shelvin Mack on a 2 month contract.
    What's the deal with signing guards that played for Milan last year? He's the third already this season.

Perez moves to Fenerbahce.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast