Page 46 of 72 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2020-21: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

What are you thinking about Galatasaray's latest moves?
    I think the real transfer is he:

This is the former GM of Bandirma BB. He is a superb players selector. Calairo Kalairo and many more made the jump to Euroleague thanks to him. He is a magician and not only him GS transferred also Kerem Tunceri as co GM.

Yeah, Ögüt is the Turkish Campazzo and a good transfer who can let any team play. He can shoot and his offensive game is good but he is very restricted defensively. I rate this transfer with B+

Blackmon is a splendid shooter but thats all. Defense is bad he doesnt see anything on the court.

Seems GS is building again a team without any defensive capacity but lets wait for the next moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    I think the real transfer is he:

This is the former GM of Bandirma BB. He is a superb players selector. Calairo Kalairo and many more made the jump to Euroleague thanks to him. He is a magician and not only him GS transferred also Kerem Tunceri as co GM.

Yeah, Ögüt is the Turkish Campazzo and a good transfer who can let any team play. He can shoot and his offensive game is good but he is very restricted defensively. I rate this transfer with B+

Blackmon is a splendid shooter but thats all. Defense is bad he doesnt see anything on the court.

Seems GS is building again a team without any defensive capacity but lets wait for the next moves.
    "Turkish Campazzo" sounds pretty promising.

Didn't Gala have terrible financial issues during this season once again?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post

I have no idea but Turkish teams are always in trouble with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    I have no idea but Turkish teams are always in trouble with money.
    IIRC a few players left during the season. Did you see much of Daryl Macon when he was playing for them? He had some impressive scoring performances in the BCL and in Greece.

Guys, what is your opinion about Corey Walden? Reliable sources in Lithuania say, that Žalgiris is in advanced talks (or even a done deal) with him. Also, source say, that Schiller sees him more as a SG. Maybe that means, that we will get bigger PG (Jaleen Smith) and on defence they will switch places.

Also, if you could describe Niels Giffey as a player, it would be awesome.

Thanks!

nothing is confirmed but there is a strong probability that barthel and fener could part ways.

Fenerbahçe İstanbul

They elected a new president last week, and this one already pointed out during his campaign his strife was to turn GS into an A-licensed Euroleague team, and revive the plans of constructing a 15k arena next to their football stadium. If a president also prioritizes basketball rather than treating it like a liability, you can disregard financial issues from football, because you can easily gather the finances for basketball through sponsorships in Turkey, especially as a bigger franchise. I expect more basketball movement from GS in the upcoming years.

it sounds pretty... false. Campazzo is defined by his pestering defense, and Ogut has none of it.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
    Guys, what is your opinion about Corey Walden? Reliable sources in Lithuania say, that Žalgiris is in advanced talks (or even a done deal) with him. Also, source say, that Schiller sees him more as a SG. Maybe that means, that we will get bigger PG (Jaleen Smith) and on defence they will switch places.

Thanks!
    Borderline EL quality. Combo guard with good three point shooting, also way behind the arch. As a point guard pretty useless at this level. Especially in organized teams like Zalgiris that prefer playing 5 on 5 with clear structure. I like Walden and I'm grateful for his role here but he hasn't been reliable and has serious weaknesses on EL level.

Thanks!
    I think it means that they are looking for PG that can shoot, because Kalnietis and Lekavicius are not volume shooters and Schiller mentioned that they want more shooting next season.

Rumours about Nnoko to Bayern
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Teo will leave with 250k buyout.

Kokoskov should go for him. I don't expect that but it would be great for us.

If Efes bring him instead of Micic and keep Larkin they will be in level with Barca and CSKA, maybe even better.

3rd option is that CSKA bring him, then they will be 1st favorite for the title imo.

Thanks!
    In my opinion, he is not for Zalgiris, not much because quality, rather because style of play. He is shooting guard with physical abilities of point guard. He is talented, with good technique, shooting, very good athletically, he advanced in aggressive defense, and he doesnt require as much crucial role. What the problems with Walden are reading of play, unreasonable decisions, non-using drive,and lateral moves in defense. For Zalgiris, he is not that player who is first play creation option, he could be some version of good joker on sg with change role by occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Teo will leave with 250k buyout.

Kokoskov should go for him. I don't expect that but it would be great for us.

If Efes bring him instead of Micic and keep Larkin they will be in level with Barca and CSKA, maybe even better.

3rd option is that CSKA bring him, then they will be 1st favorite for the title imo.
    Supposedly Teodosic and Kokoskov are good friends and it would be great to see him on the same team as De Colo again.

Micov leaves Milan
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Supposedly Teodosic and Kokoskov are good friends and it would be great to see him on the same team as De Colo again.
    I agree about logic of that move from the reasons you mentioned, but there is no rumors about that or clear intention from Fener in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by radallo View Post
    Micov leaves Milan
    Ataman needs such player and regarding he is his ex player I expect him in Efes soon

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    I agree about logic of that move from the reasons you mentioned, but there is no rumors about that or clear intention from Fener in that direction.
    Yes, especially because of the cost involved.

Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    Its really interesting. According to Basketfaul Zalgiris offered for Hazer 600k Euro paid in two seasons like 300/300. I know the owner of Basketfaul. They would never claim something out of the air...

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    it sounds pretty... false. Campazzo is defined by his pestering defense, and Ogut has none of it.
    They call him like that because of his good decision making and passing abilities. Just calling someone like another player doesnt mean he must be a copy of the related guy but its right. Ögüt is not a defender.

Page 46 of 72 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast