No announcement yet.

Euroleague/Club Competition 2020-21: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Eric is another problematic guy... and not a Cska potential player. I think Itoudis knows something better... even though he could be useful sometimes, looks like a wrong player to me, too.

Comment

• Shaq is staying in Oly for two more years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
        I agree with Edgar. Randle came here from Australia, where he was a league's topscorer IIRC, with few months left in our season, he was ok fit for lower level like LKL, also that final was easy one for us, 4-1 and few blow-out games, so even tho MVP is always a nice individual catch, but not that he did smth really remarkable In EL it was much tougher for him, in everything, defense, scoring, leading the team, so not keeping him for next season was a right choice. I didn't see him lately, but back in his prime he wasn't EL level PG, so doubt he would be good for Real now I don't know if Real are in the market for a new one, few months ago they stated they are not, but some JJ Barea could've made much more sense, was surprised he moved to ACB's bottom team

BTW, CSKA adding (unofficially yet, but Chema is usually very reliable source) Michael Eric was a real surprise
        Do you think Heurtel will be a Real player next season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
          Do you think Heurtel will be a Real player next season?
          I think the same Chema tweeted few weeks ago that there's already an agreement between them (1+1)

Comment

I agree with Edgar. Randle came here from Australia, where he was a league's topscorer IIRC, with few months left in our season, he was ok fit for lower level like LKL, also that final was easy one for us, 4-1 and few blow-out games, so even tho MVP is always a nice individual catch, but not that he did smth really remarkable In EL it was much tougher for him, in everything, defense, scoring, leading the team, so not keeping him for next season was a right choice. I didn't see him lately, but back in his prime he wasn't EL level PG, so doubt he would be good for Real now I don't know if Real are in the market for a new one, few months ago they stated they are not, but some JJ Barea could've made much more sense, was surprised he moved to ACB's bottom team

BTW, CSKA adding (unofficially yet, but Chema is usually very reliable source) Michael Eric was a real surprise
            Just saw the second half of their game in the ACB League...In the 4th quarter they had three different guys carrying the ball up the court on offense...One possession it was Causeur, the next was Abalde, and then Alocen after that....Seems like it's point guard by committee right now........We'll see how they look when April and the playoffs roll around.......And whether or not they're still a championship caliber team like they were before.......Gonna be tough without Facu and Randolph i think....

Comment

• TJ Bray signing for PAO but he can't play in the Euroleague, yes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gman365 View Post
                Just saw the second half of their game in the ACB League...In the 4th quarter they had three different guys carrying the ball up the court on offense...One possession it was Causeur, the next was Abalde, and then Alocen after that....Seems like it's point guard by committee right now........We'll see how they look when April and the playoffs roll around.......And whether or not they're still a championship caliber team like they were before.......Gonna be tough without Facu and Randolph i think....
                Anything might happen in F4 if they'll make it, but they way things stands right now I don't consider them serious contenders. I think Barca will beat them in ACB too. Might be that Real just trying to give more opportunities to their big talent Alocen and the same newly signed Abalde in backcourt, there must be a reason why they paid 1.5mln buy-out for him, cause their local core is getting old (Llull, Rudy) and they needs some fresh blood like never before, so it could be that they are making some sacrifices here. Time will tell, maybe this tough period will change Laso and co minds

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                TJ Bray signing for PAO but he can't play in the Euroleague, yes?
                Yes, but read in Greek press that they are not seeing it as a problem. Probably he will replace Foster or Mack for local battles. Maybe PAO is also starting to think about next season as Bray should have an options in his deal (till 2023)

Comment

• I liked Bray a lot in Vechta, he was a fucking beast. I really expected him to deliver in Munich. Think that could be a good signing for both sides, PAO and him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                    I liked Bray a lot in Vechta, he was a fucking beast. I really expected him to deliver in Munich. Think that could be a good signing for both sides, PAO and him.
                    Indeed, there were rumors about Zalgiris chasing him back in his Vechta days, so I used to watch him in that surprising Vechta's run to BBL semis. Very smart, versatile guard. I thought that he will deliver in Bayern either, but he had a really bad luck to get injured right before the start of 19/20 season and when it looked like he will miss just few weeks, it turned out to be few months, then all these changes in Bayern's coaching staff. Obviously he didn't suit Trinchieri's style too much, but he might be much more efficient under Kattash. We'll see

Comment

Anything might happen in F4 if they'll make it, but they way things stands right now I don't consider them serious contenders. I think Barca will beat them in ACB too. Might be that Real just trying to give more opportunities to their big talent Alocen and the same newly signed Abalde in backcourt, there must be a reason why they paid 1.5mln buy-out for him, cause their local core is getting old (Llull, Rudy) and they needs some fresh blood like never before, so it could be that they are making some sacrifices here. Time will tell, maybe this tough period will change Laso and co minds

Yes, but read in Greek press that they are not seeing it as a problem. Probably he will replace Foster or Mack for local battles. Maybe PAO is also starting to think about next season as Bray should have an options in his deal (till 2023)
                      That makes sense. He had a good game against PAO last season so that might have helped put him on their radar.

Comment

Yeah good take.....Getting their young guys established will speed up the transition to a new young core.....Was always impressed with Abalde offensively and Alocen is very green...He needs experience.

Comment

• Mantas Kalnietis is drawing interest from Panathinaikos.

Comment

• PAO breaks all records for point guard signings this year I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by edvinas9 View Post
                              Mantas Kalnietis is drawing interest from Panathinaikos.

https://twitter.com/Urbodo/status/1359121555272445953
                              Loko are struggling a bit in the EuroCup so perhaps this move would be more tempting now than if they'd been contenders?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                                Loko are struggling a bit in the EuroCup so perhaps this move would be more tempting now than if they'd been contenders?
                                Sources from PAO claims that there's no contacts between the sides. Hard to tell is it minds games or not, but for now it'd be not wise for Loko to let Kalnietis go, they still has chances to qualify to next round in Eurocup, everything is in their hands and for that they need all foreigners badly, basically there're only 8 foreign players with close to none help from locals. Without Kalnietis it would be very tough. When/if Loko will be eliminated, then it would be another story, they need only 6 foreigners for VTB

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information