Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2020-21: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    He would just skip Turkey games. It doesnt mean he must avoid Europe entirely but it wont happen anyway.
    I wouldn't trust Russian games too. . He is a high level target for Erdoğan and AKP, I am pretty sure there will be an interpol search warrant which will make some diplomatic crisis.

Pau who? ..official this 3245th time...
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Mike james to panathinaikos. After the end of the season
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    Mike james to panathinaikos. After the end of the season
    James, Nedovic, Hezonja in one team?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Remember when Milano tried two thirds of this combination?

Mike James and Nedović is a wining combo from Milan

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    They should add D-Will, Bender and Dzanan Musa as well. Then appeal to Euroleague for playing with 3 basketballs, aiming for the coveted 120-110 games.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

It's strange how from season to season same people here are saying the same things and always turn out to be wrong.

I remember the same story about James when there was rumor about move to CSKA. I was the only one who claimed that he is one of the best players in the competition but he needs coach who will route him. Itoudis as one of the best coaches in EL and he did that. Now we see the result, just two games without him and CSKA was lost

Nedovic is one of the better shooting guards in the competition. I would be happy if my team could have 2 Nedovic and 2 James in the same time, with right coach and game plan. Great players are not ball hogs by definition like some think, they are team players too and they know their limits. James proved that this and last season.

Should we take Harden from this season like example maybe? Great players are great because they know to adapt to the circumstances.

I totally agree with Janketa. Great players can co exist perfectly with the right coaching i a non toxic enviroment. We have seen 2009 Panathinaikos with DD, Saras, Spanoulis, Drew Nicolas, Pekovic, Batist, Fotsis, Tsartsaris all at their prime, coached by Zelico and Itoudis. The result was the most dominant team in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    It's strange how from season to season same people here are saying the same things and always turn out to be wrong.

I remember the same story about James when there was rumor about move to CSKA. I was the only one who claimed that he is one of the best players in the competition but he needs coach who will route him. Itoudis as one of the best coaches in EL and he did that. Now we see the result, just two games without him and CSKA was lost

Nedovic is one of the better shooting guards in the competition. I would be happy if my team could have 2 Nedovic and 2 James in the same time, with right coach and game plan. Great players are not ball hogs by definition like some think, they are team players too and they know their limits. James proved that this and last season.

Should we take Harden from this season like example maybe? Great players are great because they know to adapt to the circumstances.
    I'd wait a moment before calling James a great player. Is he a very capable player? Yes. Does he know how to adapt? No, his career is a string of seasons characterized by great regular season performances and failures at playoffs/final fours, followed by sour departures. I'm all for making it work with multiple talented players like Pao of old times prasinos mentioned or Warriors with Durant, but it requires players to sacrifice their shots and invest in the team chemistry. All we see over the years is James taking shot after shot and causing issues in every locker room.

Also, the reason CSKA was so bad without James is that they created the whole team based around his volume shooting. When you design a team for him, adding players that kill the opponents with the offensive rebounds, James can score. It's a whole different matter when you have more than one player who wants to play like him.

Edit: I forgot to mention Hezonja - he is also inefficient and lives for his own stats. It's a huge leap of faith to bring this type of players together and hope that they play in a way different than they did their whole life
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post

Not the only one though

Quote Originally Posted by prasinos View Post
    I totally agree with Janketa. Great players can co exist perfectly with the right coaching i a non toxic enviroment. We have seen 2009 Panathinaikos with DD, Saras, Spanoulis, Drew Nicolas, Pekovic, Batist, Fotsis, Tsartsaris all at their prime, coached by Zelico and Itoudis. The result was the most dominant team in Europe.
    I'd say thats not the right comparison Saras, DD or majority of that group were never the players who would have troubles to share the ball or would be known as troublemakers, they perfectly could co-exist in any stars filled roster, Saras did that in Barca with Bodiroga, Navarro and co, in Maccabi in his prime years with plenty of stars beside him, in Lithuanian NT, DD did that in PAO, Greece NT. While James, Hezonja are nutcases, James already causes plenty of troubles in CSKA with his behaviour, conflicts with coach. CSKA did changed their game to comfort him, but you never know what will happen next, what he won't like, how he will react. That's where the problem lies and then you have similar type of player in Hezonja it might be a ticking bomb. Nedovic also loves the ball, but maybe isn't that complicated personality, never heard about that, but it might be very hard for him to co-exist with former two.

James and Nedovic are simply not complementary. Yes, they are great scorers but they both need the ball so badly. Especially if both on the floor. They had some kind of alpha dog battle in Milano where the whole team was standing around the perimeter while they were playing one on five. Ironically they are personally very good friends - was surely a fun time for them winning nothing with twice as high budget as all other teams in Italy. Nedovic and James together does not work. It's proven. It's not about their qualities but that their disadvantages are so obvious if together on the woods.

Where would Papapetrou be here? Where Mitoglou? PAO needs a pass first point guard (I know that this is called "point guard that can't shoot" here from some persons unfortunately). They have a decent team for the future and need stability and not another volume scorer. If so, they shouldn't continue with Nedovic. Simple as that.

Asvel tabs Heurtel
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    James and Nedovic are simply not complementary. Yes, they are great scorers but they both need the ball so badly. Especially if both on the floor. They had some kind of alpha dog battle in Milano where the whole team was standing around the perimeter while they were playing one on five. Ironically they are personally very good friends - was surely a fun time for them winning nothing with twice as high budget as all other teams in Italy. Nedovic and James together does not work. It's proven. It's not about their qualities but that their disadvantages are so obvious if together on the woods.
    It's true but what about coach's role?

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    I'd wait a moment before calling James a great player. Is he a very capable player? Yes. Does he know how to adapt? No, his career is a string of seasons characterized by great regular season performances and failures at playoffs/final fours, followed by sour departures. I'm all for making it work with multiple talented players like Pao of old times prasinos mentioned or Warriors with Durant, but it requires players to sacrifice their shots and invest in the team chemistry. All we see over the years is James taking shot after shot and causing issues in every locker room.

Also, the reason CSKA was so bad without James is that they created the whole team based around his volume shooting. When you design a team for him, adding players that kill the opponents with the offensive rebounds, James can score. It's a whole different matter when you have more than one player who wants to play like him.

Edit: I forgot to mention Hezonja - he is also inefficient and lives for his own stats. It's a huge leap of faith to bring this type of players together and hope that they play in a way different than they did their whole life
    My focus was on James and Nedovic, not Hezonja and co... Messina did nothing with James but Itoudis is different type of coach. He is smart enogh to let freedom and in the same time to lock that freedom and sacrifices for the team. Most of the CSKA's sets are starting from James individual quality, which ends with assists or his points.

Barca registered Gasol for EL games
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Quote Originally Posted by radallo View Post
    Barca registered Gasol for EL games
    After Gasol's signing my list is:

1. Barca
    5. Milano, CSKA, Efes, Fener

Edit: The only mistake imo.. They shouldn't have let go Pangos because that could be the only chance for other teams in F4. I am not sure about Calathes's performance when final game comes..

Bertans out, Mickey/McCollum might be next.
    Last edited by edvinas9; 03-02-2021 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    Bertans out, Mickey might be next.
    Source about Mickey?

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast