No announcement yet.

Euroleague/Club Competition 2020-21: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL - Michael Eric signs with CSKA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
      CSKA made an offer for Michael Eric of TT Ankara. It means a) Europe has a big big problem and second the season of CSKA is over.
      Its official now. He is a guy with zero touch around the rim and everything but not very versatile around the rim.

TT Ankara got 250k buyout.

Comment

Its official now. He is a guy with zero touch around the rim and everything but not very versatile around the rim.

TT Ankara got 250k buyout.
        Wow. That's a pretty large buyout. IIRC when CSKA signed Sant-Roos from AEK a year ago, it was for well under 100k.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
          Wow. That's a pretty large buyout. IIRC when CSKA signed Sant-Roos from AEK a year ago, it was for well under 100k.
          Afaik, they paid 500k to AEK back then.

I remember well.

Comment

Afaik, they paid 500k to AEK back then.

I remember well.

https://www.agonasport.com/agonaspor...s-aek-for-cska
            Wow, you certainly do! I must have been thinking of another transfer. Perhaps also because CSKA released Sant-Roos is the summer, despite having paid that large buyout.

Comment

• Lundberg gonna sign with CSKA.

Comment

• Originally posted by edvinas9 View Post
                Lundberg gonna sign with CSKA.
                Wondering what it could mean. James not going back soon or ever? Lundberg is pretty much type of scorer like Mike. Or just backcourt player to widen rotation... Anyway, if he really going to be signed right after Polish Cup, at least that's a good news for our NT, he shouldn't play in upcoming window

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                  Wondering what it could mean. James not going back soon or ever? Lundberg is pretty much type of scorer like Mike. Or just backcourt player to widen rotation... Anyway, if he really going to be signed right after Polish Cup, at least that's a good news for our NT, he shouldn't play in upcoming window
                  How much have you seen Lundberg play and how highly would you rate him? Apparently CSKA paid a 250k buyout, so this was an expensive week for them.

James and Lundberg at their first practice together:

Comment

• I see some doubts about Lundberg here.. It remind me on discution about James when he came to CSKA. I was probably the only one here who supported that move. All big experts were saying how stupid decision it was by CSKA.

If I am coach and could bring 3 Larkins or 3 James in the team I would do that. It's better to have 3 great players and resolve ball sharing between them, then 3 morons who don't know what to do with the ball.

This doesn't mean I am sure that Lundberg is great player, I just think that James's presence isn't obstacle for him at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                      How much have you seen Lundberg play and how highly would you rate him? Apparently CSKA paid a 250k buyout, so this was an expensive week for them.

James and Lundberg at their first practice together:

250k for CSKA is not a big money, I think they can afford that without much problems. Regarding Lundberg is very hard to tell cause it's huge jump for him. He never had a chance to play for some mediocre EL club or at least some stronger VTB one. In VTB I've seen many such cases in smaller teams like Zielona Gora, Astana, Avtodor and similar, when players are dropping big stats, but can't do much in higher level. I don't remember any success story when these top scorers from smaller clubs ended up in EL clubs and had good career there. Maybe I'm missing someone, but can't think about such now. So anyway it's more of exception than trend. Lundberg also shined in Denmark NT shirt, but let's be honest, that was against Lithuanian B team, Czech mixed squad. He is great in that given level, being top gun in smaller team. But I have serious doubts if he will be big contributor or will take any spotlight from James. Moreover, as much as I know about Lundberg, he is different personality to Mike. He is leader on court, but is loved by his teammates. Not saying that Mike is hated by all, but I mean that everywhere you can hear about Iffe only good things - hard worker, nice person, you can easily spot that he is very devoted to his national team too, shows big heart represeting Denamrk, that also says smth that money is not top priority. But that can be little obstacle in organisation like CSKA where lot of alpha males are looking for ball. I can only wish him to succeed, but IMO odds are against him.

Comment

• Well, CSKA payed 550k buyout for Lundberg and Eric. Considering Ankara got 250k Lundbergs buyout was 300k but these amounts are peanuts for CSKA, not a big deal but these movements also say that neither Real nor CSKA are expecting much from this season. I can somehow understand it.

Comment

Well, CSKA payed 550k buyout for Lundberg and Eric. Considering Ankara got 250k Lundbergs buyout was 300k but these amounts are peanuts for CSKA, not a big deal but these movements also say that neither Real nor CSKA are expecting much from this season. I can somehow understand it.
                          Maybe Iraz will correct me, but I think CSKA still has big ambitions, I can't imagine their sponsors being ok with anything but a trophy. That's why you can see Vatutin always so over dramatic in F4 and if CSKA wins it, it looks like not that winner smile, but mor elike huuuuge amount of pressure just fell off his shoulders Let's say Lundberg is not a sub for someone (unless some underperforming Strelnieks will be sacked), but more a player to widen backcourt rotation or to improve it. And I tend to believe that when CSKA lost Milu and failed to find proper replacement, which is simply impossible with current market being quite empty, they now will stake even more on backcourt and ISO game, that's why they need player like Lundberg, who is good in that or at least was in Stelmet. Eric will be needed as that rebounding/defending big, who used to be quite mobile to grab some offensive boards, do some dirty work, even tho I must admit I didn't see him lately

Comment

Maybe Iraz will correct me, but I think CSKA still has big ambitions, I can't imagine their sponsors being ok with anything but a trophy. That's why you can see Vatutin always so over dramatic in F4 and if CSKA wins it, it looks like not that winner smile, but mor elike huuuuge amount of pressure just fell off his shoulders Let's say Lundberg is not a sub for someone (unless some underperforming Strelnieks will be sacked), but more a player to widen backcourt rotation or to improve it. And I tend to believe that when CSKA lost Milu and failed to find proper replacement, which is simply impossible with current market being quite empty, they now will stake even more on backcourt and ISO game, that's why they need player like Lundberg, who is good in that or at least was in Stelmet. Eric will be needed as that rebounding/defending big, who used to be quite mobile to grab some offensive boards, do some dirty work, even tho I must admit I didn't see him lately
                            Eric is the same Eric as always. No touch around the rim and has trouble with offensive fouls but he can give ok 15 minutes with his defense. It is not his best season with TT Ankara. A between Eurocup and Euroleague guy (rather Eurocup than Euroleague). F4 is still possible even so in big danger but I dont see much impact in F4 unless James has his career night. Even this wouldnt be enough if you ask me.

Comment

Well, CSKA payed 550k buyout for Lundberg and Eric. Considering Ankara got 250k Lundbergs buyout was 300k but these amounts are peanuts for CSKA, not a big deal but these movements also say that neither Real nor CSKA are expecting much from this season. I can somehow understand it.
                              Yes but during the summer CSKA said that they had to release Sant-Roos because of budget cuts and he wasn't on a particularly big contract by their standards. Now perhaps part of that budget was set aside for emergency signings during the season, but there's plenty of free agents out there. Just surprised that they're paying buyouts for guys that aren't established at this level. Although obviously they can't sign players who already played for other EL teams earlier in the season, but still...

Comment

250k for CSKA is not a big money, I think they can afford that without much problems. Regarding Lundberg is very hard to tell cause it's huge jump for him. He never had a chance to play for some mediocre EL club or at least some stronger VTB one. In VTB I've seen many such cases in smaller teams like Zielona Gora, Astana, Avtodor and similar, when players are dropping big stats, but can't do much in higher level. I don't remember any success story when these top scorers from smaller clubs ended up in EL clubs and had good career there. Maybe I'm missing someone, but can't think about such now. So anyway it's more of exception than trend. Lundberg also shined in Denmark NT shirt, but let's be honest, that was against Lithuanian B team, Czech mixed squad. He is great in that given level, being top gun in smaller team. But I have serious doubts if he will be big contributor or will take any spotlight from James. Moreover, as much as I know about Lundberg, he is different personality to Mike. He is leader on court, but is loved by his teammates. Not saying that Mike is hated by all, but I mean that everywhere you can hear about Iffe only good things - hard worker, nice person, you can easily spot that he is very devoted to his national team too, shows big heart represeting Denamrk, that also says smth that money is not top priority. But that can be little obstacle in organisation like CSKA where lot of alpha males are looking for ball. I can only wish him to succeed, but IMO odds are against him.
                                It sounds like he really deserves this opportunity so hopefully he can make the step up. Although like you said, it's a big adjustment, especially to move at this stage in the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information