Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2020-21: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

All "streetballers" from my hate list are fired

Ulanovas, Moerman, Williams and today O'Quinn, Brown and Sipahi

Now it's just Melih left

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post

Now it's just Melih left
    Knew you'd be happy with the moves they announced today.

Any rumours about whether Kokoskov is definitely staying?

Sertac Sanli to Barcelona ?

Hopefully Toruko will be able to take a break from writing his biography of Ilkan Karaman and suggest some Turkish signings for Fener and Efes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Hopefully Toruko will be able to take a break from writing his biography of Ilkan Karaman and suggest some Turkish signings for Fener and Efes.
    The market is kinda stuck. There are few guys who could help both teams in the next season. Alperen Sengün is in the NBA, Besiktas demands 1,25 million dollar buyout for Sehmus Hazer (they are crazy), means he will stay with BJK. Metecan Birsen is happy in Karsiyaka, Berk Ugurlu and Berkan Durmaz want a club where they can get a big role.

Actually nobody wants to play for FB.

Efes needs a Turkish big. Just a big and the market situation is not great. Egemen Güven signed with Bursaspor (great guy luve him), Ege Arar returned to Galatasaray (bad guy hate him), Emircan Kosut and Muhsin Yasar had both horrible seasons no options. For Furkan Haltali they will have to pay a buyout, they wont do it.

But Efes has one other option and he is from the own youth named Tarik Sezgün, a 210 cm mobile shooting big with great wingspan and lateral quickess but horrible hand eye coordination. I think they will start with him in the BSL.
    Last edited by Toruko; 06-17-2021 at 07:35 PM.

Handy-eye-coordination Reminds me of a funny story.

Bogdan Tanjevic told a pretty famous quote here in a basketball TV show. Enes Kanter told him he paid 15.000 dollars a day for a coordination coach in the US. Bosha asked him what they've trained individually for that amount of money. Kanter replied that the guy was standing on a chair and threw a tennis ball on Kanter which Enes had to catch to improve his coordination That being said I think that if "hand-eye-coordination" is the problem Turkish players have exerience to solve it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYF1t8Afl8Q

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    The market is kinda stuck. There are few guys who could help both teams in the next season. Alperen Sengün is in the NBA, Besiktas demands 1,25 million dollar buyout for Sehmus Hazer (they are crazy), means he will stay with BJK. Metecan Birsen is happy in Karsiyaka, Berk Ugurlu and Berkan Durmaz want a club where they can get a big role.

Efes needs a Turkish big. Just a big and the market situation is not great. Egemen Güven signed with Bursaspor (great guy luve him), Ege Arar returned to Galatasaray (bad guy hate him), Emircan Kosut and Muhsin Yasar had both horrible seasons no options. For Furkan Haltali they will have to pay a buyout, they wont do it.

But Efes has one other option and he is from the own youth named Tarik Sezgün, a 210 cm mobile shooting big with great wingspan and lateral quickess but horrible hand eye coordination. I think they will start with him in the BSL.

Tough situation for Fener because they have quite a lot of Turkish players to replace now. Which might also suggest that Melih is less likely to leave as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post

metecan probably will sign with fener

Fenerbahçe İstanbul

Darrun Hilliard was released by CSKA.

You didn't read my post or you did it in malicious way.

I don't bash him because he is bad player, but quit opposite I am mad because he didn't use his full potential yet.

But when you mention NBA rotations and how hard it is, I must laugh on idea that O'Quinn was regular memeber of some rotations there but in Europe he was just role, less then that, he was tree on the court.

Haha...well you did call him "a moron", "lazy and stupid" and inferred that he is "garbage" but I do sincerely apologize if I somehow took all that in a "malicious way." Don't know what I possibly could've been thinking.

You seem to have a fairly narrow Fener-centric perspective, so I'll try to keep things within those lines. Kyle O'Quinn has not been an NBA rotation player since the 17-18 season, the year Jason Thompson (no longer an NBA player) played a role in helping you to the Euroleague Final. If Kyle O'Quinn would've come over that year, he would've been the the best big in your country by a wide margin. There's a reason O'Quinn was out of the league and seeking work in Istanbul this past season.

When I say "NBA rotation player" I'm not talking about guys like Marko Guduric, who nearly single handedly saved your whole season. Spots 11-17 are interchangeable with many overseas/G-League players, and it makes sense that some internationals choose to stay closer to home or even that some Americans prefer playing abroad. But earning consistent minutes on a nightly basis and signing multiple contracts is no small thing, and Korkmaz should be commended for being well on that path at age 23 instead of the totally non malicious, definitely not negative way you were coming at him.
    Last edited by ChuckDiesel2; 06-18-2021 at 06:51 PM.

Also in first 6 seasons O'Quinn played 15 minutes on bottom 10 teams (30th, 28th, 26th, 24th, 25th and 22nd)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    If Virtus Bologna were really determined to sack Djordjevic, even after he won the Italian League, why have they decided that Scariolo is their best option? Setting aside his international record, his last spells in club management were not good. Sacked by Vitoria after less than a year and his two years in Milano were terrible. Also lost a Eurocup final with Khimki against Rytas despite having a huge budget team with Carlos Delfino, Jorge Garbajosa etc. He did great things with Malaga before all that, but it's hard to see why Virtus were so desperate to appoint him.
    you can understand some logics only if you are from Bologna

https://twitter.com/parallelecinico/...264811522?s=19
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Now it's just Melih left
    not sure how to tell you, gently, but Moerman extended his contract for another year with Efes...

as I wrote in Efes's thread, the history of Ataman's signings foreshadowed this, despite Moerman saying his farewell earlier this month.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    not sure how to tell you, gently, but Moerman extended his contract for another year with Efes...

as I wrote in Efes's thread, the history of Ataman's signings foreshadowed this, despite Moerman saying his farewell earlier this month.
    Its a matter of the market situation, what Efes offers and what Moerman wants. He had a very poor shooting season but two years ago it was quite the opposite. He had to accept a lower offer but Efes increased a bit as well.

The problem with both Turkish teams in Euroleague: rebounding!

On Efes side the best rebounder in this team is Moerman without a question, then Anderson, then Singleton. In fact Efes was bleeding against Barca in the final and Moerman saved the asses of his mates. I wasnt happy with Moerman but he is old. Better chances to get minutes for my boi Saybir.

Don't know how badly he did last year, but I don't agree with "one bad season, and you're out" approach. He was a valuable piece and I'm happy he stays.

BTW, Yurtseven rumors are circulating for Efes to replace Sertac Sanli.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Don't know how badly he did last year, but I don't agree with "one bad season, and you're out" approach. He was a valuable piece and I'm happy he stays.

BTW, Yurtseven rumors are circulating for Efes to replace Sertac Sanli.
    If you are happy then me too. As long as Gherardini doesn't show interest for him it's ok

Interestıng move... OKC got Walker from the Celtics. Read somewhere the Bulls were interested in getting Micic rights but I think the chances that hell stay is increasing.

Akpinar is not bad move for domestic spot

Akpinar is not bad move for domestic spot
    But still you wait for news on Melih.

Quote Originally Posted by radallo View Post
    you can understand some logics only if you are from Bologna

https://twitter.com/parallelecinico/...264811522?s=19
    Ha, thanks for posting this. An amazing and fitting photo given recent events.
    What did you think of Scariolo's appointment? The Eurocup was disappointing but Virtus were incredible in the playoffs.

Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast