Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
    What happened with Jackson?
    i think it's not just about his injury but his attitude, the chemistry doesn't really fit, he's not what you would call a exemplary in practice.

Comment

According to 24SEK.lt, Garino's situation on his rehab still remains questionable. Whilst Vasturia is playing an awful basketball, Zalgiris might be looking for short or long term addition in SF position. Although, we ain't got no cash left for a decent player.

Comment

Zvezda sign Johnny O'bryant.

He, Terry and Rochestie are huge upgrade but risky spending money because of situation with covid.

Comment

with those 3 addition, team will look much more decent.. to bad that season again will be suspended due c19..

Comment

Originally posted by edvinas9 View Post
            According to 24SEK.lt, Garino's situation on his rehab still remains questionable. Whilst Vasturia is playing an awful basketball, Zalgiris might be looking for short or long term addition in SF position. Although, we ain't got no cash left for a decent player.
            Axel Toupane is being offered to Žalgiris, according to Rytis Vyšniauskas. https://www.lrt.lt/naujienos/sportas...etuviska-derbi ~33:30.

In my opinion, Axel would not be a bad addition. He's able to play elite defence, can guard 1-3, mediocre shooter, able to run the floor. I think with Lauvergne as his team mate and with Schiller instead of Šaras, he'd be able to fit even better in current Žalgiris.

Edit: fun fact - Axel and Joffrey are from the same village in France, their parents played basketball together as well, so they've known each other for most of their lives and both not only played for France NT, but for Denver Nuggets. https://milehighsports.com/axel-toup...on-to-the-nba/
            Last edited by bakas; 10-21-2020, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakas View Post
              Axel Toupane is being offered to Žalgiris, according to Rytis Vyšniauskas. https://www.lrt.lt/naujienos/sportas...etuviska-derbi ~33:30.

In my opinion, Axel would not be a bad addition. He's able to play elite defence, can guard 1-3, mediocre shooter, able to run the floor. I think with Lauvergne as his team mate and with Schiller instead of Šaras, he'd be able to fit even better in current Žalgiris.

Edit: fun fact - Axel and Joffrey are from the same village in France, their parents played basketball together as well, so they've known each other for most of their lives and both not only played for France NT, but for Denver Nuggets. https://milehighsports.com/axel-toup...on-to-the-nba/
              Doubt they gonna risk signing a contract with Toupane. He's after achilles injury, so having two SF's with health issues would make no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by edvinas9 View Post
                Doubt they gonna risk signing a contract with Toupane. He's after achilles injury, so having two SF's with health issues would make no sense.
                Sure. But on the other hand, don't forget that they have very little to spend, so they'll have to risk either way, for example, by signing a G-League player with no Euroleague (or even European basketball) experience.

So, if we're looking at someone who is from G-League with no Euroleague experience and at someone who's experienced and already has a good chemistry with starting-C, it'd not be a big surprise if Žalgiris takes the "injury risk" instead of "no-experience risk". At the end, they'll probably get someone to evaluate how well he has recovered from the injury and that'll be the decisive moment. Despite Axel's sometimes poor decisions in offense (especially, during fast breaks), I really loved his defense and how much pressure he was usually able to put on ball-handlers.

Finally, I really doubt that they'd go for a short-term contract with someone who could become their leader and then could possibly leave for NBA.

Let's wait and see, I'm pretty sure the decision will be made in the upcoming week.

Comment

Basketnews podcasters are speculating that it would be neat to sign Butkevicius as his buyout clause is really low. Even though it is only a speculation, as far as I know, Zalgiris was interested in signing Butkevicius in the offseason. At least there was a rumor that he might replace Ulanovas in case he leaves. Nevertheless, Ulanovas waited until the last minute to sign with Fenerbahce and Butkevicius already had a signed contract with Rytas. Both, Butkevicius and Toupane would be really great fits for Zalgiris as they can play decent defense and are a quite similar type of players. I'd say Toupane is a bit better on defense due to his wingspan and a bit better offensive player on the open floor. Butkevicius has his own advantages over Toupane and the most important that he is a native player. Although, as I said, signing a just-recovered Toupane for me seems to be a chance that is equal slim to none.

Speaking of G-League, I think that Schiller is capable of finding cheap gems out there. Who knows G-League market better in Europe than he does? Especially when Schiller relies a lot on 1v1, 2v2 plays, a highly skilled individual player at a third position that would be capable of playing decent D might be a good addition knowing the fact that Schiller ain't uses tough-to-remember plays.

Comment

Frank Mason III would be a really nice Campazzo replacement for Real Madrid

Comment

Addition in the third position for Zalgiris seems to be impossible as government is going to implement attendance restrictions this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
                        Frank Mason III would be a really nice Campazzo replacement for Real Madrid
                        Watched him a lot in Kings where he had much more playing time than in Milwaukee. Would be a huge downgrade if they would try to install him instead of Campazzo in my opinion. I don't think that Real can afford to make such a risky move.

Comment

Campazzo is finished with Europe in his mind. You could see it clearly against Barca. To crown it all also Llull has been playing like shit. Real needs a generational change if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                            Agree. Zvezda will shoot 35 threes every game if we look at first prep games and EL and ABA games. Rochestie's signing goes in that direction, too.
                            nope
                            obradovic is a very limited coach writing of ball moviment for shooters. so zvezda, despite his tradition, will not shoot from the arch so much

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                              nope
                              obradovic is a very limited coach writing of ball moviment for shooters. so zvezda, despite his tradition, will not shoot from the arch so much
                              Thank you for the explanation, maccabeo.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                                Campazzo is finished with Europe in his mind. You could see it clearly against Barca. To crown it all also Llull has been playing like shit. Real needs a generational change if you ask me.
                                I'm surprised you haven't been on the phone to Laso, persuading him to renew his roster with some Turkish prospects.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information