Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2020-21: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Now this one sound serious. If that means Giffey/Cavanaugh as starters - we are done. Now it looks like Saras scouting days turns into Schiller's "I coached some players, they might be good" days
    Maybe it's just weid for us Serbians but it's interesting that Niels is player of Misko

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Maybe it's just weid for us Serbians but it's interesting that Niels is player of Misko
    Yeah, I know that he changed agencies recently. And of course Misko is magician in making some deals for his players, including NBA But this time it looks like Schiller is getting his already coached players back or relies a lot on his friends/connections, simply cause he lacks knowledge about European market yet. It might cost us badly, unless Schiller will have some magic stick like in Cinderella story to turn pumpkin into ferraris

Yeah, I know that he changed agencies recently. And of course Misko is magician in making some deals for his players, including NBA But this time it looks like Schiller is getting his already coached players back or relies a lot on his friends/connections, simply cause he lacks knowledge about European market yet. It might cost us badly, unless Schiller will have some magic stick like in Cinderella story to turn pumpkin into ferraris
    Misko is not magician but he has incredible power in all spheres that shouldn't be underestimated. He placed Milosavljevic who didn't play 2 years on preliminary roster of Serbia and he has tradition with his players in Zalgiris, I really wouldn't rate this facts too low

Misko is not magician but he has incredible power in all spheres that shouldn't be underestimated. He placed Milosavljevic who didn't play 2 years on preliminary roster of Serbia and he has tradition with his players in Zalgiris, I really wouldn't rate this facts too low
    Of course he would be one of the catalysts why Giffey decided to leave his local club and captaincy. New club, new deal = usually means more money for agent too. But the main factor here must be Schiller. I have little doubts about that. All the serious rumors so far are around his former players or very close to his connections - Cavanaugh (G-League), Giffey (German NT), Jaleen Smith (Ludwigsburg where Schiller worked few years and his close friend still coaching).

Of course he would be one of the catalysts why Giffey decided to leave his local club and captaincy. New club, new deal = usually means more money for agent too. But the main factor here must be Schiller. I have little doubts about that. All the serious rumors so far are around his former players or very close to his connections - Cavanaugh (G-League), Giffey (German NT), Jaleen Smith (Ludwigsburg where Schiller worked few years and his close friend still coaching).
    What's your objective take on Schiller after first season? It's interesting that many criticize him heavily as far as I can see and consider him to be a "structural coach" without capacities for adaption. Especially in first phase of season before your playbook was obvious for scouting it worked very well - I have good thinking of his knowledge but question is if he can further develop.

Now this one sound serious. If that means Giffey/Cavanaugh as starters - we are done. Now it looks like Saras scouting days turns into Schiller's "I coached some players, they might be good" days
    I highly doubt that Cavanaugh will be a starting-five player for us. He didn't prove that he is capable of playing at Euroleague's level, neither that he played extraordinarily in Tenerife. Although he might be useful entering the game from the bench, I am still skeptical about signing him. Opposite to that, Giffey might be. Zalgiris should have offered him a vital role and probably at least guaranteed a few years contract. Can't see why he would leave his hometown while being a captain to Zalgiris without any alterations in playing minutes or role. Doubt we have offered him more than ALBA did either.

Speaking of Darrun Hillard's rumors, it seems that Olympiacos is trying to sign him as well.

X - Lekavicius (?) - Jokubaitis (?)
    X - Milaknis - Lukosiunas
    Giffey - X - X
    X - Cavanaugh - Jankunas
    Lauvergne - Geben (?) - Blazevic

What's your objective take on Schiller after first season? It's interesting that many criticize him heavily as far as I can see and consider him to be a "structural coach" without capacities for adaption. Especially in first phase of season before your playbook was obvious for scouting it worked very well - I have good thinking of his knowledge but question is if he can further develop.
    Overall opinion among fans isn't that bad regarding him, nobody really questioning his stay for next season or want him to leave, at least not majority. Unless now he would fck up LKL finals, then the picture would change, but it's quite unlikely to happen. I think Schiller did quite good for his debut. It was like "low risk - high reward". We are paying him very little for EL standards, probably the cheapest coach out there. Maybe reward was not the highest, we didn't make it to EL PO, but actually the bar set by Saras was simply too high, for Zalgiris and our budget PO is not every season achievement and we still fought till very end, weren't hopeless in some January, so I'm fine with that. Too big shoes to fill. What I like about Schiller that he is dedicated guy, hard-worker, you can see that he is learning things. In the beginning he took things quite primitive, too American (G-League-ish), but he is open for critics, discussion and he is improving. But what is his ceiling so far it's hard to say. But I'd surely give him a chance, next season will tell a lot, now he has to build his own team. This season it was still mostly players from Saras system.

Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    I highly doubt that Cavanaugh will be a starting-five player for us. He didn't prove that he is capable of playing at Euroleague's level, neither that he played extraordinarily in Tenerife. Although he might be useful entering the game from the bench, I am still skeptical about signing him. Opposite to that, Giffey might be. Zalgiris should have offered him a vital role and probably at least guaranteed a few years contract. Can't see why he would leave his hometown while being a captain to Zalgiris without any alterations in playing minutes or role. Doubt we have offered him more than ALBA did either.

Speaking of Darrun Hillard's rumors, it seems that Olympiacos is trying to sign him as well.

X - Lekavicius (?) - Jokubaitis (?)
    X - Milaknis - Lukosiunas
    Giffey - X - X
    X - Cavanaugh - Jankunas
    Lauvergne - Geben (?) - Blazevic
    Lukosiunas and Milaknis should be there as SFs I believe, can hardly see Schiller changing the ways he is using them in EL mostly. With Giffey our SF basically would be closed if Lukosiunas will remain for next season, I guess he should as Lith.

I hope that Cavanaugh is not main option, but scary thing is that he might be and Schiller will try to get the best of him like he did in G-League + additionally some defensive guy will be added and that's it. Still too hard to draw all the puzzle, but so far I'm far from being optimistic regarding our roster

Fener close to Ismet Akpinar

What a day in the office for Misko lol

He's terrorizing us all for years and there's nobody to say stop.

Good nerves to my boys janketa and vivo

Fener close to Ismet Akpinar

What a day in the office for Misko lol

He's terrorizing us all for years and there's nobody to say stop.

Good nerves to my boys janketa and vivo
    I am not that harsh bro
    I just want to see Melih's back. It's hard to even imagine worse option, except players like Batuk and Ender Arslan.

From that reason, I am ok with this signing if it's true

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    I am not that harsh bro
    I just want to see Melih's back. It's hard to even imagine worse option, except players like Batuk and Ender Arslan.

From that reason, I am ok with this signing if it's true
    Who knows, generally I like Ismet, he is not bad at all, I simply think that he is not up to the task for playing in a team with Fener and in a EL role. If it's a BSL signing, it's a good one.

Who knows, generally I like Ismet, he is not bad at all, I simply think that he is not up to the task for playing in a team with Fener and in a EL role. If it's a BSL signing, it's a good one.
    His role would be exactly that, BSL league. The only Turkish player capable to make significant impact in EL is Sanli(he proved that). I don's take into account NBA players from Turkey of course..We can't have high expectations in this moment from any player.

It's enough that he can play some roles. I watched him and he seems ok to me.

there are rumours that de colos contract with fener extended/renewed for another two years at a reduced salary.

Fenerbahše İstanbul

According to Ugur Ozan Sulak FB signed Polonara. Its the first foreign transfer of the season.

https://twitter.com/ugurozan/status/1400478844461715456

Polonara reportedly signing with Fenerbahše

Re: Baskonia, according to Chema de Lucas:

1) Henry won't stay, Real Madrid the most likely destination (and I personally hope it's RM because that would mean circa 500K of euros for Baskonia as compensation for not going to tanteo in ACB, if he goes to NBA or a non-Spanish EL club he will leave the club for free)

2) Giedraitis is looking for a chance in NBA and if there's a match with some franchise willing to pay for his release, he's leaving.

3) Xabier Lˇpez-Arostegui (Joventut) has an offer from Baskonia, he's contract for one more season but apparently refused to accept contract extension offer from Joventut so this summer will be Joventut's only chance to make some money with him. He would become the first 'useful' Basque player in Baskonia since Pablo Laso left the club in '95

I hoped Polonara would come to Efes. He is the archetypal Ataman player He could have milked him for 35 mins/game
    He┤ll surely contribute to Fener. Can┤t perform worse than Barthel or Ulanovas.
    Last edited by Deschain; 06-03-2021 at 07:07 PM.

Polonara is good signing(if it's true)

But path to the F4 roster is long and complicated.

The fastest way is to get rid of Melih, Ulanovas and Brown asap, Then 3 new players

Kokoskov should go for 'his' players Jovic and Prepelic in backcourt.
    I personally wish Pangos but probably he will stay in Zenit

Jordan Loyd close to Zenit.

I agree. One of the 5 best coaches in Euroleague this season, if we include results, play, tactic and circumstances. Zalgiris actually was on 9th place. Crazy series of wins of Milano,as well good start Zenit and Bayern brought Zalgiris in situation few weeks ago without realistic chances.

Play of Zalgiris from point of the view of coach is good prepared, well controlled and correct individual level.I think they missed one player on pg or sg or combo who can control pace and who is correct scorer. Hayes is out of system, I dont think he has such individual quality that Zalgiris should let him do it. Lauvergne played better than earlier seasons, Rubbit was probably neglected by role. Grigonis had best season in the life big miss will be next season for Zalgiris.

Apparently Khimki won't even participate in the VTB league next season so presumably all their players will be free agents.

I wonder where Shved will end up?

Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast