Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2020-21: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    Walkup is an average player, he cant replace Vasa.

Meanwhile:
    Devin Booker to Fener (very good add)
    Jordan Mickey close to Maccabi (great add)
    agree with this

Booker very good, Mickey great

congratulations to Maccabi

Vasa was average when he came to Efes. Take it easy guys. Walkup is ok player in this moment

Larkin is the main man, from him everything started

Micic is MVP and he deserved that at the end but Efes and all story about them is Larkin. When he leaves story will end

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Nobody can replace Micic and thats not the point. Efes must just fill out the lack of creativity with another spot thats all. Considering the market situation Walkup is a good deal.
    Walkup is a player like Lekavicius or Milaknis. It's questionable how he will perform out of Zalgiris system. I think that team like Efes should look for better solution.

Maybe I am wrong after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spittifiz View Post
    dyshawn pierre, who rejected cska's offer, renewed contract with fener

https://twitter.com/yagosabuncuoglu/...48131750838273
    "Fenerbahce has reached a contract extension agreement with Dyshawn Pierre and is targeting Pierria Henry at guard position, I am told"

https://twitter.com/Carchia/status/1402172233724968960

Fenerbahçe İstanbul

3 years too late. FB should have targeted him 3 years ago after his Tofas final series against FB.

Another example of bad scouting of BSL by Fener. He had to change two countries after that to be on the radar.

Though it could be good move.

Quote Originally Posted by thiago94 View Post
    How is it even possible that Turkish Clubs can generate high budgets regarding the absolutely dramatic fall of Lira over the last decade? I have looked it up and most of the sponsors (Fenerbahce and Efes) are based in Turkey. Do they receive support of the government?

Benitez is a great dinosaur.
    Regardless of lira's situation, Turkish clubs cannot sustain themselves with natural incomes (sponsors, membership fees, tickets, tv rights etc).
    Company teams get funding from their companies (e.g., Efes from Anadolu holding), club teams from the mother club, city teams from their municipalities.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    "Anadolu Efes appeared in the race for Thomas Walkup, per sources. Hearing their interest is very serious." - Urbodo.
    I don't know what happened last year but I'm surprised to see players like Walkup, Wiltjer, even Henry mentioned for F4 contenders. either these guys improved a lot, or the level dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    Walkup is a player like Lekavicius or Milaknis. It's questionable how he will perform out of Zalgiris system. I think that team like Efes should look for better solution.

Maybe I am wrong after all.
    With Šaras out, there's no longer "Žalgiris system". Schiller's game was absolutely different from what we had before.

It was amazing that actually after getting more freedom, Walkup truly blossomed. Of course, it's probably due to having Šaras coaching him during the first two seasons, that allowed him to truly take advantage of the freedom he got from Schiller.

If it wasn't for Šaras, he would've probably ended like Vasturia, because Walkup's first season was pretty bad.

FB signed with Devin Boooker for 2 years. He will earn 1,3 in the first and 1,5 in the second season. Kyle O Quinn, Lorenzo Brown, Alex Perez and Bobby Dixon are out.

more good news for Janketa:

"Bobby Dixon, Lorenzo Brown, Kyle O'Quinn, Alex Perez, and Jarell Eddie have been released". (beIN Sports)

https://twitter.com/eglenceliat/stat...68661943672836

coach kokoskov does not want barthel and melih on the team next season according to this twitter flood. however, some club members want them to continue on the squad anyway (for whatever reason), which generates issues with the coach and club management. if is true then it explains sportando's current news regarding igor kokoskov and fenerbahce and also explains why ali koç met with local players last week.

since there is not much competition among local players, i think there were some who fell into complacency.
    coach does not want anyone except vesely, guduric, pierre, de colo, duverioglu and biberovic on the team.

Fenerbahçe İstanbul

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post

"Bobby Dixon, Lorenzo Brown, Kyle O'Quinn, Alex Perez, and Jarell Eddie have been released". (beIN Sports)
    I noticed than when Efes were about to receive the championship trophy yesterday that Melih Mahmatoglu looked close to tears. But I don't think he was crying for not winning the BSL title. Yesterday was perhaps the end of an era in Turkish basketball, one which started with his and Obradovic's arrival at Fener in 2013 and which concluded with Efes' domination of Euroleague.

Latest rumour is that Fener's front office are unsure whether Kokoskov will continue.

Yeah, but just partially

This was even expected, but I am waiting for Ulanovas, Melih and Sipahi decision. Ulanovas has one more year in contract and he will probably stay, but I don't know situation about Melih who is cancer of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Latest rumour is that Fener's front office are unsure whether Kokoskov will continue.
    Kokoskov did a poor job imo. When he came it was the easiest job on the world for him. Around 2 top10 EL players build roster that will be competive for the F4.

And what he did? The worst scouting in the history, with just one player(Pierre) who will continue for sure.

Give me De Colo and Vesely(5 milions) and 10 milions for the rest of the team and I will build roster that will fight for the title. That was what Ataman did in his 1st season.

But, regarding this is first season I think he deserves chance to continue, but with hard cuts in the roster and better scouting.
    Last edited by janketa; 06-08-2021 at 01:45 PM.

Come on. Bobby is only 38. Surely he has got a few more good years left in him.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019

The Turkish press claims that the future of Koko is doubtful and there are ambitions to make ZOC return. The second option is Andrea Trinchieri.

it looks like trinchieri will be our coach from now on lol. bring lucic with you andrea!

Fenerbahçe İstanbul

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Yeah, but just partially

This was even expected, but I am waiting for Ulanovas, Melih and Sipahi decision. Ulanovas has one more year in contract and he will probably stay, but I don't know situation about Melih who is cancer of this team.
    If he's not in the plans of the next coach it shouldn't be difficult to find another team for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    If he's not in the plans of the next coach it shouldn't be difficult to find another team for him.
    For 850k? Forget it.

Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast